Netflix

zen

4 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

I loved it. No time pass crap stretching the plot and extending it for no reason. Only 8 episodes but it was great.

Amazon has some good shows in Jack Ryan, Man in High Castle, Goliath and the grand tour (car show) 

Some of these action oriented shows are fast paced. The suspense is out before the last episode, which focuses on action 

Regular good movies are disappearing fast on Netflix. At one point had LA Confidential, Basic Instinct, Fast and Furious, MI, X-Men, etc .... even Poirot is gone .... I was planning to revisit them but are gone now 

Now we get more Netflix originals, most of which are in the time pass to time waste categories :hitler:

At times, I feel like canceling Netflix but then something pops up to keep it interesting. Mainly keeping it for the European crime/suspense/thriller/dark shows 

On 10/2/2018 at 10:33 AM, zen said:

Amazon has some good shows in Jack Ryan, Man in High Castle, Goliath and the grand tour (car show) 

Some of these action oriented shows are fast paced. The suspense is out before the last episode, which focuses on action 

I'm watching sneaky Pete right now. Into first two episodes. If it's not good, I'll move to something else. How is man in the high Castle?

18 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

I'm watching sneaky Pete right now. Into first two episodes. If it's not good, I'll move to something else. How is man in the high Castle?

Shows such as Man in High Castle are a must watch for me, and a reason to continue with prime video .... Below is a list of my favorite shows so far on prime:

• The Grand Tour (Cars!) 
  • The Man in High Castle (2 Seasons)
  • Goliath (Lawyer taking on a big law firm. Has a great performance by Billy Bob Thornton) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4687880/ .... only watched season 1 so far
  • Bosch (4 Seasons) 
  • Comrade Detective 

Other good to time pass ones:

• Jean Claude Van Johnson :lol:  (great time pass show for a few laughs and action)
  • Jack Ryan
  • You are wanted (a fast paced thriller based in Germany iirc) 

Not watched yet but could be good to timepass:

• Mozart in the jungle 
  • Crisis in six scenes (Woody Allen)
  • The Lore 
Edited by zen

Grand Tour is Top Gear wannabe. Shite.

1 minute ago, cric_fan said:

Grand Tour is Top Gear wannabe. Shite.

It is a bit specialized as you have to like those guys and cars to love it .... The budget per episode is high. Some of the episodes are just brilliant esp if you are in to cars .... and they do some stunts as well at times :lol:

6 minutes ago, cric_fan said:

Hold The Dark

Was a decent movie..the plot is a bit messy but still worth a watch.

I like this genre therefore saw this movie. It has some good moments (like landing the plane on ice) but overall it is not worth the time  .... which is why I feel that many of the Netflix originals are in the time pass to time waste categories 

Many reviews on imdb are bashing the film .... Netflix will need to up its game 

Series / docu series that I like on Netflix. In no particular order and currently on Netflix:

• Frankenstein Chronicles 
  • Sherlock
  • Hannibal
  • Marcella 
  • Crossing Lines (time pass) 
  • Narcos
  • The Frozen Dead (European)
  • The Forest (European)
  • Marco Polo
  • The Method (European)
  • Trapped (European)
  • The Break (European)
  • Lava Field (European)
  • La Mante (European)
  • The Chalet (European)
  • Pablo Escobar El Patron Del Mal 
  • Witnesses (European)
  • Grand Hotel (European)
  • Mar de Plastico (European)
  • American Odyssey 
  • Extraordinary Tales 
  • Lethal Weapon (time pass) 
  • Morocco, Love in the Times of War (European)
  • Kurt Seyit and Sura (Turkish)
  • Ezel (Turkish)
  • Magnificent Century (Turkish)
  • Deadwind (European)
  • Fallet *European)
  • A very secret service (time pass) (European)
  • The Investigator, A british crime story 
  • Marseille (time pass) (European)
  • Paranoid (time pass)
  • Evil Genius 
  • Sniffer (time pass) (European)