Dhoni has retired from Test Cricket with immediate effect

Gambit

Dhoni won more overseas series than most Indian captains. How many test series outside Asia did Ganguly win?
Our overseas record under him is something like we had in the 90s - if that's what you expected from him as a captain then you obviously won't see anything wrong with him. When a new captain (especially one from the next gen after Ganguly/Dravid/Kumble had been captain for 7-8 years before him) takes over, its expected that the team will do better, not go back to its dismal record of the 90s and certainly not be whitewashed twice and still have the same captain.
Too much hate for Dhoni.
I don't think hate is for Dhoni the person , hate is all about his tactics . Till seniors were there he never had to shoulder any blame of defeats but got to reap the benefits of success. Until this tour he never had to bear any grief over all these piling losses.First time he has faced the grief and his nearest contender performed he has quit. In my view he still is the best WK batsman India has even with all his short comings overseas, he should have just quit from captaincy but played just as a player but his ego must have stopped him. In my view it would have liberated him from the burden and let him cut loose but now he looks like a quitter. All great Indian players of last generation were captains and then ex captains because they did not let their egos come in the way. Captaining a team which has just two or three players performing is very hard but his teams progressively lacked that will to fight.
Our overseas record under him is something like we had in the 90s - if that's what you expected from him as a captain then you obviously won't see anything wrong with him. When a new captain (especially one from the next gen after Ganguly/Dravid/Kumble had been captain for 7-8 years before him) takes over, its expected that the team will do better, not go back to its dismal record of the 90s and certainly not be whitewashed twice and still have the same captain.
With the Awesome Ganguly and Kumble as captains how many test series we won outside Asia? We won 2 series with Dhoni as captain.
As I said earlier' date=' and in my previous post, I have a sigh of relief that they didn't decide to sack Dhoni and put Gambhir in as test captain for the lack of an alternative...[/quote'] Keeping Dhoni as a captain just because there was no other alternative was a bigger crime in my view.
I don't think hate is for Dhoni the person , hate is all about his tactics . Till seniors were there he never had to shoulder any blame of defeats but got to reap the benefits of success. Until this tour he never had to bear any grief over all these piling losses.First time he has faced the grief and his nearest contender performed he has quit. In my view he still is the best WK batsman India has even with all his short comings overseas, he should have just quit from captaincy but played just as a player but his ego must have stopped him. In my view it would have liberated him from the burden and let him cut loose but now he looks like a quitter. All great Indian players of last generation were captains and then ex captains because they did not let their egos come in the way. Captaining a team which has just two or three players performing is very hard but his teams progressively lacked that will to fight.
All of them were good enough to play as a player,Dhoni wasnt.Nothing about ego
All of them were good enough to play as a player' date='Dhoni wasnt.Nothing about ego[/quote'] That is totally not true Dhoni is still the best WK batsmen in India show me a better Indian WK and please don't give me Saha. The only complain I have against dhobi is he never got going in tough spots especially overseas but I don't see any other keeper who is as good as him. We will see how good Saha is, I doubt he will be better than Dhobi.
Now that he has retired i assume we will start bowling well' date=' clean up tail of opposition in 10overs/under 50 runs, keeper will score over 35, opening problem will be solved, wont see batting collapse, hang onto our catches, keeper will be seen flying like superman and pulling catches out of thin air ?[/quote'] Its a process. Will take some time. But...under MSD...we reached as low as we can. Now under new captain..the only way is up.
That is totally not true Dhoni is still the best WK batsmen in India show me a better Indian WK and please don't give me Saha. The only complain I have against dhobi is he never got going in tough spots especially overseas but I don't see any other keeper who is as good as him. We will see how good Saha is, I doubt he will be better than Dhobi.
TBH he is not......but then again SRT can still out bat Dhawan and a few others in foregin conditions,doesn't mean he has to unretire. Time to start grooming a replacement....unfortunately under Dhoni,we just don't have that suitable replacement. Saha is not good enough,Samson is too raw and untested,Ojha from what I heard is a poor keeper and TBH comes across as a FTB(hope I am wrong here)
TBH he is not......but then again SRT can still out bat Dhawan and a few others in foregin conditions,doesn't mean he has to unretire. Time to start grooming a replacement....unfortunately under Dhoni,we just don't have that suitable replacement. Saha is not good enough,Samson is too raw and untested,Ojha from what I heard is a poor keeper and TBH comes across as a FTB(hope I am wrong here)
Dhoni is 33 not 43 so he is not old and he is very very fit guy.He still is playing odis and t20s.