Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

Manjrekar was saying that the Indian TM rate Kuldeep Sen very highly.  He must have talked to some of them. 

I think they think he is superior version of Prasidh... Whose fuller length balls are a bit floaty...  Unlike Kuldeep Sen who gets that extra zip. 

Avesh also had same issue...  That's why he only preferred to bowl back of length 

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

I don't find Prasidh's fuller balls to be floaty unless he has a niggle.

He's speeds while hitting the are 3-4kph quicker compared to fuller deliveries, he looked in great rhythm during the latter stage of ipl, his fuller balls were also quick, the younger to hasaranga was terrific, got Saha out with a gem in the final. Sad he couldn't quite keep the form up during wi series, needs to be back soon.

some fast bowlers who did well in last IPL and Probably may perform well in ipl 2023.

km asif......what ever performances he showed in IPL , he always performed and i guess dhoni did not like him so didnt play him much but he is good.

karthik tyagi-------i guess some of us consider him more talented than umran and kuldeep sen, he is fast , super fast upto 149K but i guess umran and Kuldeep sen are a shade ahead of him.

Navdeep tyagi- i regard him high still, i know his full balls are slower and floaty but he is super fast with his shorter /mid pitch balls.

BAWA and other fast bowling all rounder ( i am forgetting his name)

vidyut kariapa is too tall  and i guess may be bowling upto 143K with bounce as much as Prasidh.

Prasidh krishna is great but IS he unfit.

Kuldeep Sen- he is tall and I have seen himbowling at new mumbai cricket match , his balls generate BOUNCE just like ISHANT and he is fast..fast and bounce is a lethal combo.

Unmran Malik is improving and I guess he will get his chances quite a bit at least when BOOM is unfit as India requires a fast bowler.

wasim Bashir or basit bashir- these 2 kasmiri fast bowlers are being talked about...dont know how good they are...

Umesh Yadav may also do well as He seems to be in some form still.

Siraj.

guys who I think  are not too good now are Shivam mavi( he has slowed down), aakash singh , Ishan porel( trundler), even nagar koti( has fitness issues) 

53 minutes ago, speedracer said:

Lol at Australia hyping all their local bowlers. Thornton etc are labelled as fast bowlers. Nice marketing. Scott boland who bowls between 130-138 is labelled as fats medium yet our idiot bcci rarely ever promotes our awesome fast bowling talents. Pathetic from bcci. 

Our kaptaaaaaan kl rahul said Siraj and Yadav are medium pace bowlers..anpadh aadmi

We are missing a couple of pacers with genuine pace and bounce In 2022 in tests and T20Is. We have them in ODIs. 

We need a couple of pacers who can bowl 90 mph+, with bounce, if batting conditions become easy. Our pacers in this test are basically Fast-medium and can't force out batters if the ball is not moving. 

Bumrah was doing this from 2018 onwards. He used to crank it up whenever needed and act as the enforcer pacer. Even Shami could do it from 2016 to 2020.

But Bumrah is injured and Shami has lost the extra fire from mid 2021.

We saw what Kuldeep Sen did in Irani Trophy when the pitch flattened out. He bowled bouncing snorters and stump directed quick balls to get wickets. 

Umran can be developed for this purpose and Prasidh has the extra bounce.

We need these 3 pacers in our test match pool.

Edited by express bowling

We need a someone to take the role of Norte or Wood in the test side. That someone needs to be quick to make things happen when the pitch has settled down. 

I’m actually looking forward to the next ODI series. And from now on Bumrah and Umran should be the first two picks for it. The third one needs to be quick and good at the death. no need to compromise. But the way our think tank works, they will 100 percent go for some ‘swing’ n ‘accurate’ bowler for the third slot or even replace Umran once Bumrah is back. They might probably go with Bumrah Siraj and some ‘swing’ bowler. 

Edited by MK55

Also we need to get rid of Shardul Thakur and find another all rounder. And here power hitting skills should be the top priority. Don’t need another Sundar. Sundars good but lacks the ability to dominate. But I’ll keep Sundar as he’s improving. Shardul has done nothing noteworthy in LOIs lately. Probably way past his peak. He ends up taking some cheap tail ender wickets when they go after him and he manages to hold his facade. That spot should be up for grabs this coming IPL. 

7 minutes ago, MK55 said:

We need a someone to take the role of Norte or Wood in the test side. That someone needs to be quick to make things happen when the pitch has settled down. 

I’m actually looking forward to the next ODI series. And from now on Bumrah and Umran should be the first two picks for it. The third one needs to be quick and good at the death. no need to compromise. But the way our think tank works, they will 100 percent go for some ‘swing’ n ‘accurate’ bowler for the third slot or even replace Umran once Bumrah is back. They might probably go with Bumrah Siraj and some ‘swing’ bowler. 

Exactly !

6. Hardik

7. Jadeja

8. Washington 

9. Bumrah

10. Siraj / Prasidh 

11. Umran / Sen 

This combination is immensely playable in ODIs.  

2 minutes ago, MK55 said:

Also we need to get rid of Shardul Thakur and find another all rounder. And here power hitting skills should be the top priority. Don’t need another Sundar. Sundars good but lacks the ability to dominate. But I’ll keep Sundar as he’s improving. Shardul has done nothing noteworthy in LOIs lately. Probably way past his peak. He ends up taking some cheap tail ender wickets when they go after him and he manages to hold his facade. That spot should be up for grabs this coming IPL. 

Mohsin and Hangargekar would be ideal candidates for replacing Shardul.

6 hours ago, express bowling said:

We are missing a couple of pacers with genuine pace and bounce In 2022 in tests and T20Is. We have them in ODIs. 

We need a couple of pacers who can bowl 90 mph+, with bounce, if batting conditions become easy. Our pacers in this test are basically Fast-medium and can't force out batters if the ball is not moving. 

Bumrah was doing this from 2018 onwards. He used to crank it up whenever needed and act as the enforcer pacer. Even Shami could do it from 2016 to 2020.

But Bumrah is injured and Shami has lost the extra fire from mid 2021.

We saw what Kuldeep Sen did in Irani Trophy when the pitch flattened out. He bowled bouncing snorters and stump directed quick balls to get wickets. 

Umran can be developed for this purpose and Prasidh has the extra bounce.

We need these 3 pacers in our test match pool.

This is what issues, our management does not think this, they play on rep rather potential, some of our players are being wasted by being on the bench or not selected, what would unadkat have brought to this attack on this pitch? Nothing at all bar some gentle medium pace, unless injuries to Umesh, shami, bumrah, Siraj we won't get to see the dept and potential of Sen, umran, prasidh and tyagi, hopefully it happens soon, Siraj atleast is fixed now in all formats, umran in odis, bumrah still injured, need prasidh fit and running, tyagi would do well with a A tour soon.