"Latest" Spy / Detective Films Threads

zen

Su0gJWOd00M Phantom It is about a few RAW agents deciding to take on Lashkar w/o the approval of govt. (politicians). Saif Ali is tasked with killing those responsible for the 26/11 attack and infiltrating Lashkar to kill Saeed The film is a mixed bag, i.e. good parts mixed with avg to bad parts. Earlier it tries to present the story in the Bourne fashion but later on loses steam esp. in the sequences in Pak To show the difficulty of the mission, the film has to show how strong and sophisticated Pak's forces are. However, this can be hard to swallow at times when you know how many bomb attacks take place in Pak and people also move around with AK-47s. And you can easily cross the border :P The film tries to be "Baby" like too, however it does not come close. As for the positives - there are no regular song and dance sequences. Songs are kept keeping the situation in mind If the film-makers had tried hard, they could have made the film more interesting. Overall, it is a time-pass film which can be enjoyed by keeping expectations low or if you like the idea of Ind entering other countries to punish the terrorists. If you want to see an awesome film, avoid it
Hmm... seeing the title reminded of that superhero from the comics of the past; there was even an ordinary movie (with some bits of fun) made.

I heard great reviews of the Gujarati film 'Vishwasghaat' starring the hearthrob of Dhollywood ( Gujarat ) - Hitu Kanodia. He plays a bad ass detective cop. Suitcases of money, kicking backsides of baddies , punch dialogues in the Bond mould , seductive women, murder on beach ( or was it suicide? ), melodious and raunchy songs, boat chases - This has it all :two_thumbs_up: Promo is mind blowing JoDnFUz7q2A Hope I get my hands on hindi dubbed or subtitle version of this awesome movie :pray:

"Latest" Spy / Detective Films Threads

I heard great reviews of the Gujarati film 'Vishwasghaat' starring the hearthrob of Dhollywood ( Gujarat ) - Hitu Kanodia. He plays a bad ass detective cop. Suitcases of money, kicking backsides of baddies , punch dialogues in the Bond mould , seductive women, murder on beach ( or was it suicide? ), melodious and raunchy songs, boat chases - This has it all :two_thumbs_up: Promo is mind blowing JoDnFUz7q2A Hope I get my hands on hindi dubbed or subtitle version of this awesome movie :pray:
The hero has a gun in one hand and jalebi fafda, khakra and dandia in another.

The hero has a gun in one hand and jalebi fafda' date=' khakra and dandia in another.[/quote'] That might be to add local flavor :dontknow: Just like Vodka Martini of Bond movies. Pretty sure it is not common in India but we accept it in movies , isn't it ? And the greatest Hunk of Dhollywood starring in it just adds to the Aura :two_thumbs_up: That punch dialogue in Promo :yay: - I can understand it with my hindi knowledge what it means :dance:

On Netflix, there is also another series called Pablo Escobar. However it is in Spanish with Eng subtitles (just started watching it) .... Did not think much about Escobar before but after watching Narcos, guys Dawood appear like kids in front of him

Watched SPECTRE twice over the weekend .... At first, it did not feel like a typical 007 film so did not know what to make of it. After the 2nd watch, liked it a lot more to put it at the top of 007 films released from 90s onward  

The films has a few flaws, but it is intelligently made and enjoyable (esp. for 007 film enthusiasts) 

Edited by rett

Watched Mr.Holmes. Holmes is played brilliantly by Ian McKellen. This movie is a different take on Holmes. Here Holmes is retired and dealing with dementia and tries to remember his last case. Movie is a bit slow but the acting is really good and enjoyable.

Watched Mr.Holmes. Holmes is played brilliantly by Ian McKellen. This movie is a different take on Holmes. Here Holmes is retired and dealing with dementia and tries to remember his last case. Movie is a bit slow but the acting is really good and enjoyable.

It was a boring movie. I watched only half of the movie and the group was getting so had put on different movie.