Analyzing Rohit's batting Technique and Drop in fitness levels , why he is a failure in test cricket [Update: Post 39]

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Aakash didnt have skill , technique yes and tempermanet  also seemed ok with him

Sanjay lacked the right mindset more than anything. Too much thinking doesnt help as compare to someone like sehwag who had the most clear mindset. 

As far as rohit goes skill he has , temperament not and certainely that poor technique doesnt help even when ur set on 72 0r 79. Rohit mindset is also looks really confused. 

So for me atleast 2 are must and yes Temperament is most important . 

Most batsmen who graduate to international cricket after their success in domestic cricket do have some sort of technique that made them successful in domestic cricket but what differentiate between a successful graduation to international and failure is the temperament. Hashim Amla was declared a failure after his 15-20 tests and was dropped saying his technique was not good enough, had a very high back lift, hard hands on the ball, no footwork, etc., but now he is enjoying success with that same technique. A technique that makes a particular batsman succeed is the best technique for him.

13 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

Rohit Sharma needs to introspect rather then say this is the way I play, yes that might work in ODI n T20 generally as tracks are for batting , but test cricket is a battle of wills you n the bowler n who will cave in.

Rohit has great hands, sees the ball early and lacks footwork a bit also need to put a price on his wkt, he needs to work on body positioning more then anything else and learn to bat according to the game requirements or he won't last long n is a shame as he will be a waste of talent in test

True he needs to work a lot now than talking.

I doubt he sees the ball early as many of his dismissal has been due to reading the wrong swing, line, length and even turn of the ball. I really doubt after noticing all this that he sees the ball till last sec

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Most batsmen who graduate to international cricket after their success in domestic cricket do have some sort of technique that made them successful in domestic cricket but what differentiate between a successful graduation to international and failure is the temperament. Hashim Amla was declared a failure after his 15-20 tests and was dropped saying his technique was not good enough, had a very high back lift, hard hands on the ball, no footwork, etc., but now he is enjoying success with that same technique. A technique that makes a particular batsman succeed is the best technique for him.

Fair enough thats the point ill rather give these many chances to a youngster to improve and yes everybody needs to improve when they come on international level. But m not in favour of giving chances to someone like rohit who has played for almost 9 yrs now . Im ok with giving chances to dhawan , pujara as one has done well in Nz n other in Sa n SL but rohit has been all through failure. 

Chances shud be given to a guys  like Karun nair n Kl rahul as investment for those 15-20 test matches. Now there is skill n technique in both n Rahul has shown Temp for int level as well. 

Rohit Sharma when set and in Auto Pilot mode is one of the most exhilarating sights in world cricket.

He is probably the best player of raw pace........Yes he needs to improve shot selection to compensate for some flaws but then again which batsman in world cricket right now has perfect technique......I can point out a lot of flaws even in the likes of Cook etc.

How text book are the best players in the world right now-Virat,Smith,Warner,ABDV,Amla?

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Fair enough thats the point ill rather give these many chances to a youngster to improve and yes everybody needs to improve when they come on international level. But m not in favour of giving chances to someone like rohit who has played for almost 9 yrs now . Im ok with giving chances to dhawan , pujara as one has done well in Nz n other in Sa n SL but rohit has been all through failure. 

Chances shud be given to a guys  like Karun nair n Kl rahul as investment for those 15-20 test matches. Now there is skill n technique in both n Rahul has shown Temp for int level as well. 

Rahul is a good talent absolutely no doubt....but what temperament are you talking about? He has 2 100's in 5 tests and still averages 25.00....Same with Rahane,It feels like he scores a 100 every other innings but still barely averages 40.

Guys like Rohit can be compared with Gayle etc.....he will shatter records...mark my words....hes there will be the odd inevitable failures....as I said,time is ticking but we have invested so much,it has worked for us before in ODI's when the ultimatum resulted in him becoming one of the best in LOI'S........Just few innings on a trot to reach a final verdict.

Also he hasn't been given a consistent run....Rohit is a confidence player,I mean have you seen anyone else go into EA Cricket mode once set like him apart from ABDV?

8 minutes ago, maniac said:

Rahul is a good talent absolutely no doubt....but what temperament are you talking about? He has 2 100's in 5 tests and still averages 25.00....Same with Rahane,It feels like he scores a 100 every other innings but still barely averages 40.

Guys like Rohit can be compared with Gayle etc.....he will shatter records...mark my words....hes there will be the odd inevitable failures....as I said,time is ticking but we have invested so much,it has worked for us before in ODI's when the ultimatum resulted in him becoming one of the best in LOI'S........Just few innings on a trot to reach a final verdict.

Also he hasn't been given a consistent run....Rohit is a confidence player,I mean have you seen anyone else go into EA Cricket mode once set like him apart from ABDV?

