Ranji Trophy 2016/17

Bleed-Blue

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Not for dropping him. He had a knee injury and after being dropped, he asked for permission to go to NCA for rehab but they denied, so, his father made a call to KCA president.

Sanju Samson is known to be one of the nicest guys in Kerala dressing room. Looks like he is mentally in a very bad space. May be lack of runs and form of Kishan and Pant is getting to to him. 

Very interesting suggestion from Sachin for Ranji games. Can this be done?

"Let us have the first innings on a green top with kookaburra balls, which would give openers a challenge. Even the bowlers will have something. Our spinners will also learn how to bowl with the kookaburra on green tops.

"Now let there be a pitch adjacent to the green top which would be a rank turner. Now the second innings will be played on that track with the SG Test ball which would also help our batsmen play against quality spin bowling. We have been too focussed on playing pace in overseas conditions but we should not forget how to play spin bowling."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/1070240.html

20 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Very interesting suggestion from Sachin for Ranji games. Can this be done?

"Let us have the first innings on a green top with kookaburra balls, which would give openers a challenge. Even the bowlers will have something. Our spinners will also learn how to bowl with the kookaburra on green tops.

"Now let there be a pitch adjacent to the green top which would be a rank turner. Now the second innings will be played on that track with the SG Test ball which would also help our batsmen play against quality spin bowling. We have been too focussed on playing pace in overseas conditions but we should not forget how to play spin bowling."

Very good suggestion by Sachin....and good find bro    :nice:

25 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Interesting comments from the master but how do you protect the second pitch? Unless there is a drop-in pitch, which Sachin did not suggest(my suggestion) being put over night. Sachin suggested a pitch adjacent to the first day pitch and that is alarming as you can not protect the adjacent pitch which will be used later,  since there will be fielders fielding inside the 30 yard circle. 

45 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

better to invest in improving bowlers rather than produce helpful tracks ,good bowlers will test batsmen even on unhelpful tracks like pankaj singh showed in duleep trophy

He is talking about improving the bowlers and the batsmen. Bowling on green tracks with Kookaburra balls will help our spinners when they tour overseas. Batsman too will improve their game by playing on green pitches and rank turners. But implementing this suggestion seems difficult.

On 12/1/2016 at 6:36 AM, rkt.india said:

Samson is fading away by every season. He should have been challenging Dhoni and Saha for the wicket-keeper role by now, but he barely has any performance in First Class cricket with the bat.

True. Heading towards the might-have-beens.

On 12/2/2016 at 0:22 AM, rkt.india said:

Panchal is an average batsman, nothing special about him, averages 38 after 48 FC games.

Avg record until now, and one bumper season. I agree that he's more likely to be a FTB who happened to have done well this time... but there's also rare instances of people doing well later.

On 12/2/2016 at 3:53 AM, express bowling said:

Among the pacers who may have international potential, these are some of  the bowlers who have done well in  Ranji Trophy this season --

A.Kuila     18 wickets from 4 matches  @ 19.33

Md. Siraj    28 wickets from 7 matches  @ 19.85

M. Sayyed   18 wickets from 6 matches  @ 26.4

Lalit  Yadav   22 wickets from 6 matches  @ 25.1

K. Vignesh    32 wickets from 6 matches  @ 18.4

Ravi Kiran   29 wickets from 7 matches  @ 17.5

Pankaj Singh    36 wickets from 7 matches  @  21

C. Sakure   24 wickets from 6 matches  @ 21.3

Aniket   19  wickets from 6 matches  @ 27.5

P.S --  Nathu Singh and   Varun Aaron have missed most Ranji matches this season due to injury and Pradeep Sangwan has played very few too.

Sakure started career a bit late. Not sure how he will shape up. Pankaj is only a stop-gap measure, maybe 3-4 yeard at most. The others are mostly promisng but I don't think Vignesh has much pace.

On 01/12/2016 at 1:09 PM, express bowling said:

Interesting

Among the new pacers playing in Ranji......Mohsin Sayyed,  Amit Kuila,  Md, Siraj,   Babashafi Pathan and Lalit Yadav are said to have some pace....and Tushar Deshpande maybe.

How fast are these guys.

are any in 137+ range

or are they in 129 to 135k only.....this is the category that are pacy trundlers. some of these guys have potential to improve and some decline fast.

Bhuvi  is one who has improved even bumrah was in this range and now has improved.

Dhwal is one who still remains in this range.

this range needs helpful conditions to be affective..if pitch doesn't help then these medium pacers are murdered.

1 minute ago, vishalvirsingh said:

How fast are these guys.

are any in 137+ range

or are they in 129 to 135k only.....this is the category that are pacy trundlers. some of these guys have potential to improve and some decline fast.

Ranji matches are not being shown live either on TV or on BCCI.tv

All the information we have got about these pacers are from articles on them or from match reports....we don't know their exact pace.

Which is why I said...  " are said to have some pace "

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Ranji matches are not being shown live either on TV or on BCCI.tv

All the information we have got about these pacers are from articles on them or from match reports....we don't know their exact pace.

Which is why I said...  " are said to have some pace "

What you said was obviously very true. People here at ICF at following news articles carefully.

9 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

How fast are these guys.

are any in 137+ range

Bhuvi  is one who has improved even bumrah was in this range and now has improved.

Dhwal is one who still remains in this range.

this range needs helpful conditions to be affective..if pitch doesn't help then these medium pacers are murdered.

I have a feeling that many of this list are more likely to be, at the moment, in the 132-137 kmph, i.e. maybe 5 kmphs lesser than necessary But some, such as Sayyed, are quite young.

8 hours ago, Vijy said:

I have a feeling that many of this list are more likely to be, at the moment, in the 132-137 kmph, i.e. maybe 5 kmphs lesser than necessary But some, such as Sayyed, are quite young.

Mohsin Sayyed and Babshafi Pathan are definitely quick. Even Unmukt Chand had about his pace during U19 days in his book. Babashafi I myself saw clocking close to 140K on his ranji debut 3 years back when he was 19.

we need one more first class tournament apart from ranji to test our the best cream talents ( ranji is necessary for nationwide participation but gives too much room for mediocre guys to inflate their avgs against minnow sides)
duleep trophy should be made more prestigious like shefield sheild 5-6 teams affair not zonal but selectors pick

One more thing, our domestic players get to play only 8 first class matches per year, if your teams doesn't reach knockouts
2-3 more if selected for duleep and irani trophy

provision should be made to play 15-16 matches a year like english county
if u look at guys like bairstow butler hales stokes they played 100 first class at so young age of 25-26

our best talents thats why develop so late look at rahul not even 50 first class so far

1 hour ago, SUMO said:

why khaleel ahmed and avesh khan hasn't been picked :(
rajasthan still prefering deepak chahar, tm ul haq, etc
MP going with unknowns like ashwin das, gaurav yadav,etc.

They are playing u22. Chahar is good. I would like him to play in England along with Boobie. We need to play horses for courses there. We need swing bowlers there.