Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Wickets for this test  match

Bumrah  7

Shami    6

Bhuvi     4

Ishant    3

When will Ishant learn to pick wickets rather than just beat batsman. 

He picked amla and faf but still he should have got a fifer today with little more wicket taking closer to batsman length. 

In this test getting three wickets is poor performance and I cud train hardik for such a defensive role. 

I feel Ishant will loose his place soon. 

8 hours ago, Pollack said:

He did bowl poorly in patches and he was good in between too though didn't pick wicket at times. Hence overall he bowled good. Not bad enough to get dropped. And then he can always have a spell like today out of nowhere. 

His patches of poor bowling were far more than good bowling but fortunately when he bowled well, he bowled really well in cluster and thing is i am looking term because it worked on pitches like these which were extremely favorable for Pacers and you could come back and make an impact any time as a bowler even 60th over and it won't happen in England and Aus. There if you fail to make use of new ball, you will chasing leather whole. This moody patch bowling won't work there. You will have to be spot on from over one. Those are unforgivable conditions.

27 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Fastest balls by Indian quicks in the 3rd test vs SA

Bumrah   146 k

Shami      146 k

Ishant     140 k

Bhuvi       139 k

I dont know how to use the espnstar website to check the speeds. Is there a way you could check the speeds for the entire series? The fastest and average? I know Ngidi touched 150 once, but how far behind were our bowlers?

Pluses and Minuses of our pace attack in this SA test series 2018

Pluses

• We managed to take all 60 opposition wickets at 230 per innings.
  • Pacers taking up the primary responsibility of taking wickets overseas. They have worked as a group. We have seen 2 fifers and 2 fourfers.
  • We bowled a high % of deliveries in the good-length ,  off-stump to 6th stump ....  much more than we have done on earlier tours.
  • Pacers have generally hit the deck hard and bowled with pace.
  • We have used  bouncers reasonably well ... not too few and not too much.
  • We took out the tailenders quickly in 4 out of 6 innings with stump directed quick balls and bouncers.
  • Bumrah's intensity, really high pace, bounce and hunger to take wickets even in his debut test series.  (  14 wickets from 3 tests )
  • Shami's 2nd innings spells ... showcased his pace, bounce and skills.  (  15 wickets from 3 tests )
  • Bhuvi's all-round abilities, accuracy, focus, cool head and ability to take wickets when the ball is swinging.  (  10 wickets from 2 tests )

Minuses

• Shami needs to bowl with intensity in the first innings too. Can't go missing in the first part of test matches. Needs to cut down on his 4-balls too.
  • Bumrah needs to cut down on his leg-stump deliveries and 4-balls.
  • Bhuvi needs to bowl quicker and hit the deck harder when ball is not swinging.
  • Ishant did not bowl at the pace that he is capable of and did not get enough bounce for a 6'5" pacer bowling in SA.
  • We let SA off the hook in the 1st innings of the 1st test, after reducing them to 12 for 3. 

16 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

I dont know how to use the espnstar website to check the speeds. Is there a way you could check the speeds for the entire series? The fastest and average? I know Ngidi touched 150 once, but how far behind were our bowlers?

I check  BCCI.tv  / match centre / hawk-eye / bowl speeds

Hawk eye was not woking for the 3rd test

Fastest balls by Indians in this test series vs SA 2018

Bumrah   148 k

Shami      146 k

Ishant     143 k

Pandya   143 k

Bhuvi      140 k

Lungi bowled quite slowly in the 3rd test ... fastest I saw was 140 k ... lots of 134 k balls.

