Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

3 hours ago, Adamant said:

It will be very harsh to drop Ishant as according to me he was the one who was obtaining the highest degree of lateral movement but still we can't go with the same set of pacers again as the tail is just too weak and Shami won't score 50 every time. 

Shardul should play ahead of Shami. 

As good as Shami is he shouldn't play 3 matches on the trot, also Ishant is very economical even if he doesn't pick many wickets so we are not gonna give too many runs. 

Jadeja

Shardul

Ishant

Bumrah 

Siraj

No I want umesh I for ishant. Umesh may not be able to lead a team but as a first change bowler he can be brutal. Use him to intimidate batsmen. 

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

No I want umesh I for ishant. Umesh may not be able to lead a team but as a first change bowler he can be brutal. Use him to intimidate batsmen. 

Ishant won us this test. All top order wickets. Umesh will leak runs like water.

Edited by rkt.india
28 minutes ago, Jay said:

Umesh is an interesting choice, I wanted Ishant for his high release and ability to move the ball, Umesh moves the ball as big as Ishant actually even more but the problem is the ball usually ends up onto the batsmans pads. 

He is just too inconsistent in his lines and so we can't trust him to hold one end, he might take wickets but he will go for big runs. 

On the other hand, Ishant is very economical and bowls nagging lines. 

Edited by Adamant
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Just like elderly people in real life, once an elderly pacer (  playing for 14 years ) becomes rusty, it is difficult to get back to old fitness.

Yes, true in case of Ishant as he has never been a great athlete, unlike Anderson. This is why it's imperative that they work on their athleticism. In fact, fast bowling is much more than just coming in and bowl. It is much more complex. A fast bowler has to be a sprinter first. Look at Siraj how he runs in or even Anderson. They have spring in their steps. A fast bowler must work on his jump like a triple jumper. Becoming a fast bowler is like preparing for three track and field events; sprint, triple jump and javelin.  

7 hours ago, rkt.india said:

in case of Ishant as he has never been a great athlete, unlike Anderson

What makes Anderson a great athelete and not Ishant, is it written on Anderson forehead?   Neither is Anderson some great athelete nor is it possible to say Ishant is not as much an athelete as Anderson, rkt pulls all this absurd baseless assersions from his arse. There is no definition for a great athelete written in stone and maintained as a standard somewhere. So stfu rkt :cantstop:

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

What makes Anderson a great athelete and not Ishant, is it written on Anderson forehead?   Neither is Anderson some great athelete nor is it possible to say Ishant is not as much an athelete as Anderson, rkt pulls all this absurd baseless assersions from his arse. There is no definition for a great athelete written in stone and maintained as a standard somewhere. So stfu rkt :cantstop:

A great athlete imo is someone who has the perfect balance of power, endurance, strength and flexibility. 

So;

Flexibility : Andy beats ishu

Strength: I think ishant would pummel him in the weight room lol. I guess. 

Power: Anderson more powerful. Has faster speeds and better fast twitch fibres. 

Endurance : equequal. 

2-1 andy. 

7 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

Get him used to bowling with the stumps(bowling end )and umpires ,bowling with/without them feels different,also avoiding the danger area in follow throw,these things should be in his muscle memory.

Right now, it's just bowling whatever way. These things are done in ground, in the nets. Right now, at this age, focus is more on athleticism and bit of bowling and action formation. Muscle memory develops much later. He has just turned 11.

9 hours ago, Jay said:

A great athlete imo is someone who has the perfect balance of power, endurance, strength and flexibility. 

So;

Flexibility : Andy beats ishu

Strength: I think ishant would pummel him in the weight room lol. I guess. 

Power: Anderson more powerful. Has faster speeds and better fast twitch fibres. 

Endurance : equequal. 

2-1 andy. 

Vilander se bahas nahi kar sakte hum log. For him, everyone is a great athlete because there is no definition of great athlete.

10 hours ago, Vilander said:

You are right everyone can win olympic track and field events because we all are great athletes.

Edited by rkt.india

Now when we talk about athleticism, we all are different, some very good, some average, some below average. Anderson is an above average athelete. Ishant is average to below average athlete. Athleticism depends on speed (agility), strength, and endurance. Agility is one of the most important part. Strength and endurance wont help if you lack agility. Ishant below average in agility.

5 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

If this is your backyard then just put a plastic stump with flat base and a plastic water drum in front of him to replicate the stump and the umpire, with his action he will have to angle the ball into the right hander, without the stump and the umpire he will get used to bowling straight and then make the change once he gets to the nets.

That I do though not regularly. I do have those stumps. We had started going to club in Jan. After monsoon, will restart.

Edited by rkt.india