World cup almost over for India

Stuge

That should be the plan. Let's have a flattish pitch with a hint of spin against B'desh. And against Aussies let's have a pitch similar to the Kolkatta one.

And NZ is Pak's bunny in ICC tournaments. Will be interesting that game. 

This is a very good NZ team. NZ were Pakistan's bunny in everything throughout the 90s. But they have been constantly losing to NZ over the past 2 years.

In ICC tournaments, Pak have NZ as their bunny. Overall yes, it may be a different story.

As mentioned on one of the threads:

From what we saw so far,  it is likely that every venues where Ind plays at may offer some degree of turn 

B'lore is assisting good spin bowling to some extent .... Mohali could do the same 

As mentioned on one of the threads:

B'lore is assisting good spin bowling to some extent .... Mohali could do the same 

Mohali better do the same and in fact should offer lots and lots of turn. I don't want to go against the lineup of Finch, Smith, Warner, Watson, Maxwell, Marsh and Faulkner on a flattish pitch. Let's have another Kolkatta or Nagpur like pitch and get a win. On a flattish pitch even one of their batsmen can take the game away from us.

It seems I have touched a nerve by suggesting that India might lose another game.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Anything's possible. It's a game and T20 to boot. All you need is one player to play a blinder and it's match over. IMO lot will depend on the pitch we have against Aussies. If we get a turner like we did against NZ and Pak, I would be very surprised to see Aus beat India. However, if it's a flattish wkt, Aus beating India wouldn't be considered an upset by any stretch of imagination.

Anything's possible. It's a game and T20 to boot. All you need is one player to play a blinder and it's match over. IMO lot will depend on the pitch we have against Aussies. If we get a turner like we did against NZ and Pak, I would be very surprised to see Aus beat India. However, if it's a flattish wkt, Aus beating India wouldn't be considered an upset by any stretch of imagination.

Exactly. Anything is possible in this format especially. I wouldn't be surprised if BD surprise Aus on a turner.

Sure, anything's possible, especially in T20.  But realistically, chances of your scenario, which require Pak to beat NZ and Aus, are pretty slim judging by the skill, ability and form of the 3 teams in question.  

Not doubting that India could lose to Oz - its pretty much a straight quarterfinal that game, because as far as Pak's games are concerned the most likely outcomes are in order of probability - 0-2, 1-1, daylight and then 2-0.   

Sure, anything's possible, especially in T20.  But realistically, chances of your scenario, which require Pak to beat NZ and Aus, are pretty slim judging by the skill, ability and form of the 3 teams in question.  

Not doubting that India could lose to Oz - its pretty much a straight quarterfinal that game, because as far as Pak's games are concerned the most likely outcomes are in order of probability - 0-2, 1-1, daylight and then 2-0.   

You need to read my post again. That scenario requires Pakistan to win only one more game. One team cleaning everyone out means one of the others can sneak through with just two wins.

You need to read my post again. That scenario requires Pakistan to win only one more game. One team cleaning everyone out means one of the others can sneak through with just two wins.

Ah, missed that.  Fair point.  Another possibility is that if NZ drops one game and then there could be 3 teams with 6 points.  

At the end of it, it would suck if a team made it due to net Runrate - I'd rather have teams make it to Semis by winning games, even if India loses out.  Deserving teams should move to the semis - by winning games.  

There is no need to ridicule and we can discuss it in a mature way. I have been watching cricket for 30 years and seen even funnier outcomes than this.

The only thing funny here is your prediction