Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

15 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

It's not just you, Umran's deliveries are skiddy and loose lesser pace, so does Pandya's.
Mavi's bowls are just slow.
We need to have 2 speedometers...one while releasing the ball, other one when batters play it. Pak vs Eng series had that I guess.

right..I remember something like that was done long time back too..where Shoaib Akhtar balls were reaching in 130s to the batsmen..and other pacers were reaching at 120ks..so we loose about 15ks from the time ball leaves bowlers hands till it reaches batsmen..not sure how it works out for full tosses\short pitch stuff though..

I am very much sure..peak Shami was losing lesser pace..and similarly skiddy bowlers are very dangerous..

they were also tracking reaction time for the batsmen and fielders as well..ofc it was sub second..

5 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

I think with the likes of Umesh, Shami etc retiring or close to and Bhuvi also getting old we will see more of him. Especially if Pandya is captain. 

lol GT connection you mean..we need couple of raw pacers to step up soon..

atleast Bumrah is back in ODIs..not sure how far he will be from his peak though..after returning from injury\gaps

2 minutes ago, Need4Speed said:

lol GT connection you mean..we need couple of raw pacers to step up soon..

atleast Bumrah is back in ODIs..not sure how far he will be from his peak though..after returning from injury\gaps

Yea I mean we need some depth beyond the best 5-6 who are shoo-ins because of how much cricket is played. Based on that he might walk in and be around the squad, hetting ghe odd game at least. Not unlike how Unadcutter got a test cap. 

20 minutes ago, maniac said:

Giving Mavi a pass for his undercooked bowling, good fielder and has insane striking ability. No Slogging. Proper technique. Give this kid a long rope and work on his bowling.

Mavi, if he can bat at 8,  can be used to weed out Harshal, Shardul and Deepak type one dimensional medium pacers.

We can hope that he picks up pace and zip if he plays more.

21 minutes ago, maniac said:

Giving Mavi a pass for his undercooked bowling, good fielder and has insane striking ability. No Slogging. Proper technique. Give this kid a long rope and work on his bowling.

He has to fight against the likes of Hangargekar, Arjun Tendulkar..who both bring different dimensions.

Hangargekar is taller and quicker than Mavi 2.0 in terms of pace and hitting ability, fielding wise not so sure. If Mavi can up his pace in range of 140-145 then he is ahead.

Arjun Tendulkar is tallest of 3 and brings a left arm angle, can move the new ball both ways and bowl Yorkers as well. Mavi hasn't shown ability to bowl Yorkers yet.

Just now, singhvivek141 said:

He has to fight against the likes of Hangargekar, Arjun Tendulkar..who both bring different dimensions.

Hangargekar is taller and quicker than Mavi 2.0 in terms of pace and hitting ability, fielding wise not so sure. If Mavi can up his pace in range of 140-145 then he is ahead.

Arjun Tendulkar is tallest of 3 and brings a left arm angle, can move the new ball both ways and bowl Yorkers as well. Mavi hasn't shown ability to bowl Yorkers yet.

Arjun has just started. Mavi has a longer body of work and tbh surprised how poor he was with the ball: always rated him high as a bowler.

hangrekar never seen him actually just heard a lot of hype. Hope he is good.

Mavi on seniority and body of work should get a relatively long  rope and if he shows no improvement then back to the drawing board: we can take a gamble on him I feel.

4 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

And Raj Bawa who was amazing as a bowler for India A in the Unofficial ODIs.  He gets good bounce off length and is very zippy off the deck. 

And he is a better batter than the other 3.

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Arjun has just started. Mavi has a longer body of work and tbh surprised how poor he was with the ball: always rated him high as a bowler.

hangrekar never seen him actually just heard a lot of hype. Hope he is good.

Mavi on seniority and body of work should get a relatively long  rope and if he shows no improvement then back to the drawing board: we can take a gamble on him I feel.

He is strong lad, one problem I see is his run-up is weird....more than half of the distance he does a brisk walk during his run-up only to run towards the end followed by a big leap...hence his pace oscillates between 130-142.

If a bowling coach can improve his that aspect then he can easily clock 145+.

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

And Raj Bawa who was amazing as a bowler for India A in the Unofficial ODIs.  He gets good bounce off length and is very zippy off the deck. 

