10 Cities Which Have The Least Friendly People In India

Khalpat

From what I have experienced, Delhi is surely the worst place when it comes to friendly people. Among other cities where I have visited or lived, people of Western UP and Northern MP like Merrut, Gwalior have too much rudeness in their language. Most of the locals of Gurgaon and Greater Noida (not the migrated IT guys) are really very hard to get along with. They are way too aggressive and they love to take out their Pistol on small issues. People of eastern UP and Northern Bihar have comparatively better way of talking, their is really adab and tehzeeb. Once I was watching two people having fight in Patna and they were literally using sentences like, "Dekhiye hum aapka muh tod denge agar aap aise bolenge to" means the word aap was still being used even though the fight was physical. But their are lots of thugs. You will never know when your suitcase or purse is gone. My experience with the local people of Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Bhopal was good.

From what I have experienced, Delhi is surely the worst place when it comes to friendly people. Among other cities where I have visited or lived, people of Western UP and Northern MP like Merrut, Gwalior have too much rudeness in their language. Most of the locals of Gurgaon and Greater Noida (not the migrated IT guys) are really very hard to get along with. They are way too aggressive and they love to take out their Pistol on small issues. People of eastern UP and Northern Bihar have comparatively better way of talking, their is really adab and tehzeeb. Once I was watching two people having fight in Patna and they were literally using sentences like, "Dekhiye hum aapka muh tod denge agar aap aise bolenge to" means the word aap was still being used even though the fight was physical. But their are lots of thugs. You will never know when your suitcase or purse is gone. My experience with the local people of Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Bhopal was good.
Yaar eastern up aur Bihar ke log bhi bekar Hi hote hain which is why these regions remain the poorest in India. Strong exploit the weak, rich will exploit the poor, men will exploit women etc. If eastern up or Bihar were any better, they would have been more developed or have been better in social parameters. I have known a couple of chewtiya ( behavior wise and intentwise) Biharis too

No surprise Chennai tops the list. I have never seen more rude people than this place. I have had a pathetic experience there and am never ever going to visit it again. I even turned down a very well paid job there. Here in Bangalore, people are really good. I agree the stuffs about auto drivers. They ask exaggerated fares but are not rude like the Chennai ones.

My roommate spent 2 yrs in Chennai. Says knowing Hindi is a crime. People r racist towards Hindi speakers in the sense that they sell an item for 200/- to a hindi speaker that they sell for 150/- to a tamil speaking guy standing beside.:giggle:
Oh really? That explains why there is a place within chennai extensively populated by Marwaris and others known as Sowcarpet? Like any place, if a you are a tourist, and unprepared, you will get ripped off. Same holds good for any tourist anywhere in India. Are they all racism?

Yaar eastern up aur Bihar ke log bhi bekar Hi hote hain which is why these regions remain the poorest in India. Strong exploit the weak, rich will exploit the poor, men will exploit women etc. If eastern up or Bihar were any better, they would have been more developed or have been better in social parameters. I have known a couple of chewtiya ( behavior wise and intentwise) Biharis too
Where did I say that people of Eastern UP and Bihar are good? The language or infact not the language the boli of that place is better than most part of India. You will find it easier to communicate with them but having said that behind the meethi boli who is going to thug you, you never know. So you will have to be extra careful.

Oh really? That explains why there is a place within chennai extensively populated by Marwaris and others known as Sowcarpet? Like any place, if a you are a tourist, and unprepared, you will get ripped off. Same holds good for any tourist anywhere in India. Are they all racism?
That was what my roommate said not me. Haven't had the chance to visit Chennai yet.

Where did I say that people of Eastern UP and Bihar are good? The language or infact not the language the boli of that place is better than most part of India. You will find it easier to communicate with them but having said that behind the meethi boli who is going to thug you' date=' you never know. So you will have to be extra careful.[/quote'] Agree. Though I also think that class structure has an imprint on their minds as well. For ex. If you were weaker, poorer or less successful than them, then the behavior will be different and boli will sound slightly less likeable.

I can understand why a lot of South Indians in particular find Delhi rude, but that's because they don't get our culture. Also, I bet most of you are hesitant to break the ice with strangers and keep it to yourself. But to be honest, people in Delhi are quite chill and always ready for good fun IF you are willing to loosen up.

Delhi for sure. Worst experience there. Bhopal has been the best i have been too. As for Patna, I agree with

People of eastern UP and Northern Bihar have comparatively better way of talking, their is really adab and tehzeeb. Once I was watching two people having fight in Patna and they were literally using sentences like, "Dekhiye hum aapka muh tod denge agar aap aise bolenge to" means the word aap was still being used even though the fight was physical. But their are lots of thugs. You will never know when your suitcase or purse is gone.
Agree. Though I also think that class structure has an imprint on their minds as well. For ex. If you were weaker' date=' poorer or less successful than them, then the behavior will be different and boli will sound slightly less likeable.[/quote']

I can understand why a lot of South Indians in particular find Delhi rude, but that's because they don't get our culture. Also, I bet most of you are hesitant to break the ice with strangers and keep it to yourself. But to be honest, people in Delhi are quite chill and always ready for good fun IF you are willing to loosen up.
I visited Delhi about 8-9 yrs back, and yes, I had a great time there. I was on a two week job - it was winter and quite chill. It was first time I was travelling outside the big 4 South states so such chilly winter was a superb experience for me. Further in the evenings I used to go out and have food at the dhaabas. Again, first time into northie cusine and dhaabas, but I was absolutely floored by the baingan ka bartha. I also befriend a sardarji who was extremely funny, aand who was my driver. Also I took a one day package tour to go around Delhi and see. Befriended a fellow Dehiite who was very nice, toook pains to explain to me signficance of each place we visited and all that. There was nothing I found in Delhi that remotedly was rude.

Chennai, obviously.. Land of the uncivilised thugs. These barbarians once stoned a bus full of SL pilgrims simply because they were Lankans. Wish we had some other state than T.nadu as our neighbors.
Compared to Lankans who wiped out generations of Tamil people, who were not even associated with LTTE, but had to live in ghettos close to them, this is not a big crime.

Once had the worst experience in Delhi customs. They insisted I speak in Hindi and were rude and laughing with each other when I attempted to speak in South Indian Hindi. I guess police are like that everywhere. But public, I agree, Delhi is one of the coolest people - esp Punjabis. Not much to say about UP/Haryanvi jhats.

Chennai, obviously.. Land of the uncivilised thugs. These barbarians once stoned a bus full of SL pilgrims simply because they were Lankans. Wish we had some other state than T.nadu as our neighbors.
Pretty rich coming from a Lankan after what your country did to minorities in the past few decades.

Bangalore must be the friendliest city LOL at it's no 3 spot. Also don't get the hate for Chennai here, the auto drivers are horrible but if you speak in harsh tones, especially if you are a North Indian they get easily intimidated. Also I thought that the suburban system and bus services were brilliant, so never had to use auto service during my stay there. Delhi again has the most chilled out population. Cities which I found rude: Bhopal, Kanpur, Old Hyderabad.