Bahubali : India's Biggest Motion Picture

Kalia_Test

:haha: However, I have not made any tall claims for Gujarati films, and I don't even know who those guys are :P Btw, the last video is in Hindi (again hardly anyone would know who the guy is) So by comparing these unknown players with your "trend setting" superstars of Telugu cinema, you are indirectly suggesting that many of the Telugu stars are of that (unknown actors) level :rofl: PS m64W3m2Vi-g ^ :rofl:
Your skills of inference are legendary as many in this thread have already seen :two_thumbs_up: So, we need to believe that you don't know any of the 3 videos I posted but are sure that I garland the heroes whose songs you posted everyday. Wonderful inference skills :hatsoff: Excellent. My mind is still going round and round with the 3 songs I 'discovered' ( one of them had haunted me a few yrs back too - the Granddad song by the Nataraja of Indian cinema :(( ). Need to listen to a few songs of Bahubali to get my senses back :dance:

The rate at which this is going, Kalia might start eulogizing Mahmood Ghazni and rett will start singing praises of the Razakar squad. :cantstop: take it easy guys. not worth it to waste time arguing about a movie... move on.
Sometimes you need to show mirror :dontknow: In my defense, this thread was what kept ICF alive last 2 weeks. Nothing much was happening anywhere else ( maybe a bit in Political setion ). Anyway I am off this for now.

Your skills of inference are legendary as many in this thread have already seen :two_thumbs_up: So, we need to believe that you don't know any of the 3 videos I posted but are sure that I garland the heroes whose songs you posted everyday. Wonderful inference skills :hatsoff: Excellent. My mind is still going round and round with the 3 songs I 'discovered' ( one of them had haunted me a few yrs back too - the Granddad song by the Nataraja of Indian cinema :(( ). Need to listen to a few songs of Bahubali to get my senses back :dance:
Popular actors vs. unknowns :winky: I can understand why Bahubali is your solace :P

This is an awesome song from this movie. It features 'Shiva Tandava Stotram' which was sung by Ravana in praise of Lord Shiva as he was a devotee. In Telugu TUQxn7NDKZI In Hindi PnUCcsNFCL4 In Tamil 3k1lDqAbmNg
Thanks for this. I had seen only Telugu version before this. Lucky me that I understand all 3 languages - Hindi, Telugu, Tamil - in that order ( though 1 and 2 depend on whether they are granthic or not ) and can easily differentiate...Telugu music direcor/singer Keeravani ( MM Kreem for Bollywood ) sang in Telugu...he sang in hindi too ( the sanskrit part ) but left hindi part ( one stanza) to Kailash Kher. Mounimi sang both Telugu and Hindi. No Nandi reference in Hindi ( it was an integral part of Telugu song ) Linga goes to Ganga in Telugu Shivji goes to Baghirathi in Hindi. :two_thumbs_up: As someone that knows Sanskrit too, I am amazed at how many tunes the Shiva Tandava Stotra can be rendered. SPB Shiva Thandava Stotram was the All time greatest ( though the one used in Ramayan series was good too ). The one used in Bahubali was unique and admirable. I am all for more Sanskrit background music ( Rajamouli specializes in that ). Sanskrit grammar is a bit difficult and I have problems many times :((

Thanks for this. I had seen only Telugu version before this. Lucky me that I understand all 3 languages - Hindi, Telugu, Tamil - in that order ( though 1 and 2 depend on whether they are granthic or not ) and can easily differentiate...Telugu music direcor/singer Keeravani ( MM Kreem for Bollywood ) sang in Telugu...he sang in hindi too ( the sanskrit part ) but left hindi part ( one stanza) to Kailash Kher. Mounimi sang both Telugu and Hindi. No Nandi reference in Hindi ( it was an integral part of Telugu song ) Linga goes to Ganga in Telugu Shivji goes to Baghirathi in Hindi. :two_thumbs_up: As someone that knows Sanskrit too, I am amazed at how many tunes the Shiva Tandava Stotra can be rendered. SPB Shiva Thandava Stotram was the All time greatest ( though the one used in Ramayan series was good too ). The one used in Bahubali was unique and admirable. I am all for more Sanskrit background music ( Rajamouli specializes in that ). Sanskrit grammar is a bit difficult and I have problems many times :((
Superb post. Yes, sanskrit lends that mystical quality to the situations. No wonder they have been used even in western movies (Matrix comes to mind) LLRemUVHais The rendition however is extremely difficult to understand - and requires subtitles. Nevertheless the whole movie series has solid basis in hinduism and its beliefs. On the domestic front, Mohanlal's industry hit Narasimham (2000) featured him as a sort of modern avatara purush - he had this theme song (which is also his introduction) zWlUdHuichI Used to be my favorite back then.The sanskrit lyrics are apparently created for the movie but they serve its purpose. I love drums sequence at 1.25, and Dr KJ Yesudas' voice gives it a different feel altogether. Mohanlal's other so called hindutva movies during that time also featured sanskrit, carnatic music, etc.