In case of Rahul yes he has been either 100 or 0 but thats were u have to see he scored 100 in SL n Aus . 1st 100 on 5th day to save a test match in his 2nd test is gud effort and then 2nd 100 in SL on a seaming pitch deserves credit and it was his 1st yr of Int cricket. Now with him we need to have patience n give more chances as he hasnt played 9 yrs of Int cricket like rohit. N he n rohit were batting together in Aus where Rohit threw hi wkt at 50 n same in 2nd test he threw his wkt at the end of the day. Atleast he showed he had better temperament than his senior. Yet rahul has been in n out. I can assure Rahul wnt have that bad a record as of rohit after 16 test and wud have more than 2 100s for sure. 

Rahane yes again someone who plays few gems n inconsistent in others. But rohit is neither doing that also . He has been disastor throughtout. Rahane gems have been game changers. and at the end of the day m ready to be calm with everyone if they provide me something. Rahane n rohit have played same amount of test but there ask me for a comparison when rohit has at least done what rahane has. Ill happily compare

N what in n out- Kohli was dropped after 1st disastrous tour , Rahane dropped for almost half a yr post one bad debut game. Vijay sat on bench n waited for long when gambhir n sehwag started to even struggle. So Lets not play the victim card for rohit he has never been dropped from squad like all of them so he has been luckier than them. Rahane played at 6 n rohit at 5 , Rahane made use of his opp rohit didnt so there is nothing fair n unfair

Its simple in Int cricket u have to perform when ever u get a chance, as i said take pujara xample sat on bench for 5 test got an opp that to opening on a damn tough pitch played one of the best innings. As i said now he wnt get regular chances and very rightly so he has screwed many now and it hurts team at the end so whenever he gets it he has to make most of it n few 50 wnt work now. 

Rohit is no gayle, sehwag as those guys performed in opp conditions. Sehwag made a 100 on debut in Sa n here rohit was asking bowlers to come to india. Sehwag, gayle have great mindsets something i called unadulterated. 

Ok Ill mark ur words that rohit - he will shatter records (ill b happy if it comes true i have been his early admirer and now an extremely disappointed fan of his)

Now ill put give my prediction - he wnt do well in test n post 30 if he doesnt put extra work into his fitness like i mean kohli types his reflexes will slow down. Nothing personal he has been tremendous in Odi in 2 yrs better than kohli in few but soon team will catch his weakness n as i have shown above there are plently. A great player is a great player coz he works on his weekness. He has the skill as i have said but skill alone cant help. 

9 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

:adore: Fantastic analysis dude. Can you repost the first 4 images that are missing if they are different from the ones you already posted?

that are missing? they are already there. 

u can inbox me ur email address illl mail u n add few more which i cudnt post due to limit

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
21 hours ago, maniac said:

@Ankit_sharma03 Excellent Analysis.....but why single out Rohit....how about Virat's technique of fishing outside off stump? He has been Playing in T20's and dust bowls so that does not give an idea that he fixed it.....Also how about Pujara who keeps getting bowled to the ball that comes in.

How can we write off a player that he is too lazy to work on his technique?

It is understood that Rohit along with Virat and Rahane are the 3 most skilled batsman in India right now....Megastars in the making-Virat is almost 90% there........so why give up on him,just that extra leeway for the feats he has accomplished in other formats compared to say another player who has shown no promise.....Have patience as I said if Yuvraj and Raina can play about 40 tests....why give up on a much more talented batsman so soon?

Dude if ever there was a blanket statement.

I want to know what aspect of his batting do you call 'Skill' and what aspect of it you call 'Talent'. I like the word ability, meaning to be able to play a fast inswinging yorker, or a fast Bouncer. Either hard work or natural athleticism gave the ability but ability either exists or does not exist, one should not care if it is skill driven or talent driven.  Ability cuts it right, what a man can and can not do. Rohit cant do jack shit in test arena, whilst Kohli can. When Rohit shows this ability he can come back to the team, as long as there are other who show the ability to play better than him and are selectable for the Indian team.

13 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Rohit's biggest problem is that he lacks the mindset to play test cricket. There has been many top test batsman with questionable technique but they had / have the mindset to succeed in tests.

One example is MSD, almost everybody says he does not have the technique to play swing bowling but he has a brilliant record in ENG. 

48 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

that are missing? they are already there. 

u can inbox me ur email address illl mail u n add few more which i cudnt post due to limit

I see 4 broken links for images in the opening post. Does anybody else see it too? 

You can upload it to imgur if ICF is not allowing you. 

