BCCI vs Indian Court! Who is right?

10 minutes ago, Shamim.Miah said:

So reading the post by members- are you guys saying SC is corupt, BCCI is corupt? So how can a corupt fix another corupt. I am reading what you guys are writing and it seems like there are question marks on supreme court also! What is corupt free than? 

I know you are trolling but still answerin- we think there is some level of aristrocracy, idiocracy, nepotism and greed is involved. That doesnt mean most of outcome wouldnt be better than current state. Isnt it same everywhere? Cricket issue is NOT so importantas if its end of world and we must get it right very first time. In future another similar exercise\iteration can be done. This is called evolution.

Edited by mishra
At the start of the hearing on Thursday, the court heard submissions made by the amicus curiae Gopal Subramanium. If it were to approve the Lodha Committee's recommendation to supersede the BCCI office bearers, the court asked Subramanium, would there be eligibility criteria for the people comprising the panel of administrators, and whether they needed to be cricketers? He said there was no criteria as long as the new administrators were of impeccable stature and integrity.

Thakur then asked Sibal if the board's existing office bearers - the president, secretary, treasurer and join secretary - had any special skills. Sibal said BCCI president Anurag Thakur was a cricketer, having played one Ranji Trophy match for Himachal Pradesh.

At this point Vikas Mehta, the lawyer representing Cricket Association of Bihar, one of the petitioners in the hearing, intervened. He claimed that Anurag Thakur, while serving as president of the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association, had appointed himself chairman of selectors of the state team and played one Ranji Trophy match to fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the BCCI to become a national selector. Anurag Thakur eventually served as a junior national selector.

This is the level of corruption and nepotism we are dealing with in Indian cricket .And people are complaining SC is trying to cleanse it lol

So reading the post by members- are you guys saying SC is corupt, BCCI is corupt? So how can a corupt fix another corupt. I am reading what you guys are writing and it seems like there are question marks on supreme court also! What is corupt free than? 

Are you 12 years old?. SC is not corrupt, misguided.

At the start of the hearing on Thursday, the court heard submissions made by the amicus curiae Gopal Subramanium. If it were to approve the Lodha Committee's recommendation to supersede the BCCI office bearers, the court asked Subramanium, would there be eligibility criteria for the people comprising the panel of administrators, and whether they needed to be cricketers? He said there was no criteria as long as the new administrators were of impeccable stature and integrity.Thakur then asked Sibal if the board's existing office bearers - the president, secretary, treasurer and join secretary - had any special skills. Sibal said BCCI president Anurag Thakur was a cricketer, having played one Ranji Trophy match for Himachal Pradesh.

At this point Vikas Mehta, the lawyer representing Cricket Association of Bihar, one of the petitioners in the hearing, intervened. He claimed that Anurag Thakur, while serving as president of the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association, had appointed himself chairman of selectors of the state team and played one Ranji Trophy match to fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the BCCI to become a national selector. Anurag Thakur eventually served as a junior national selector.

This is the level of corruption and nepotism we are dealing with in Indian cricket .And people are complaining SC is trying to cleanse it lol

Lol did know it.I don't mind judicial overreach if we can at least make the game more transparent.

1 hour ago, mishra said:

I know you are trolling but still answerin- we think there is some level of aristrocracy, idiocracy, nepotism and greed is involved. That doesnt mean most of outcome wouldnt be better than current state. Isnt it same everywhere? Cricket issue is NOT so importantas if its end of world and we must get it right very first time. In future another similar exercise\iteration can be done. This is called evolution.

If the posters, who I assume are indians are saying SC is corupt and that they are enforcing on BCCI forcefully do you want me to think otherwise? My personal opinion is simple- follow the Lodha recommendation, stop playing about and creating more mess-time to clean Indian cricket. This will be beneficial in the long term for India and an example to other boards. Now here we have people questioning the law enforcers, what should one believe looking from outside? 

If the posters, who I assume are indians are saying SC is corupt and that they are enforcing on BCCI forcefully do you want me to think otherwise? My personal opinion is simple- follow the Lodha recommendation, stop playing about and creating more mess-time to clean Indian cricket. This will be beneficial in the long term for India and an example to other boards. Now here we have people questioning the law enforcers, what should one believe looking from outside? 

Lol have ur eyesight checked who says sc is corrupt.