And he is a better batter than the other 3.

Yeah, Raj Bawa is there as well. But I consider Raj Bawa more as a competition to Hardik Pandya (based on his U 19 performance).

His batting is much more refined than Hangargekar or Arjun Tendulkar, who are mostly bowlers with a bit of batting/hitting ability. 

15 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Hangargekar is taller and quicker than Mavi 2.0

Hangerakar is noway consistently quicker as of now, he's isn't that quick which we make of him "as yet"

Mavi is disappointingly bowling way slow than what he's capable of

I can bet anything,he can bowl well over 150 tomorrow if he wants to, that's what he is

We need Jyamvant type bowling coach to awaken the giant inside these guys

Hangerakar doesn't have that pace ceiling which Mavi has

3 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Yeah, Raj Bawa is there as well. But I consider Raj Bawa more as a competition to Hardik Pandya (based on his U 19 performance).

His batting is much more refined than Hangargekar or Arjun Tendulkar, who are mostly bowlers with a bit of batting/hitting ability. 

Yes. But as Hardik is the captain and will be around for long, Bawa can come in at 8.

In Senior Cricket, he is bowling his full quota with panache and is a full fledged bowler now in white ball cricket. 

2 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Hangerakar is noway consistently quicker as of now, he's isn't that quick which we make of him "as yet"

Mavi is disappointingly bowling way slow than what he's capable of

I can bet anything,he can bowl well over 150 tomorrow if he wants to, that's what he is

We need Jyamvant type bowling coach to awaken the giant inside these guys

Hangerakar doesn't have that pace ceiling which Mavi has

Under Mhambrey, Mavi may drop down to 125 k.

Hangargekar gets a lot of zip and bounce off the deck even if he clocks 130 to 140. He hurries batters and makes them hop. 

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Hangargekar gets a lot of zip and bounce off the deck even if he clocks 130 to 140. He hurries batters and makes them hop. 

Even Mavi does that with his current pace

I don't think and whatever i have seen of Hangarekar from his sprint to the crease to the release he doesn't come across as young Mavi(here im drwaing comparison with Young Mavi)

Mavi was a beast untill 2018 IPL,where he very very rapid and was getting good amount of kick

Im not saying Hangerakar may never become,im just talking about his current ability

6 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Even Mavi does that with his current pace

I don't think and whatever i have seen of Hangarekar from his sprint to the crease to the release he doesn't come across as young Mavi(here im drwaing comparison with Young Mavi)

Mavi was a beast untill 2018 IPL,where he very very rapid and was getting good amount of kick

Im not saying Hangerakar may never become,im just talking about his current ability

I agree fully with your take on Hangargekar vis a vis a young Mavi.

Regarding current Mavi, why is he looking so slow on a zippy track when clocking 138 k !  His ball release has probably become worse and he is not using his wrists well enough. 

Edited by express bowling
1 minute ago, express bowling said:

I agree fully with your take on Hangargekar.

Regarding Mavi, why is he looking so slow on a zippy track when clocking 138 k !  His ball release has probably become worse and he is not using his wrists well enough. 

Yes that is disappoiting for all of us,why he chooses this version to be ?

That clip where he recently touched 150k in the nets was a token of assurance that he was probably going back to his older self

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

Yes that is disappoiting for all of us,why he chooses this version to be ?

That clip where he recently touched 150k in the nets was a token of assurance that he was probably going back to his older self

Those 5 sec. clips are hard to judge bowler, he might be trying whole month and one good day he hit those speeds and got it on the video.

Not impressed by Mavi's bowling and his T20 SR is below 100, Ind is selecting too many similar kind 135ish bowlers who are neither tall nor have variations.

Additionally no-one can contribute with lower down batting/hitting in genuine fashion

Edited by tapandrun
7 hours ago, express bowling said:

I agree fully with your take on Hangargekar vis a vis a young Mavi.

Regarding current Mavi, why is he looking so slow on a zippy track when clocking 138 k !  His ball release has probably become worse and he is not using his wrists well enough. 

it's a matter of floating the ball up, and not hitting that deck hard... getting it to bounce and hitting the splice of the bat.