Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Saini has lost his intensity in 2020. Saw it in the IPL too. Is just going through the motions without focus.

He had that intensity in 2017 to 2019. 

Don't know what has happened to him.

I repeat,we need a good fast bowling coach asap,no point of having a pool of fsst bowlers without radar

Gillespie would be a great help for our boys ,we need an ATG level pacer from this generation desperately who can guide another set of kids coming up in a decade or so else we will be languishing down at the bottom as a nation starved of quality pacers,high time we develop a fast bowling culture when we have started churning out them,it is now upto BCCI to polish them,make good use of money

7 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

I repeat,we need a good fast bowling coach asap,no point of having a pool of fsst bowlers without radar

Gillespie would be a great help for our boys ,we need an ATG level pacer from this generation desperately who can guide another set of kids coming up in a decade or so else we will be languishing down at the bottom as a nation starved of quality pacers,high time we develop a fast bowling culture when we have started churning out them,it is now upto BCCI to polish them,make good use of money

I agree with everything you are saying.

But additionally, I am deeply disappointed with Saini's attitude ... to some extent with Siraj's attitude too.

Here are 2 young quicks on the verge of a test match debut ... 3 to 4 wickets and a fiery or probing spell can give them the biggest breaks of their lives ... but they have bowled without sufficient intensity. They have gone through the motions.

This is not good.

(  While I hope that our established quicks, Bumrah and Shami, just go through the motions and do not get too tired in a practice match.  )

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

But additionally, I am deeply disappointed with Saini's attitude ... to some extent with Siraj's attitude too.

Here are 2 young quicks on the verge of a test match debut ... 3 to 4 wickets and a fiery or probing spell can give them the biggest breaks of their lives ... but they have bowled without sufficient intensity. They have gone through the motions.

This is not good.

(  While I hope that our established quicks, Bumrah and Shami, just go through the motions and do not get too tired in a practice match.  )

Saini was looking jaded even in odis ,wonder what to call it,"lost interest midway" or "lack of confidence at this level"

These are not good signals.No more messing up with pacers,we need good fast bowling coach to halt this decline

10 minutes ago, express bowling said:

This is not good.

To be honest saini is no more young he is already 28 but still very raw we should invest on prasid and tyagi as future prospect

6 hours ago, Indwin said:

To be honest saini is no more young he is already 28 but still very raw we should invest on prasid and tyagi as future prospect

Saini looked very ready and mature in the late 2017 to 2019 period. But is suddenly bowling like a rookie in 2020. 

Don't know what is causing this deterioration  !!

Edited by express bowling

i feel the difference between a champion bowler like Shami and a Saini is that bowlers like Shami are quick in finding the lengths, the tactics against a batsman. Someone like Saini and Siraj spend half the day understanding the pitch and where to land the ball. 

In addition, both these bowlers are mechanical. They repeat what they have done throughout their life. Theres no readiness for application and modification. 

People like Saini can only bowl well when they are thoroughly guided, handheld. 

The bowling coach either needs to spend hours with Saini and give  a plan or encourage to experiment and think. 

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Saini has lost his intensity in 2020. Saw it in the IPL too. Is just going through the motions without focus.

He had that intensity in 2017 to 2019. 

Don't know what has happened to him.

What is the lack of intensity you are referring too. Is it lack of pace or lack of effort by bending back to bowl tough to negotiate bouncers or the run up aspects or something else.

He was not getting good number of wickets in IPL and same happened in LOI series in Aus.

In this practice match, he was used as 3rd change and hence he could pick lower middle order wickets only. But it was good to see him pick a 3 fer in innings finally after quite a lot of matches across formats.

5 minutes ago, RAZPOR said:

Saini is disappointing me now.This guy had such a high ceiling,but i am afraid he may be forgotten very soon.

I don't know if its form or something else,but he is not looking like the bowler i saw year or two back.

From being a LOI regular for bearly twelve months, he was dropped from LOIs after two poor ODIs. Expecting young players to not feel insecure and stay motivated under such situations is extremely difficult.

Having said that, no excuses, Saini should be at his best in all such opportunities. Bowled well in first innings, lacking rhythm here. Most likely, both Siraj and Saini know they are not getting to play ahead of Umesh.

Just now, ShoonyaSifar said:

From being a LOI regular for bearly twelve months, he was dropped from LOIs after two poor ODIs. Expecting young players to not feel insecure and stay motivated under such situations is extremely difficult.

Having said that, no excuses, Saini should be at his best in all such opportunities. Bowled well in first innings, lacking rhythm here. Most likely, both Siraj and Saini know they are not getting to play ahead of Umesh.

that much i am sure about.

But its disappointing to see him waste opportunities like this ,he has ability.But last few months he has looked like a rookie,whereas he looked like a finished product in 2018-19.

3 minutes ago, RAZPOR said:

that much i am sure about.

But its disappointing to see him waste opportunities like this ,he has ability.But last few months he has looked like a rookie,whereas he looked like a finished product in 2018-19.

We have the right to criticize him but somewhere i feel for them,they should have been used against paltry opposition when they were red hot(say 2017-18-19)

Nevertheless they should be at their best at every given opportunity,

Even the Coach and his supporting staff is least bothered,why not even the main coach gets paid millions of dollars for gulping tons of alcohol

Can't expect a grain of improvement from Arun

People tend to underestimate the pressure of expectations, Zak of all the Indian bowlers you could ever imagine shat the bed in 2003 WC final. That horrendous first over itself IMO lost us the final:whack:

This also why Kohli is not in the league of SRT in ODIs, probably neither in tests.

Edited by R!TTER

Mantra to succeed in Aus is bowl those hard lengths at regular basis

Saini being a skiddy bowler seldomly bowls those lengths and floats his deliveries

Pitches get flat later,most purchase out of the wicket can be made by biwling those  hard lengths but it does take huge amount of work that is why it is one of the hardest places for pacers , Aussie bowlers know the nature of the pitches at the back of their hands

Saini is not a bad bowler,he needs to get his focus/hunger back as he has not much time left in his hand

Edited by Suhaan