Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

U19 SF vs SL

Speed ranges ( for most deliveries excluding slower balls )

Avesh Khan        130 k to 138 k

Khaleel Ahmed   127 k to 137 k

Avesh has picked up a wicket in his first spell. Bowled some beautiful channel deliveries.

Khaleel has hit the batsmen twice today...once on the helment and another time on the arm.

Edited by express bowling

We have got 2 exciting fast bowlers at u19 level.  ....Avesh khan and Khaleel Ahmed.

Both are tall....Avesh maybe  6'3" and  Khaleel around 6'2" 

They bowl at good speeds for U19....at 128 k to 138 k mostly.

Both get steep bounce and have good bouncers.

Avesh is  a right-armer and Khaleel is a left-armer. So..good variation in the attack if they bowl together.

Both have stock deliveries...good length and around off-stump. This is very important.

Avesh has wicket taking ability and Khaleel has bowled very well too.. 

Avesh gets seam movement both ways quite consistently.  Khaleel swings the ball more often.

Khaleel bowls some good yorkers too and Avesh has a decent slower ball.

Khaleel has a very good run-up and action and Avesh has a very strong action which uses a lot of shoulder.

So...the raw material is there. Now...it is upto the BCCi to develop them into complete bowlers and see that they don't fade away. 

Is it only me or does Khaleel looks like a left arm version of Srinath? Same facial expression, similar run up and same crying expression on the face all the time :) 

Their body language , facial expressions and smiles  do have some similarities.     :cantstop:

Khaleel's run-up and bowling action is more like Starc.

We have got 2 exciting fast bowlers at u19 level.  ....Avesh khan and Khaleel Ahmed.

Both are tall....Avesh maybe  6'3" and  Khaleel around 6'2" 

They bowl at good speeds for U19....at 128 k to 138 k mostly.

Both get steep bounce and have good bouncers.

Avesh is  a right-armer and Khaleel is a left-armer. So..good variation in the attack if they bowl together.

Both have stock deliveries...good length and around off-stump. This is very important.

Avesh has wicket taking ability and Khaleel has bowled very well too.. 

Avesh gets seam movement both ways quite consistently.  Khaleel swings the ball more often.

Khaleel bowls some good yorkers too and Avesh has a decent slower ball.

Khaleel has a very good run-up and action and Avesh has a very strong action which uses a lot of shoulder.

So...the raw material is there. Now...it is upto the BCCi to develop them into complete bowlers and see that they don't fade away. 

Yes, raw material is there. Hence, one can trust the BCCI to screw up (as always) and reduce them to Vinny "Legend" Kumar type of trundlers.

Against SL in first  T20I  ( WorldT20 practice match )

Our young pacers bowled much slower than they did in Australia. Don't know whetehr they were instructed to bowl within themselves as this was a very low scoring match.

Speed ranges ( for most deliveries excluding slower ones )

Bumrah   132 k to 139.4 k

Nehra      132 k to 137 k

Pandya    132 k to 136.5 k

All of them bowled good length and around off-stump mostly and got some seam movement.  Bumrah was hitting the deck and hurrying batsmen although his average speed was 135 k.

I was surprised Indian bowlers weren't hitting 140s yesterday. In Australia they were bending their back and got good speeds. I don't understand what happened yesterday. It was a green track and they should have been bowling lot quicker.

I'm sure there was no glitch in speed guns since Chameera was shown hitting 149k.

Chameera is quick, to surprised with that pace of Chameera at all. He has bowled up to 147 previously.

2ns T20 vs SL

Speed ranges  ( for most deliveries and excluding slower ones )

Nehra      133 k to 141 k

Bumrah  135 k to 139.6 k

Pandya   129 k to 134 k

Nehra bowled well today. Nice line and length. Got 2 wickets. Bowled a  great bouncer too which was top edged.

Bumrah just bowled at  the end overs. Almost all deliveries were well directed yorkers or slower deliveries. Bowled a good bouncer too. The accuracy of his yorkers at decent pace is as good as any in the world.  he got some inswing with his yorkers too. This guy is a great addition to our LOI attack. 

Pandya  bowled just 1 over at the end. He showed today that he can bowl good yorkers too. Bowled 3 good ones and another attempted yorker became a low full toss. bowled a slower delivery too.

Bumrah will never be an express pacer 140 max but what is heartening to see is his skillset in the loi format.....haven't seen his ability to swing yet... So not sold on his test credentials yet.....if he maintains his current pace and adds more skillset will be a gun bowler for us.

I have seen Bumrah bowling 5 overs on the trot, at 139 k to 142 k, in a 5 day domestic match. He was seaming the ball regularly and getting good swing from time to time. Bowled some well directed bouncers too in that spell. I actually feel that he bowls a bit slower in T20s.