Rohit Sharma Appreciation Squad

I am annoyed about some of the rubbish being spouted about our future ATG recently Stuff like being mumbai IPL captain matured him. Has learnt to not throw it away, has stopped being incosistent, was inconsistent blah blah All hogwash! The facts are this guy was and always was made for the longer formats i.e tests. It was clear. All these not consisitent rubbish was not reflected in his outsatanding FC caareer which had loads of big scores in longer formats. It seems many do not understand difference between limited overs games and tests. Can you imagine if Laxman or Dravid started of in odis, same rubbish would have been levelled at them, with many not getting different formats and suitabiltiy for these. The problem was he was always playing in his least good formats, first T20s and the odis. The facts are thats his better perfomances in odis simply came about as started to open, which suits him more and not in middle order. In the middle order in odis, he was not throwing his wicket away, it was more a case of him not being able to rotate the strike and then having to play big shots to keep the tempo up, as in odis cant grind it for an hour, as then run rate falls and game lost. But cos shifted to opening, can block it out now(particularly as dhawan plays at such a pace it allows rohit to play at any pace he wants) and take advantages of power plays. I feel certain that if put in middle order again, would have same issues, start then having to play big shots and get out. Then be accused of throwing wicket away, inconsitent blah blah In tests there is no such issue as above, as can not score or rotate the strike for a while and still no pressure for run rate and rohit to have to play big shot which may get him out. He always was a natural for tests and should have played 2 or 3 years ago, particularly as he is imo best back foot player and best player of pace in the team. Dumb selectors screwed up and should have blooded him in test team yonks ago.
rotation of strike is not important in Tests?c'mon His bigger problem is against swing.improved from before but I'm still not sure.Once he plays away we'll know.But surely now deserves a rop of atleast 10 tests future ATG coz he bashed WI?:cantstop:
Excellent knock. I think people are too harsh when they say SA series is what only matters. Come on even legends have failed there. So lets not judge him over what happens in SA.
Yup.we need to back all the youngsters we got for a while.I'll reasses after NZ tour
rotation of strike is not important in Tests?c'mon His bigger problem is against swing.improved from before but I'm still not sure.Once he plays away we'll know.But surely now deserves a rop of atleast 10 tests future ATG coz he bashed WI?:cantstop:
Called him future ATG from first post of thread in 2009. Roation is not as important like odis, were if in middle order go through 30 balls for 10 runs you can screw team, while in tests much less of an issue, as in no need to panic and play big short. If rohit played middle order in odis now, I think same probs would occur i.e get bogged down, have to play big shot , get out and be labelled as throwing it away and not consistent blah blah When in fact this has no correlation to what he can do in tests But agree all need to be given long rop including rohit. We cant judge too harshly from upcoming SA tour as that is ultimate test against awesome pace attack with one of best fast bowlers ever, plus am sure as always they will produce very favourable seaming tracks. However, we will get an idea. I would like to think SA tour will be good if we are competitive and not walked over and be used as part of education for new gen. After that for tours in NZ and Eng would expocet them to utilise this experience and really take it to oppo and WIN and DELIVER! End of NZ tour is when we really find out about this new gen.
Called him future ATG from first post of thread in 2009. Roation is not as important like odis, were if in middle order go through 30 balls for 10 runs you can screw team, while in tests much less of an issue, as in no need to panic and play big short. If rohit played middle order in odis now, I think same probs would occur i.e get bogged down, have to play big shot , get out and be labelled as throwing it away and not consistent blah blah When in fact this has no correlation to what he can do in tests But agree all need to be given long rop including rohit. We cant judge too harshly from upcoming SA tour as that is ultimate test against awesome pace attack with one of best fast bowlers ever, plus am sure as always they will produce very favourable seaming tracks. However, we will get an idea. I would like to think SA tour will be good if we are competitive and not walked over and be used as part of education for new gen. After that for tours in NZ and Eng would expocet them to utilise this experience and really take it to oppo and WIN and DELIVER! End of NZ tour is when we really find out about this new gen.
Rotation of strike is important in Tests too.ofcourse there is no run rate pressure but you don't wanna get stuck at one end as then good bowlers can set you up.Also if there is left-right combo its even more important as bowlers need to adjust. block and slog approach is not likely to work against big teams agree with rest
Rotation of strike is important in Tests too.ofcourse there is no run rate pressure but you don't wanna get stuck at one end as then good bowlers can set you up.Also if there is left-right combo its even more important as bowlers need to adjust. block and slog approach is not likely to work against big teams agree with rest
Look he is ok at rotating strike, so were dravid and laxman. But they were not so good at it in odis were you need to do it at higher tempo, thats all am saying. Not saying he cant and not saying its not necessary in tests, just in tests its different , just when need 6 an over in odis with 30 overs to go its very different situation from having to bat whole day
Come on man. be sensible with your thread creation. Every brain fart of individuals should not be created as a thread. There are so many threads for Rohit sharma . Take time before creating threads. http://www.indiancricketfans.com/search.php?searchid=1053197 you couldn't find even a single thread to attach your post? For now i am merging.
its not just 1 failure, its all the 100 failures he has done before this year. Dont be surprised if he fails in SA and NZ
its not just 1 failure, its all the 100 failures he has done before this year. Dont be surprised if he fails in SA and NZ
That is not my point. You can express your opinion in one of the relevant threads. Rohit sharma has far too many threads. Don't need new one unless it is about some new achievement he makes in future.
That is not my point. You can express your opinion in one of the relevant threads. Rohit sharma has far too many threads. Don't need new one unless it is about some new achievement he makes in future.
The guy is our neighbor by that I mean he is from canada :--D

The thing about Rohit was that he used to play shots even before getting set while batting in the middle order. Making him to open the batting was the best thing that happened to him, as he has learnt to build an innings, which has helped him in all forms of cricket. Its true that he has hit a purple patch now, so may not perform as well consistently but he has definitely improved from what he was before starting to open.