Muslim population grows marginally faster, Census 2011 data show

Tiger80

Lol.. look at at the panic being manufactured at these numbers. Did anybody notice that most of the north indians grew at the significantly faster rate then South Indians? Should not south indians feel threatened? Number for some of the key states (growth rate 2001-11) North India Bihar - 25.1 % UP - 20.1 MP - 20.3 Rajasthan- 21.4 % South India Tamilnadu - 15.6% Andhra - 11.1 Kerala - 4.9 % Karnataka - 15.7% In few years, northern states would claim more representations in Parliment having more people with them and then that would further increase their dominance in Indian politics. See, there are many other parameters other than religion on which difference would be as stark. Underlying reason would always be relative levels of education, prosperity and other indicators of human development, not some ulterior designs for taking over the country as taught by some right wingies. It is good sign that population growth rate is coming down across all groups and this decreasing trend in growth should be sustained for few more decades.
Interesting to see these stats.

Add to that many of these ppl are fan of phoneys like "Dr" zakir naik. A doctor (supposedly) who is against family planning. This religion is a deadly one . I expect another partition in few years or some kind of civil wars.

Add to that many of these ppl are fan of phoneys like "Dr" zakir naik. A doctor (supposedly) who is against family planning. This religion is a deadly one . I expect another partition in few years or some kind of civil wars.
There won't be another partition. It doesn't lie in the best interests of Indian Muslims. Civil disturbances, at the most. All this Ummah-bummah talk is just non-sense. You can look at the recent example of Yemen and witness the brotherly love. Why would Indian Muslims carve out another nation when they can remain as a minority in India and get pampered with all sorts of privileges? Forget Muslims, our secular politicians won't allow it to happen.

There won't be another partition. It doesn't lie in the best interests of Indian Muslims. Civil disturbances, at the most. All this Ummah-bummah talk is just non-sense. You can look at the recent example of Yemen and witness the brotherly love. Why would Indian Muslims carve out another nation when they can remain as a minority in India and get pampered with all sorts of privileges? Forget Muslims, our secular politicians won't allow it to happen.
+1

Bengal beats India in Muslim growth rate

kQqWZe1.jpg

- In three districts of Bengal, Murshidabad, Malda and North Dinajpur, the Muslim population has surpassed the Hindu population, the Census 2011 data on Population by Religious Communities released on Tuesday, reveals. - Moreover, if in India the Hindu population has dipped by 0.7 per cent, in Bengal it is much higher at 1.94 per cent. - Correspondingly, if the Muslim population has increased by 0.8 per cent, in Bengal the growth has a higher rate - 1.77 per cent. - In Bengal's 9.12 crore population, Hindus still comprise 6.4 crore people or 70.53 per cent of the population. Muslims comprise 2.4 crore population or 27.01 per cent. Compared to the 2001 Census data, this is slightly higher. For a decade earlier, the Hindu population in Bengal was 5.8 crore and Muslim population was 2 crore. Bengal's population then, too was far lesser, at 8.01 crore. -Three districts which the Muslims have overshot the Hindus at Murshidabad (47 lakh Muslims; 23 lakh Hindus), Malda (20 lakh Muslims; 19 lakh Hindus) and North Dinajpur (15 lakh Muslims; 14 lakh Hindus). - For Adhir Chowdhury, Berhampore's Congress MLA and state Congress president, it doesn't pack a punch here. "If Anatanag district is highest in number of Muslims by percentage; Murshidabad is the highest by headcount. Infact, history says in Murshidabad the national tricolor was unfurled two days after August 15, 1947, for they had all but taken it that they would cede to East Pakistan. So I am not much surprised by the outcome," he says. - Trinamool Congress MP Sultan Ahmed reasons, "I would like to interpret this due to the proximity of these districts to the Muslim-dominated districts of Kishangunj, Purnia and Katihar in Bihar. The BJP may cry itself hoarse raising the Bangladeshi immigrant bogey but had it been true, this would have been the picture in Nadia and North 24-Parganas, too." In North 24-Parganas, the country's most populous district with 10,009,781 people, Hindus account for over 73-lakhs and Muslims over 25-lakhs. In Nadia, Hindus account for 37 lakhs while Muslims 13 lakhs. "The incremental increase, which is in sync with the growth of population in Bengal buries the illegal migration theory, once for all," Ahmed asserted. - The debate, however, doesn't end there. BJP national secretary Siddharth Nath Singh said, "If that be so, why is the Muslim population in Bengal growing at a much higher pace than the national average? Correspondingly, why is the Hindu population declining? Like I have said before, the appeasement by the CPM and the Trinamool regime had led to unchecked illegal infiltration to Bengal by Bangladeshis. Their vote-bank politics has now absorbed them in Bengal, which is reflecting in the skewed ratios. This vindicates our claims." http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Bengal-beats-India-in-Muslim-growth-rate/articleshow/48675987.cms Any Bengalis on ICF willing to shed some light? In Assam, Kerala and WB Muslim population growth has been maximum. Dunno about Kerala but in the other 2 states surely illegal immigration must be the reason, no? 2-4% growth out of total share is massive, that too in just one decade. CPM had the policy of welcoming illegal immigrants and giving them voter ID/ration card for electoral gains. Is TMC going down the same path? Time the Centre wakes up !!

There is already a thread on this report and you have already posted in that thread. You may have to cut down on your obsession of creation of new threads on Muslims' date=' driven by your agenda.[/quote'] This was in today's Bangalore edition of TOI analyzing the district wise change in demographics in WB. If you don't want to be a part of it GTFO. You already have a habit of spreading your agenda in AAP thread (where you conveniently choose to hide away when confronted by tough questions). If mods have a problem with this thread they can do what they want. I haven't used any bad language or generalized a set of our population, so I don't think you need to lecture me as to what or what not to do. Honest questions, those from Bengal or knowledgeable about it can post, you don't seem to fall in either category. So again I repeat, get lost.

Bengali's simply don't care. In 1950s when Pakistan was kicking bengali hindu's left and right , there was hardly any retaliation in Bengal, result bengali hindu refugee hardly received any compensation because hardly any muslim left his property

Nothing will change as long as we continue to have SICKularists at the Center.

Seal porous Bangla border: Supreme Court to govt

Jul 15 2015 NEW DELHI: The Supreme Court today directed the Centre and Assam government to take effective steps on the ground to prevent influx of illegal migrants from Bangladesh observing that making policies is not sufficient to check the menace. The court in its judgment passed in December last year had said Assam's culture was being eroded and peace and harmony of the area disturbed as it got swamped by persons "who have no right to continue to live in this country resulting in periodic clashes between citizens and migrants". "Not only is there an assault on the life of the citizenry of the state of Assam but there is an assault on their way of life as well. The culture of an entire people is being eroded in such a way that they will ultimately be swamped by persons who have no right to continue to live in this country," it had said. "Court directs Centre and Assam government to take all corrective steps. They should take steps for improvement of border roads, electrification of flood lights on border areas. This is the least what they owe to the nation," the bench said.

But the Central Govt does not give a damn.

This is why BJP needs to come to Bengal and try to get a foothold.
BJP will never ever win in Bengal. I know bro, having stayed there for a major part of my childhood I know how Bengalis think. TMC/CPM are the only 2 parties with any relevance there, Congress too is dying fast.