Analysis of AB Deviller's last 7 Innings dismissals

1st Test

Mishra to de Villiers, OUT, timbaah! AB has been castled here.This one was quicker from Mishra and AB was slow to come forward - he hadn't covered the stumps either. The ball spins past the outside edge and hits the off stump. Excellent delivery. Looks like AB just misjudged the pace on that one a bit as Mishra usually bowls them slow

Mishra to de Villiers, OUT, Mishra has bowled de Villiers twice in this match, flighted, pitched up, de Villiers standing on the crease and opening the face, expecting turn, there is not much, it also keeps a bit low, and rushes through to uproot off stump

2nd Test

adeja to de Villiers, OUT, India are celebrating. Jaddu is hugging the heck out of Saha and the umpires are going for a second opinion. Soft signal is out. AB was down the track, but instead of padding it all way, he does try to play a shot here. The ball bounces a touch more, takes a lot of the pad and wanders towards the leg side in front of the wicket. Saha has watched it all, races forward, dives full length and has taken it one-handed. That much is clear. But did he get bat on it. The umpire is only checking if this is a clean catch, so he definitely did touch it, according to them. Down comes the reply. It is the affirmative and AB walks back, denied a hundred in his 100th Test. At least for now. Roar from Bangalore, clapping from his team-mates and his family and he leads the players off with a raise of his bat

3rd Test

Jadeja to de Villiers, OUT, it's all falling apart, shorter length delivery outside off, AB goes back and tries to work this into the leg side, but the ball stops in the pitch and turns a mile, AB in the form that he is in, gets close enough to the ball to get a leading edge, the ball spoons up in the air towards short mid-on. Jadeja runs around and takes it and India are ecstatic. The big fish has to go.

Ashwin to de Villiers, OUT, absolutely plumb. No doubt about the decision, was that the carrom ball? very well done from Ashwin, he has deceived a terrific batsman at the peak of his abilities. pitches on off, moves a hint away from AB who does not pick it and is struck right in front of middle and off. Easy decision for the umpire

4th Test

Jadeja to de Villiers, OUT, what a catch from Ishant on the long-off boundary to dismiss AB, Jadeja has a five-for! Superbly judged under the circumstances in the fading light. AB charged the bowler and lofted the ball, he seemed to slice it rather than hit it cleanly. Ishant positioned himself on the long off boundary, only a few feet from the rope, and then reached behind him and to his left to grab the ball as it descended. He managed to stay balanced inside the boundary too

Ashwin to de Villiers, OUT, he's got him! He's got AB, that has to be the game. AB's defence has been broken by a sharp, spinning and bouncing offbreak. That ball spat, viciously from a good length, rearing up at AB who had moved across his crease to defend. It pinged off those battered gloves and popped up to leg slip. Ecstasy for India. AB falls off his 297th delivery

Summary

• Devillers seems to be slow moving to the pitch of the ball when it is flighted or turning in any direction.
  • His feet moment and his ability to time the ball while using the feet is another major issue.
  • He hasn't been able to strike the ball cleanly to slower deliveries.
  • Seems to have a problem with deliveries turning away,Hence Most dismissals to Jadeja and Mishra
  • Trouble playing in SLA
  • Trouble playing Legspin

15 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

One example is MSD, almost everybody says he does not have the technique to play swing bowling but he has a brilliant record in ENG. 

Everyone has some flaws but the main thing is where are the runs, put runs on board no one will talk about technique or temperament. But if u avg 22 in last 14 test with not even a single 100 with many Brain-farts every aspect of ur game will be questioned

Many laughed at the idea of sehwag opening but then his performance made them look like a fool.

13 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

I see 4 broken links for images in the opening post. Does anybody else see it too? 

You can upload it to imgur if ICF is not allowing you. 

Here is the link

http://imgur.com/a/q4iC2

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
15 minutes ago, maniac said:

Analysis of AB Deviller's last 7 Innings dismissals

1st Test

Mishra to de Villiers, OUT, timbaah! AB has been castled here.This one was quicker from Mishra and AB was slow to come forward - he hadn't covered the stumps either. The ball spins past the outside edge and hits the off stump. Excellent delivery. Looks like AB just misjudged the pace on that one a bit as Mishra usually bowls them slow

Mishra to de Villiers, OUT, Mishra has bowled de Villiers twice in this match, flighted, pitched up, de Villiers standing on the crease and opening the face, expecting turn, there is not much, it also keeps a bit low, and rushes through to uproot off stump

2nd Test

adeja to de Villiers, OUT, India are celebrating. Jaddu is hugging the heck out of Saha and the umpires are going for a second opinion. Soft signal is out. AB was down the track, but instead of padding it all way, he does try to play a shot here. The ball bounces a touch more, takes a lot of the pad and wanders towards the leg side in front of the wicket. Saha has watched it all, races forward, dives full length and has taken it one-handed. That much is clear. But did he get bat on it. The umpire is only checking if this is a clean catch, so he definitely did touch it, according to them. Down comes the reply. It is the affirmative and AB walks back, denied a hundred in his 100th Test. At least for now. Roar from Bangalore, clapping from his team-mates and his family and he leads the players off with a raise of his bat

3rd Test

Jadeja to de Villiers, OUT, it's all falling apart, shorter length delivery outside off, AB goes back and tries to work this into the leg side, but the ball stops in the pitch and turns a mile, AB in the form that he is in, gets close enough to the ball to get a leading edge, the ball spoons up in the air towards short mid-on. Jadeja runs around and takes it and India are ecstatic. The big fish has to go.

