World cup almost over for India

Stuge

Why only turning pitches only for India's Matches?

The same ground where Pak smacked 200 against Bangla became a square Turner 3 days later ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

because it rained, genius.  The pitch was damp because of that, and that made the ball grip.  You need to understand how that works before you start screaming "conspiracy".  

OK let's see that how is the pitch for Match vs Aus in Mohali

The wkt there on Tuesday for Pak vs Nz was absolute Phatta , our Hacks bashed 160 on it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Even that wicket was not the normal Mohali wicket.  It was slower than normal.  And as is being discussed on the other thread, these slow grippy pitches work against India's chances, they don't help us...

This win vs BD would have sharpened Ind .... From now on, unless a team totally out plays Ind in all departments like NZ did or someone plays a great knock (Gayle vs Eng) or bowling performance, it could be hard to beat India 

Having said that, there are a few weak links that would need to be addressed to dominate the tournament

This win vs BD would have sharpened Ind .... From now on, unless a team totally out plays Ind in all departments like NZ did or someone plays a great knock (Gayle vs Eng) or bowling performance, it could be hard to beat India 

Having said that, there are a few weak links that would need to be addressed to dominate the tournament

Your batting has been a big let down so far. There is no hitting power to speak off at the top or lower down. Dhawan seems to be playing for his place. Rohit of ODIs hasn't turned up. Raina and Yuvi seem to lack hunger. Surely you will better players in IPL.

Your bowling ashwin apart is average at best. You might go on to win the whole thing but I see lot of holes in this line up.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I'm scared about the Yuvi spot. I wish we had Pandey who could bat at 4 followed by Raina at 5, Dhoni at 6 and Pandya at 7. Yuvi has effectively made us a 10 man team and he's not even a good fielder anymore.

I'm scared about the Yuvi spot. I wish we had Pandey who could bat at 4 followed by Raina at 5, Dhoni at 6 and Pandya at 7. Yuvi has effectively made us a 10 man team and he's not even a good fielder anymore.

Commentators made us believe that he stopped a certain four today. Honestly that made me cringe because it was straight at him.

Your batting has been a big let down so far. There is no hitting power to speak off at the top or lower down. Dhawan seems to be playing for his place. Rohit of ODIs hasn't turned up. Raina and Yuvi seem to lack hunger. Surely you will better players in IPL.

Your bowling ashwin apart is average at best. You might go on to win the whole thing but I see lot of holes in this line up.

I agree .... Normally, Ind would have been knocked out today but it somehow "magically" survived (rose like a phoenix) and it is this experience that would sharpen the team which is why I am now rating their chances high 

If the tracks turn and if Ind plays 3 regular spinners (vs 2 currently), it does not need to worry too much about batting as depending upon conditions and opposition 140 to 160 is defendable / chaseable ..... which is why I said that unless teams totally outplay Ind in all departments or one or two of the opposition players have a great day, it will be difficult to beat Ind from now on 

Edited by rett

If the tracks turn (which they will for Ind games), my ideal line up would be this: 

• Pandya (to get things going in the PP) or Dhawan (depending up on the opposition and situation such as RRR)
  • Rohit
  • Kohli
  • Dhawan (or Pandya if he is not  opening to get things going in the middle overs)
  • Dhoni
  • One from Raina and Yuvi (we don't need to play both. Play one who is more likely to be useful)
  • Bhajji (can hit a bit too or Negi if required)
  • Jadeja
  • Ashwin
  • Bumrah
  • Nehra 

If a team has five good bowlers bowling on helpful tracks, a team can defend / chase in the 140-160 range so the pressure to get big score is less too, which means that the batsmen play responsibly and usually get more! 

