Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Exactly!!! Now we are getting somewhere we agree. You hit the nail on the head when you said Indian bowlers are picked on promise whereas Aussie bowlers are picked on FC success and experience. The reason is that our FC system sucks. So our bowlers have to "learn" to bowl accurately at Test level. Instead of addressing the FC issue, our board focuses on IPL!!! And that's why we suck overseas!
Not exactly right. Cummins was picked after 3 FC games with average performance. Pattinson did not have a single 5-fer in FC when he was picked but Mcdermott worked exclusively with him once he was picked. I want that kind of coaching assistance to make bowler work hard in the nets. Problem with us we do not have any experienced bowlers like other teams have, so, we are always playing rookie bowlers. If you have two good experienced bowlers, you can play 1 rookie bowler who can learn the trade by bowling with them, but you have 1 experienced bowler and 3 rookies then it is difficult even for the experienced bowler be effective.
Not exactly right. Cummins was picked after 3 FC games with average performance. Pattinson did not have a single 5-fer in FC when he was picked but Mcdermott worked exclusively with him once he was picked. I want that kind of coaching assistance to make bowler work hard in the nets. Problem with us we do not have any experienced bowlers like other teams have, so, we are always playing rookie bowlers. If you have two good experienced bowlers, you can play 1 rookie bowler who can learn the trade by bowling with them, but you have 1 experienced bowler and 3 rookies then it is difficult even for the experienced bowler be effective.
yep don't you see problem with our system that no one ever become experienced bowler for us ? there is ishant and then there are are tons of bowlers who have played 5-6 matches never getting consistent run
If by chance we have an experienced pacer, he more often than not, bowls 125 k dollies without any zip and finds it hard to maintain fitness. We don't have many 32 year olds bowling 135 k even. So, it becomes difficult to keep them in the team to guide the others.
Exactly!!! Now we are getting somewhere we agree. You hit the nail on the head when you said Indian bowlers are picked on promise whereas Aussie bowlers are picked on FC success and experience. The reason is that our FC system sucks. So our bowlers have to "learn" to bowl accurately at Test level. Instead of addressing the FC issue, our board focuses on IPL!!! And that's why we suck overseas!
If we did that we would have to go with an attack of Vinay Kumar,Pankaj Singh and Simple with batsmen or bowlers,we blood them in young....There is a reason guys like Kohli,Rohit etc may not have a stellar FC records either and that is a good thing as playing too much Indian domestics can ruin a player. Also even in Aus for every Domestic work horse that paid off like say Hussey etc there have been guys like Hodge etc who were stalwarts in their domestics but did not have much of an international career. How much FC did Starc,Cummins,Pattinson,Mitch Marsh,Brett lee,Shaun Marsh,Shane Watson etc play before they got the baggy green...I am sure they got in based on their perceived tailunt as well.

The thing is we expect miracles out of young bowlers.The fast bowling system is broken ,youngsters are made spearhead as we except zak for some time we did not have experienced leader.Right now likes of sreesanth,R.p singh ,manual should have been experienced but it just does not happen. every team breeds raw pace bowlers on promise be it sa,aus,pal,wi.Its just they have experience and bowling coaches to guide and nurture a bowler where as our bowlers are on their own.

Yes, Munaf, RP, Sreesanth would have been highly experienced and should have been our main bowlers by now if they had not fallen away. This is the problem with our bowling. They start well and fade away. Lack motivation, attitude, and heart of a fast bowlers. Shami is going the same way. He lacks intensity. Aaron is one who bowls with intensity every time he is given the ball that is why I like him. He has the heart even after endless injuries, he wants to bowl fast. He might lack control, but I believe he is going to work on it. He just needs to stay injury free. Umesh also needs to have that fast bowlers attitude.

Yes' date=' Munaf, RP, Sreesanth would have been highly experienced and should have been our main bowlers by now if they had not fallen away. This is the problem with our bowling. They start well and fade away. Lack motivation, attitude, and heart of a fast bowlers. Shami is going the same way. He lacks intensity. [b']Aaron is one who bowls with intensity every time he is given the ball that is why I like him. He has the heart even after endless injuries, he wants to bowl fast. He might lack control, but I believe he is going to work on it. He just needs to stay injury free. Umesh also needs to have that fast bowlers attitude.
Very true. In a country like our, Aaron's approach and attitude are priceless. We should support this lad wholeheartedly. If he gets to play continuously for even one year, he will become a top quality pacer.

First time indian selectors have picked the 5 pace bowlers that I had selected as well. They have probably the best 5 in india. If they don't suceed in Australia then the trundler brigade would fail as well. Just notice the confidence that umesh shammi and varUn have..remember umesh destroying Lanka recently. Varun was unplayable. I just want our pacers fit. Even our Ishan't is doing well.