Edited by express bowling
22 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

http://www.bcci.tv/south-africa-v-india-2018/stats/fastest-ball

You can check this link for the speeds of the entire series ...  but it does not contain data for the 3rd test as hawk-eye was not working.  ( Shami's 146 k was in the 3rd test  )

Fastest Balls Delivered
Pos Player Speed (kmh)
1 Jasprit Bumrah 148.01
2 Jasprit Bumrah 147.01
3 Jasprit Bumrah 146.28
4 Jasprit Bumrah 146.18
5 Jasprit Bumrah 146.16
6 Jasprit Bumrah 146.11
7 Jasprit Bumrah 146.04
8 Jasprit Bumrah 145.88
9 Jasprit Bumrah 145.74
10 Jasprit Bumrah 145.66
11 Jasprit Bumrah 145.57
12 Jasprit Bumrah 144.80
13 Jasprit Bumrah 144.57
14 Jasprit Bumrah 144.51
15 Jasprit Bumrah 144.49
16 Jasprit Bumrah 144.36
17 Mohammed Shami 144.33
18 Jasprit Bumrah 144.31
19 Mohammed Shami 144.13
20 Jasprit Bumrah 144.05
21 Jasprit Bumrah 144.03
22 Jasprit Bumrah 143.99
23 Jasprit Bumrah 143.95
24 Jasprit Bumrah 143.92
25 Mohammed Shami 143.89
26 Jasprit Bumrah 143.88
27 Jasprit Bumrah 143.88

Umesh should quickly find his rhythm and pace back and this pace attack will be even more potent and showy, also very happy for bhuvi I always wanted him to be like boult who swings and seam the new ball at reasonable pace in test matches and bowl fastish to fast medium to fast in Odis and t20is, ishant  should be nowhere near the frame he still looks inefficacious out of all pacers needs to give some youngsters like siani his place.

28 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Umesh should quickly find his rhythm and pace back and this pace attack will be even more potent and showy, also very happy for bhuvi I always wanted him to be like boult who swings and seam the new ball at reasonable pace in test matches and bowl fastish to fast medium to fast in Odis and t20is, ishant  should be nowhere near the frame he still looks inefficacious out of all pacers needs to give some youngsters like siani his place.

Not giving up on Umesh yet but I think he will be dropped. Which will be a shame as I think he is a good addition to this bowling attack. People have short memories and they have forgotten how well he bowled last season. He just needs find his rhythm. 

Edited by Mosher
4 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Not giving up on Umesh yet but I think he will be dropped. Which will be a shame as I think he is a good addition to this bowling attack. People have short memories and they have forgotten how well he bowled last season. He just needs find his rhythm. 

I get the feeling that Umesh is not fully fit after the hectic 2016-17 season.  He maybe carrying some niggle.  I have never seen him bowl below top speed of 145 k ,  if fully fit.

It is better that he recovers fully and focuses on the England series where an outswng bowler like him may come in handy.  The IPL may prevent this from happening though.

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I get the feeling that Umesh is not fully fit after the hectic 2016-17 season.  He maybe carrying some niggle.  I have never seen him bowl below top speed of 145 k ,  if fully fit.

It is better that he recovers fully and focuses on the England series where an outswng bowler like him may come in handy.  The IPL may prevent this from happening though.

It would have been better if he played some county cricket but that IPL money is big to let go for any player.

12 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Umesh bowled out and out fast for almost two years in hot and humid conditions in India in test matches, surely that has taken a tote on his body, he wll still look million times better than ishant If he gets back in to rhythm, there is a reason why ishant went unsold and umesh sold at 4+crore bro..

46 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Aaron unsold again. Some team should have bought him. 50 lakhs is peanuts for them.

Let him take this as a bitter pill. That bloke is better than a lot of fast bowlers in international teams right now. Let him give it his all again and make a forceful comeback to the Indian team. 

We can do with all the fast bowlers we have. 

Tbh, I think we can have a B and a C team consisting of genuine fast bowlers who would still trouble any international team.

Indian Fast bowlers  and trundlers in which IPL teams  

KKR -- Nagarkoti,  Mavi, Vinay

RCB -- Saini,  Umesh,  Siraj,  Aniket C,  Khejroliya

MI -- Bumrah,  Hardik,  Sangwan

SRH -- Bhuvi,  Khaleel, Thampi, Kaul,  Natarajan, Sandeep

DD -- Shami,  Avesh, 

KXIP -- Rajpoot, Sran, Mohit, 

RR -- Unadkat, Dhawal,  Anureet

CSK -- Asif,  Shardul,  Chahar,  Monu