Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

World T20 league match  vs  Australia

Speed ranges ( for most deliveries excluding slower balls )

Bumrah  135 k to 142 k 

Pandya  126 k to 140 k

Nehra    132 k to 140 k  

Bumrah was very expensive in his first over. Bowled a bit short without the bounce.  He rectified this later on and his last 3 overs were good.  Picked up a wicket.

Nehra was superb today. Got outswing and bowled good areas. 

Pandya slowed his pace down in his  first two overs as the pitch was slowing down. Bowled a lot of short rising deliveries as usual and picked up a couple of wickets. 

Edited by express bowling

Brett Lee was praising the way Bumrah hurries batsmen.  He came up with this analysis a little after Gavaskar had called our opening bowlers as bowling medium pace which was easy for the batsmen to tackle.

Brett said something to the effect that Bumrah skids the deliveries off the pitch and the balls feel quicker than they register on the speed gun and that is not easy for the batsman to tackle. Also, Bumrah can bowl up to 145 k which is quite impressive.

11 hours ago, express bowling said:

Brett Lee was praising the way Bumrah hurries batsmen.  He came up with this analysis a little after Gavaskar had called our opening bowlers as bowling medium pace which was easy for the batsmen to tackle.

Brett said something to the effect that Bumrah skids the deliveries off the pitch and the balls feel quicker than they register on the speed gun and that is not easy for the batsman to tackle. Also, Bumrah can bowl up to 145 k which is quite impressive.

Gavaskar and Manju always underplaying pace of our bowlers, Manju was saying Pandya bowls 120. He never looks at the speed when he clocks 140.

14 hours ago, express bowling said:

That's why I don't rate gavaskar no matter how great batsman he was he is too old school and has very little knowledge regarding fast bowling

1 hour ago, MultiB48 said:

expected ,i think manju  probably is depressed, during the u19 world cup he say saying in commentary  how there is nothing left in his life no joy  so he likes to eat a lot so he is getting fat etc .............

Lol yes even discussing frogs on field during u19wc

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Gavaskar and Manju always underplaying pace of our bowlers, Manju was saying Pandya bowls 120. He never looks at the speed when he clocks 140.

Yes...Pandya bowled a slower bouncer at 128 k and Manju  whines  that he tries bouncers even though he bowls at  120 k.  It was disgusting to hear.  A little later, when Pandya got a wicket off a 138 k bouncer and followed it with a 140 k delivery, Manju was completely silent on this issue.  This guy seriously lacks positivity and suffers from low self esteem.

i was surprise when i see Pandya hitting 140 plus. But Manju and gavaskar both are coming from old days where they see all military medium pacer. Pandya is not  a really quality allrounder but he is workable in LOIS until we find something better.

7 hours ago, Nash said:

i was surprise when i see Pandya hitting 140 plus. But Manju and gavaskar both are coming from old days where they see all military medium pacer. Pandya is not  a really quality allrounder but he is workable in LOIS until we find something better.

It is just a star for Pandya. He is just 22. You are not going to get any one better at his age because you do not get readymade alrounders. They all will take time to flourish. Look at Stokes, he was an ordinary bowler 3 years back, look at him now. People dont understand development process of a player.

9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

It is just a star for Pandya. He is just 22. You are not going to get any one better at his age because you do not get readymade alrounders. They all will take time to flourish. Look at Stokes, he was an ordinary bowler 3 years back, look at him now. People dont understand development process of a player.

I do have bad experiences with indian bowler development process. :) On other hand, indian batsman are usually groomed very well in batting and in beard. After some times, there is hug difference between boys and men :) boys are always talented and boys proves the talent with hardwork. U know what i mean right?

3 hours ago, Nash said:

I do have bad experiences with indian bowler development process. :) On other hand, indian batsman are usually groomed very well in batting and in beard. After some times, there is hug difference between boys and men :) boys are always talented and boys proves the talent with hardwork. U know what i mean right?

Pandya is primarily a batsman who bowls too

3 hours ago, Ironhide said:

Ishant bowled lots of deliveries between 140 k to 147 k in yesterday's match.

2 yorkers at 147 k and 145 k were excellent deliveries.

He got steep bounce too and swung the ball both ways....picked up 2 wickets as a result.

Ishant is bowling 137 k to 147 k quite regularly nowadays.