Precambrian you have tempted me with a nice lalletan movie but no subtitles in the torrents for that movie. mallus will happily watch tamil movies, but people who know tamil cannot understand malayalam so well. :/ good post Kalia. this song is also very famous in those days. e-GVlj7_UPQ

@ Rett: Any reason why you left out Jeevan, Kiran Kumar and Bharat Shah from all the big Bollywood Gujju personalities that you've listed? I didn't know that Farah Khan is gujju. That explains the sudden weight gain once she hit her 30s.

@ Rett: Any reason why you left out Jeevan' date=' [b']Kiran Kumar and Bharat Shah from all the big Bollywood Gujju personalities that you've listed? I didn't know that Farah Khan is gujju. That explains the sudden weight gain once she hit her 30s.
Kiran is a Kashmiri by birth and has ties with the royal family by virtue of being the grandson of the Vazir-e-Vazarat of Gilgit.[2] He is a follower of Sai Baba and has a production house named after the saint. Sainama Visions.

Might have posted elsewhere here but here is another Sanskrit song by Same Rajamouli-Prabhas-Keeravani combo song ( tune is copied from German cartoon movie and lyrics in Sanskrit created from scratch ) NTfhqNcqo6A For Tamil, Mallu and Telugu fans - One Epic moment below. A Golt ( SPB ) and a Mallu ( Yesudas ) coming together to sing an all-time hit Tamil song for Rajni (a marathi that grew up in Karnataka before becoming a Tamil superstar ) :two_thumbs_up: (Yes Yes I know SPB was for Rajni and Yesudas for Mammooty ) nVxz2mghQzA

This is an awesome song from this movie. It features 'Shiva Tandava Stotram' which was sung by Ravana in praise of Lord Shiva as he was a devotee. In Telugu TUQxn7NDKZI In Hindi PnUCcsNFCL4 In Tamil 3k1lDqAbmNg
I know the whole Tandava stotra.

@ Rett: Any reason why you left out Jeevan, Kiran Kumar and Bharat Shah from all the big Bollywood Gujju personalities that you've listed? I didn't know that Farah Khan is gujju. That explains the sudden weight gain once she hit her 30s.
Not to forget asha parekh.

^^Malayalam is so much influenced by Sanskrit..sets it apart from Tamil..love the song from Mohanlel!
Indeed. Sanskrit is father of malayalam and tamil its mother. The influences are 50-50 imho.
Precambrian you have tempted me with a nice lalletan movie but no subtitles in the torrents for that movie. mallus will happily watch tamil movies, but people who know tamil cannot understand malayalam so well. :/
This movie is easily the sholay of malayalam, in terms of its run and cultural importance. The P-Secularists HATE this movie and the hindu connotations in it. It occasionally get screened in theatres even now - to HF audience! A few months back there was such a special screening in Dubai. The atmosphere was electric and festive!!

This movie is easily the sholay of malayalam, in terms of its run and cultural importance. The P-Secularists HATE this movie and the hindu connotations in it. It occasionally get screened in theatres even now - to HF audience! A few months back there was such a special screening in Dubai. The atmosphere was electric and festive!!
which movie?

Lol. .... Jeevan is one of my favs. Always enjoyed his performances. Did not know that he was a Gujju As for Gujju film personalities, i had not even thought of them as a seperate group earlier. It was only when "Mr. Bahubali is the greatest Indian movie" turned this into Gujju/whatever vs. Telugu that i made a quick list :P