Ashwin to de Villiers, OUT, absolutely plumb. No doubt about the decision, was that the carrom ball? very well done from Ashwin, he has deceived a terrific batsman at the peak of his abilities. pitches on off, moves a hint away from AB who does not pick it and is struck right in front of middle and off. Easy decision for the umpire

4th Test

Jadeja to de Villiers, OUT, what a catch from Ishant on the long-off boundary to dismiss AB, Jadeja has a five-for! Superbly judged under the circumstances in the fading light. AB charged the bowler and lofted the ball, he seemed to slice it rather than hit it cleanly. Ishant positioned himself on the long off boundary, only a few feet from the rope, and then reached behind him and to his left to grab the ball as it descended. He managed to stay balanced inside the boundary too

Ashwin to de Villiers, OUT, he's got him! He's got AB, that has to be the game. AB's defence has been broken by a sharp, spinning and bouncing offbreak. That ball spat, viciously from a good length, rearing up at AB who had moved across his crease to defend. It pinged off those battered gloves and popped up to leg slip. Ecstasy for India. AB falls off his 297th delivery

Summary

• Devillers seems to be slow moving to the pitch of the ball when it is flighted or turning in any direction.
  • His feet moment and his ability to time the ball while using the feet is another major issue.
  • He hasn't been able to strike the ball cleanly to slower deliveries.
  • Seems to have a problem with deliveries turning away,Hence Most dismissals to Jadeja and Mishra
  • Trouble playing in SLA
  • Trouble playing Legspin

1st its unfair to compare Devillers to rohit coz he has to perform 1st upto his level, I can show u horrid dismissal of So called India 's Best technical batsman dravid. U have to read my whole Post above i have talked about his Temp, skill, hard work and technique(emphasized more on it as we have talked enough about his temp on other threads)

So ill tell u my basic rule about cricket- for me batting is simple about making runs n bowling about taking wkts. Now everyone has their way at the end of the day runs n wkts matter. So m saying plzz dnt compare rahane , abdv, sehwag, gayle with rohit as they all have runs to show. Sehwag didnt have any footwork n ppl laughed at the idea of him being an opener and he pilled on runs to make everyone look fool. 

So no point taking all these names coz they have runs to show to dismiss ur argument 

Now since ur comparing abdv and taking that series in perspective , fine lets compare both

Since ur taking Ind-Sa series

Abdv avg- 36.85 n was 2nd highest scorer in the series

Temperament - He did dug in last day of and tried his level best to save the test so full marks for such grit 

So even if u ques his technique he has Passed in Temperament  and has runs to show

Rohit sharma avg- 6.50 ( Umesh n Rabadda had better avg in the series)

Temperament- After being dropped in 1st inning in delhi test he played a shot in air knowing where a fielder is. Seriously who does that kind of suicide . Temperament failure

So rohit fails all dept - technique, Temperament, and no runs to show

Leave technique, temperament and everything where are the runs from his bat to grant a place???????

I hve always though tht he doesnt work hard enough, i saw his video today on BCCI site and the guy looks really bulky, has developed a bit of belly n Man-boobs. Just as we were praising Virat n dhoni's fitness its disappointing to see this

http://www.bcci.tv/videos/id/2255/indias-tour-of-west-indies-2016-rohit-sharma-speaks-about-his-yoga-session

Another thing that disappoints me a guy like virat kohli starts practicing 11 days before the camp, ashwin was playing TNCA,  and rohit reaches India back from holiday a day b4 camp. Now rohit is fighting for a place not someone like virat or ashwin but still those guys are working more harder than him. 

http://www.sportskeeda.com/cricket/kohli-back-at-the-nets-ahead-of-west-indies-tour - kohli started training on 18th june

Anybody who remebers when rohit came to team can easily tell his fitness has droppped instead of kohli, jadeja, raina who have improved over the year.

M predicting Post 30 if he remains lazy his reflexes would slow down n then his real struggle would begin. Giving to many chances to someone can actually spoil him. For his gud someone needs to take his case n literally be on his head now .