KL Rahul

PBN

KL Rahul is not out on 75,  at SR of 65, on a tough pitch with bounce,  which has helped both seamers and spinners.  He had to face two fast bowlers.

It is also true that the WI attack is very inexperienced and that has reduced the difficulty somewhat.

Viv Richards was full of praise for KL Rahul. Said that he plays old school cricket and has class.  He has a solid base and stays very still before playing the ball. This means that he has potential to do well against fast bowlers.

This kid is perhaps the only batsman we have, apart from Kohli, who has the game to do well in all the 3 formats.

For the sake of Team India, I  hope he has a very good test series in WI and does well on tracks favouring bowlers.

18 minutes ago, express bowling said:

KL Rahul is not out on 75,  at SR of 65, on a tough pitch with bounce,  which has helped both seamers and spinners.  He had to face two fast bowlers.

It is also true that the WI attack is very inexperienced and that has reduced the difficulty somewhat.

Viv Richards was full of praise for KL Rahul. Said that he plays old school cricket and has class.  He has a solid base and stays very still before playing the ball. This means that he has potential to do well against fast bowlers.

This kid is perhaps the only batsman we have, apart from Kohli, who has the game to do well in all the 3 formats.

For the sake of Team India, I  hope he has a very good test series in WI and does well on tracks favouring bowlers.

He proved his potential when he got a 100 in aus last day which helped in saving a test match, also in SL in 2nd test where the ball was moving around. The gr8 thing about him is how he has improved his power game which is a huge bonus. A lot of cricketers looks down upon the power game specially India-Eng x batsman but it is always a huge advantage. Players like him who work on their game n improve it should be given more n more chances as to others. This guy should not sit on bench even if he fails, he needs to be seriously invested in all formats. In Odi he should open, imagine him batting for 50 overs,  our top 3- Rahul rohit kohli that would be something really powerful and consistent. 

17 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

He proved his potential when he got a 100 in aus last day which helped in saving a test match, also in SL in 2nd test where the ball was moving around. The gr8 thing about him is how he has improved his power game which is a huge bonus. A lot of cricketers looks down upon the power game specially India-Eng x batsman but it is always a huge advantage. Players like him who work on their game n improve it should be given more n more chances as to others. This guy should not sit on bench even if he fails, he needs to be seriously invested in all formats. In Odi he should open, imagine him batting for 50 overs,  our top 3- Rahul rohit kohli that would be something really powerful and consistent. 

His 2  test centuries, in Australia and SL, have definitely shown that he can play pace bowling and bounce.  

Not having a power-game is a big minus these days.  Tendulkar and Kohli , our two best classical batsmen of the last 2 eras, both had or have it.  

5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

His 2  test centuries, in Australia and SL, have definitely shown that he can play pace bowling and bounce.  

Not having a power-game is a big minus these days.  Tendulkar and Kohli , our two best classical batsmen of the last 2 eras, both had or have it.  

Yes its is really imp, take pujara for example he played a lot of deliveries in Eng Aus yet didnt have many runs under him. Had someone else played that many he would have far many runs. Every batsman in gr8 aussie team had that game that is why they use to score at heavy rate and win matches. 

Rahul has to make full use of this opportunity and play a big big one that it becomes impossible to drop him. Reports going around that Murali vijay has a fracture which i dnt think would heel so soon still he has to do as much as he could in the chances he gets. Its very important for India that he succeeds as we only have Vijay, kohli n Rahane doing well in batting among which rahane is inconsistent. IF Kohli wants to have 5 bowler strategy he needs 5 consistent good batsman 

19 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Dhawan has done well in ODIs, so I will not drop him just yet. Rahul should be the backup opener for now. In tests and T20s he should be made the permanent opener.

15 minutes ago, Bleed-Blue said:

He can play at 4 instead of Rahane in odis

Don't know how effective he will be at 4, he is best opening. Pandey will be good at 4 and we need someone like Raina at 5 or 6, should blood some youngsters for that. I have always thought Kedar Jadhav would be a good no.5 but then he is already 31 now.

Edited by Forever Indian
2 hours ago, Forever Indian said:

Dhawan has done well in ODIs, so I will not drop him just yet. Rahul should be the backup opener for now. In tests and T20s he should be made the permanent opener.

Dhawan hasnt one bad in test either, he made heavy runs in NZ, SL, Ban n has scored in 1st test wi also. He did play a gud inning in Gabba also. But with Odi why i wanna replace him.

1. dhawan eats up a lot of balls

2. strike rotation is poor

3. Doesnt give us a pacy start

4. i dont see him doing well in All conditions

5. Rahul is better player of fast n spin bowling

6. its time dhawan needs some off time from game n work on some aspect, he would be in my scheme of things always

7. In odi best place to bat is top 3, A player like rahul should be given that slot. Dhawan would get more chances but Rahul shudnt be kept out for long now. For me he is better than Dhawan in any way and its not who has done well its who is better. UR best 11 players shud play

1 hour ago, Forever Indian said:

Don't know how effective he will be at 4, he is best opening. Pandey will be good at 4 and we need someone like Raina at 5 or 6, should blood some youngsters for that. I have always thought Kedar Jadhav would be a good no.5 but then he is already 31 now.

He could do decent at 4 , but as i said best place to bat in Odi in top 3 n he is a better player against pace n spin so he should open. For me Pandey shud b at 4. Rahul, Rohit, kohli, Pandey, dhoni works for as they all are consistent and can take away the game single handedly which i cant say about rahane and consistency is not dhawan forte