Delhi Court blocks Delhi rape BBC documentary

AmreekanDesi

With all due respect, I couldn't care two hoots about the damage to India's 'reputation' world wide. I stay in India, and I'd rather see the documentary and have a certain kind of thinking vilified on mainstream media and hence changed over time with some kind of constant negative reinforcement. What a Kazakh scrap metal dealer or a financial analyst in NYC thinks about India is irrelevant to me.
I do agree. My point was made in the context of that chap crying international conspiracy to defame.

The publicity she has got is worth more than any profit that could have been made if the documentary had quietly run in India.
not really. She is a third rate documentary maker. No production house will touch her for fear of pissing off a major market. Keep in mind she will effectively be denied the permission to shoot in India.

I saw the documentary and thought that it was very well made. I firmly believe the documentary should be shown so that apologists for rapists can be publicly named and shamed. Its the only way the bastards will learn.
rapes are still happening despite the nirbhaya killers being on course to being hanged. Yeah naming and shaming them will really change the way they think.

rapes are still happening despite the nirbhaya killers being on course to being hanged. Yeah naming and shaming them will really change the way they think.
Also, a lot of people will support their ideologies fed by that lawyer. Dont you think all those things rapist talks about are not fed to him by the lawyer during trial?

Quick dispensation of Justice will really help. I Govt. is serious, it should constitute special fast track courts for rape cases. There should be a committee comprising of eminent judges to monitor the timely expedition of rape cases...

Delhi Court blocks Delhi rape BBC documentary

Quick dispensation of Justice will really help. I Govt. is serious' date=' it should constitute special fast track courts for rape cases. There should be a committee comprising of eminent judges to monitor the timely expedition of rape cases...[/quote'] Dada, courts don't give justice - courts just interpret the law. The real people who give justice are the investigation agencies. These agencies need to make a case to expedite trial. Most times, the courts ask them to do basic things including sample collection etc. it's a joke really. India is a joke in that regard and no party or politician has the will to get that corrected. Time is generally wasted not because of courts but because these piece of sh1t law enforcement agencies don't just care. For example, in the Arushi murder care the CBI "lost" crime scene evidence at the hospital. Think of this as a canonical example that epitomizes the problem.

From facing this issue. They think that airing of this documentary will damage india's image - they don't seem to realize that its not a documentary about rape but the actual rapes happening everyday which are damaging India's reputation.
is this coming from Modis government? this is like a ostrich sticking his head in the ground and wishing the problem will go away.

Quick dispensation of Justice will really help. I Govt. is serious' date=' it should constitute special fast track courts for rape cases. There should be a committee comprising of eminent judges to monitor the timely expedition of rape cases...[/quote'] Minhaz Merchant ‏@minhazmerchant Mar 4 Fast-track trial court delivered #Nirbhaya verdict in 7 months. Delhi HC upheld in 4 months. SC appeal stuck for 1 yr

I saw the documentary and thought that it was very well made. I firmly believe the documentary should be shown so that apologists for rapists can be publicly named and shamed. Its the only way the bastards will learn.
These guys are not on FB , TWITTER to learn moral lessons. You have to think it is wrong to learn. Did you see any remorse from that criminal or even the lawyer? So preaching and making popular is not going to help anyone