With new ECB chairman, Kevin Pietersen may get a new life

Australia back Warner after indiscretions, Warner soon becomes a permanent fixture in the team and one of the best players in the World... England publicly humiliate Kevin Pietersen, despite him being their all format all time leading run scorer and top scoring in the 13/14 Ashes series, they then struggle for 18 months without him, and then dangle a carrot to see him return to the side, all the while he scores 326* before on the same day gets publicly humiliated by the ECB allover again... Two examples of man management and how to get the best out of your players. not comparing the issue of warner and kp though.. Still this is foolishness.. Feel for KP..He will still support England in ashes just like he did in cricket wc.

OMFG!!!! How in the flying feck could you say NO to KP after that knock?
Ashes as already sold out event. Management dont care. In PCB its Team does Merry Go round. In ECB its management which does a merry go round. KP is probably one of the best player to have ever worn English shirt. Does anyone remembers the case of Samit Patel or Swann.
Bunch of backstabbers' date=' that's all !!! Colin Graves asked KP to play county and score runs to get selected back in the XI, KP gave up an IPL contract and did just that.[/quote'] Not just cricket and cricket fans even other sporting Heroes have been outraged. Gary Linekar has come out in defence of KP. I just cant understand how you can start "new era of English Cricket" with same old baggage
It's just a hunch I have. I just think it would be difficult coming back to Test cricket, which would be the difference between him and the players you mentioned who kept playing Test cricket without a break, enforced or otherwise, and then starting again immediately where he left off
Where would you accomodate him in the test middle order comprising Ballance/Bell/Root/Stokes? May be Eng are looking at long term, but the message has been conveyed in a rubbish manner
Where would you accomodate him in the test middle order comprising Ballance/Bell/Root/Stokes? May be Eng are looking at long term' date=' but the message has been conveyed in a rubbish manner[/quote'] It's a tricky one. Out of those four Stokes is the one I rate the least so I'd drop him. He isn't really bringing much with bat or ball unfortunately. I'd probably put KP at 4 but I don't know who I'd drop down to accommodate him. Possibly Balance, with Bell at 3, as after watching him for years at Yorkshire I still think his best position is 6, but I do think he enjoys the responsibility up the order now
Where would you accomodate him in the test middle order comprising Ballance/Bell/Root/Stokes? May be Eng are looking at long term' date=' but the message has been conveyed in a rubbish manner[/quote'] drop any one of these incompetent players. This guy can bat circles around all 4 of them. You tell me yourself, does any one of those names puts a fear in the opponents heart? I think not ... fear alone can change the complexity of the game.

kp i guess with his south african blood was always an outsider. Have to say though, Warner is bleeds for the Aussie team. KP told Smith how to get Strauss out via SMS. there in lay the difference. still should be back and i feel that ECB are not putting their best foot forward. I fear for cricket in this country. It might just become a sport which only south asians play (cause thats the only thing they are good at). In a way cricket and rugby are buffered by a **** english football team. For the sake of cricket long may englands football team be ****.