Edited by rett

If the tracks turn (which they will for Ind games), my ideal line up would be this: 

• Pandya (to get things going in the PP) or Dhawan (depending up on the opposition and situation such as RRR)
  • Rohit
  • Kohli
  • Dhawan (or Pandya if he is not  opening to get things going in the middle overs)
  • Dhoni
  • One from Raina and Yuvi (we don't need to play both. Play one who is more likely to be useful)
  • Bhajji (can hit a bit too or Negi if required)
  • Jadeja
  • Ashwin
  • Bumrah
  • Nehra 

If a team has five good bowlers bowling on helpful tracks, a team can defend / chase in the 140-160 range so the pressure to get big score is less too, which means that the batsmen play responsibly and usually get more! 

Pandya is not an opener and we may waste his wkt at the top of the order. Let him come down the order and clobber a few the way he did today. Biggest issue is whom to play at 4. Raina is not a no. 4 and should come in at 5 or 6. Yuvraj is a liability and doesn't deserve a spot in the team. The only other batsman in the squad is Rahane who's again not a good T20 batsman. If we get another turner, which I hope we get, I say play Negi. However what I would do is send Negi or Jadeja at 4 as floater/pinch hitter so we don't mess up the whole batting order. My team on a turner at Mohali

Dhawan
Rohit
Kohli
Jadeja
Raina
Dhoni
Pandya
Negi (as Aussies have more right handers so won't go with another offie in Harbhajan)
Ashwin
Bumrah
Nehra

The batting is on the lighter side but I blame selectors for selecting an over the hill Yuvraj and a liability in T20s in Rahane. If we had Pandey or Jadhav they would've made a perfect no. 4 batsmen. Plaus they are much better fielders than Yuvraj.

Dhawan
Rohit
Kohli
Jadeja
Raina
Dhoni
Pandya
Negi (as Aussies have more right handers so won't go with another offie in Harbhajan)
Ashwin
Bumrah
Nehra

The batting is on the lighter side but I blame selectors for selecting an over the hill Yuvraj and a liability in T20s in Rahane. If we had Pandey or Jadhav they would've made a perfect no. 4 batsmen. Plaus they are much better fielders than Yuvraj.

As long as we play 5 bowlers on the kind of tracks that we have been playing on, we should be ok .... a relatively lighter batting line up does not matter as many of the guys are not in great form so wouldn't be consistent. The runs would have to come from the 2-3 guys in form anyways with others supporting them, and we can afford to lose all 10 wkts if required, i.e. be 151 all out vs 150 for 6

Edited by rett

Just don't put your hopes up guys

After today Just don't:facepalm:

Don't worry... I'll be wearing my lucky underwear again when India plays Aus :two_thumbs_up:

On a serious note, today was one of the worst game we had for quite some time. None of our batsmen kicked on, fielding was below par, there were dropped catches (nay dollies) and we even gave away overthrows. And still we won. The good teams are those who never give up, believe at all times and manage to win even on a bad day. India just did that.

IMO this win could prove more beneficial than a one sided win as this win will generate plenty of self belief and confidence in the team. Sometimes these close games and the experience of getting through a close game spurs a team to greater things. This could be that game for India :isalute:

Edited by Ultimate_Game

Dhoni doesn't like to play too many spinners against sub continent teams irrespective of what the pitch looks like...

Remember, he didn't play Ashwin against Pak and SL in the semis and finals of the 2011 WC.. He chose to play Sreesanth against SL in the final when Nehra was injured...

But given that Asian teams are now out of the way, there might be a chance that he will go with three spinners some time.. But not sure who will sit out.. Yuvi? Unlikely

Yeah .... And Ind will have to beat Aus to qualify. It has no other viable options

• Pak can beat Aus and still qualify based on good NRR (If Aus beats Ind)
  • Aus can lose to Pak and still qualify by beating Ind based on NRR 
  • If Aus beats Pak, Ind vs Aus will be QF

bullshit, one other viable option

if the game between Pakistan and Austaralia is washed out or abandoned and India and Australia is washed out or abandoned India will qualify for semis.

Edited by SRT100