Ranji Trophy 2016/17

Bleed-Blue

Ranji Trophy: Mumbai holds upper hand against Uttar Pradesh

TARE-BHUVI_Cropped_3078410b.jpg

Mumbai captain Aditya Tare (left) along with his UP counterpart Bhuvneshwar Kumar, teammates at IPL champions Sunrisers Hyderabad, pose together on the eve of the Ranji Trophy Group A clash in Mysuru.  – AMOL KARHADKAR

YAY bhuvi is captain...!!!!:cheer:

Edited by radhika
30 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

The ave is a misnomer, coz BK is only played in games where the where caters to him, just imagine if Ashwin just plays on a turner lol, 

You go by average and we go by his skills which he has for swinging the ball. He was recently at a stage where he was coming of age in terms of increasing his speed. I see him succeeding big at international stage. I expect him to play for India for a very long time and take over 350 test wickets. Yes, he will go down as one of the best Indian seamers in the history of Indian cricket. Kohli and Bhuvi will combine well and with Shami, India can have a great bowling combination along with world class spinner Ashwin. We are building towards being a side which can stay number 1 for a really long time, something which we did not do earlier. Bhuvi is going to make sure he plays huge part in that. 

48 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

The ave is a misnomer, coz BK is only played in games where the where caters to him, just imagine if Ashwin just plays on a turner lol, 

Did you even watch the spell he bowled in WI and to NZ or were you just busy following the speed gun? The spell in WI was as good as you will get to see from any medium pacer. There was little help any other seamer was able to find, but Bhuvi was unplayable. This speedgun analysis of Bhuvi's bowling should end. He is probably the most skilled of our current lot of pacers. 

5 hours ago, Bleed-Blue said:

Average of 27 is test cricket is not below average.

Thats like saying Steyn or Anderson take wickets only when conditions are good or mostly bowler friendly.  

It is always hard for a pacer to do well regardless of his conditions and especially hard for an Indian seamer in indian conditions as spinners usually get to bowl the most amount of overs in a day and often captains are reluctant in bringing the seamers on regular basis as compared to bringing a spinner. Thats the life of a fast bowler in Indian conditions and especially for Indian seamers(though I do see it changing with Kohli as captain now).

Fact is Bhuvi is taking wickets in Indian conditions which are suited more for spinners. Our spinners always outbowl our seamers. If Bhuvi is averagin 27 at the start of his test career, then I surely expect him to better that in few years. 

17 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Thats like saying Steyn or Anderson take wickets only when conditions are good or mostly bowler friendly.  

It is always hard for a pacer to do well regardless of his conditions and especially hard for an Indian seamer in indian conditions as spinners usually get to bowl the most amount of overs in a day and often captains are reluctant in bringing the seamers on regular basis as compared to bringing a spinner. Thats the life of a fast bowler in Indian conditions and especially for Indian seamers(though I do see it changing with Kohli as captain now).

Fact is Bhuvi is taking wickets in Indian conditions which are suited more for spinners. Our spinners always outbowl our seamers. If Bhuvi is averagin 27 at the start of his test career, then I surely expect him to better that in few years. 

I dont think he will end up 350 test wickets but he sure will be very good bowler when he retires.

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

When did he take wickets in Indian conditions?

1 hour ago, Texan said:

Did you even watch the spell he bowled in WI and to NZ or were you just busy following the speed gun? The spell in WI was as good as you will get to see from any medium pacer. There was little help any other seamer was able to find, but Bhuvi was unplayable. This speedgun analysis of Bhuvi's bowling should end. He is probably the most skilled of our current lot of pacers. 

Those were helpful pitches he played in and he knows how to make use of such conditions.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

Those were helpful pitches he played in and he knows how to make use of such conditions

5 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

When did he take wickets in Indian conditions?

Yes, those conditionsnhe made good use of just like any good bowler makes use of when he takes a fifer. Yes, he hasn't been as successful in India but with time he will. He has been in a phase where he was increasing his speed and at times trying too much. I think he is only going to get better. I feel and have said in the past also, he looks to bowl with brain compared to other Indian bowlers I have seen. He will bowl better under Kohli compared to Dhoni. 

I have nothing against BK, he is a decent guy, ave medium pacer, should he be in the squad yes depending on conditions, cold hard facts his stats are inflated owing to having the luxury to be played only in bowler friendly tracks, so he is not versatile, also his pace has not incresed much at all, intact he had lost pace after bowling initially around 128 K to 138 K max, now he is back to his old pace n he starts at 135 K abouts n then and of day or spell he bowls around 128 K.

He is a one trick pony, does not have extra pace, or bounce or neither he is an all rounder, would he play as a bowler in any side like SA, Eng ,Aus no he might only if he batted as an all rounder to go with his medium pace.

In test matches for a bowler to survive or thrive you need pace, or bounce coming from the likes of Ambrose or Walsh, Skills with F/M pace kinda like Zak, he falls in the category of skills with no pace at all or bounce and can only use new ball in friendly conditions, so how many such wkts will he get to bowl or and a bowler cannot be picked up if he can just use the new ball can he take wkts in 40 th or 50 th over like Shami or Umesh can on a flat deck?n worse is KOkaburra or dukes is not even as easy to seam n swing like SG, if BK was playing for Eng and had to play most of his games in Eng yes he would've got 200 wkts or more but not which team he plays for