20 minutes ago, Shamim.Miah said:

Bhai, Not everything is practical. Also recommendation is NOT requirement/legal binding.

Now, For example if BCCI implement player Burn recommendation. It will either have to shorten IPL or skip Champions trophy or cancel IPL.

Indian team plays most numbers of game in a calendar year. Implement Lodha and we wont have either that many series or not enough warmup games overseas.

Similar loopholes at few other recommendations too. Apart from corruption bit within BCCI, I will say generally BCCI is more experienced to know what is best for itself then Lodha Committee guys. Does it makes sense to you?

9 minutes ago, mishra said:

Bhai, Not everything is practical. Also recommendation is NOT requirement/legal binding.

Now, For example if BCCI implement player Burn recommendation. It will either have to shorten IPL or skip Champions trophy or cancel IPL.

Indian team plays most numbers of game in a calendar year. Implement Lodha and we wont have either that many series or not enough warmup games overseas.

Similar loopholes at few other recommendations too. Apart from corruption bit within BCCI, I will say generally BCCI is more experienced to know what is best for itself then Lodha Committee guys. Does it makes sense to you?

I work in governance- so no it doesn't make sense. Anything that promotes good governance I am a vivid supporter of it. Current BCCI chairman has exposed so much dirty dealings of BCCI which I reckon even Srini wouldn't do! At the end like many Twitter users, it's all about filling their pocket. It's a shame hardly any recognised Indian are tweeting against BCCI except Lalit Modi! Most of the are afraid to speak up, as it may hunt them in form of losing job- takes us back to money. Indian cricket being clean would set a good example for rest! 

Edited by Shamim.Miah
14 minutes ago, Shamim.Miah said:

I work in governance- so no it doesn't make sense. Anything that promotes good governance I am a vivid supporter of it. Current BCCI chairman has exposed so much dirty dealings of BCCI which I reckon even Srini wouldn't do! At the end like many Twitter users, it's all about filling their pocket. It's a shame hardly any recognised Indian are tweeting against BCCI except Lalit Modi! Most of the are afraid to speak up, as it may hunt them in form of losing job- takes us back to money. Indian cricket being clean would set a good example for rest! 

U lost me there. How player burn out is related to "Indian Cricket Cleanliness" and why other boards need example from India to clean/improve? Or why is it BCCI responsibility? Or how come PCB will follow what benchmark BCCI sets.

For example: BCCI banned Sreesanth for suspected dodgy dealing in IPL, If it wasnt ICC, PCB will happily take all the convicted bookies, even now Md Aamir playing and is a National Hero. So stop this morality sermons.

You do realise that this was one off and even then it was called a judicial overreach.You can look it up.A very weak govt at center meant it was never protested.Also at that time it was considered for the greater good.Even then it was called a grey area by the legal luminaries.

The SC is not empowered to make or amend laws in India.You can read various judgements of SC from 2011-12 period where it warned the judiciary to stay away from activism.

You do realise that this was one off and even then it was called a judicial overreach.You can look it up.A very weak govt at center meant it was never protested.Also at that time it was considered for the greater good.Even then it was called a grey area by the legal luminaries.

The SC is not empowered to make or amend laws in India.You can read various judgements of SC from 2011-12 period where it warned the judiciary to stay away from activism.

It is I have even provided an actual judgement .And they are fully empowered by the Constitution for that .

What exactly is there to look up lol

If u think otherwise then provide any of those judgements from 2011-12 where it says SC cannot amend laws .

It is I have even provided an actual judgement .And they are fully empowered by the Constitution for that .

What exactly is there to look up lol

If u think otherwise then provide any of those judgements from 2011-12 where it says SC cannot amend laws .

Please provide me with the judgement where it says that SC can amend laws.

Read the one above.

I know in what context it was given.

It was given in context of protecting Article 21 of constitution.Regarding the fundamental right to life,which the SC interpreted as right to life with dignity etc etc.

http://m.thehindu.com/news/national/supreme-court-warns-judges-against-judicial-overreach/article8816447.ece

http://m.hindustantimes.com/delhi/cji-designate-warns-against-judicial-activism/story-CCcFYoJTGx8Lj6ygCAPpoN.html

Two articles where SC warns about judicial overreach.The present CJI seems to have taken it upon himself to interfere everywhere.From cricket to education to pollution everywhere.Various legal luminaries have warned againist this.Arun Jaitley recently said in the RS that SC is destroying the legislature.