D day for Jayalalitha

gattaca

why does Jethmalana defend all these crooks lol
It is "part of the business" for lawyers - they aren't literally defending crooks, they are presenting their side of the arguments for crooks. Technically, one isn't a certified crook after all options are exhausted - therefore, a good lawyer becomes a fundamental right. You should think about lawyers like spokespersons for their clients in court rooms just like the one in TV shows (much more civilized of course).

It is "part of the business" for lawyers - they aren't literally defending crooks' date=' they are presenting their side of the arguments for crooks. Technically, one isn't a certified crook after all options are exhausted - therefore, a good lawyer becomes a fundamental right. You should think about lawyers like spokespersons for their clients in court rooms just like the one in TV shows (much more civilized of course).[/quote'] Yeah....but it just so happens that a rather large number of clients of Jethmalani tend to be crooks/big criminals. That's by his choosing I guess.

These sort of convictions are a sham of the Indian judicial system. Laloo Prasad Yadav is walking free and conducting business as usual in his party despite a conviction. JJ will obtain a stay on the conviction and continue to walk free. First have a trial that lasts 20 - 30 years and then the convicted don't even need to serve any sentence.
hmmmmmm.....

hmmmmmm.....
Don't think you are proven right here. You had stated that her conviction would be stayed but that hasn't happened. Her sentence has been suspended and there is huge difference between two. If conviction was stayed, she would have become eligible to become MLA and hence CM. Right now her sentence has been suspended pendency of her appeal in high court with supreme court setting tight timelines for HC to dispose off the appeal.

Don't think you are proven right here. You had stated that her conviction would be stayed but that hasn't happened. Her sentence has been suspended and there is huge difference between two. If conviction was stayed' date=' she would have become eligible to become MLA and hence CM. Right now her sentence has been suspended pendency of her appeal in high court with supreme court setting tight timelines for HC to dispose off the appeal.[/quote'] It was not intended for proving myself right but the general tone of my argument that these sort of convictions usually are a sham of the judicial system. OP Chautala walked out of jail on "medical grounds" and then went on to address election rallies. I hear that JJ has also walked out of jail on "medical grounds".