Calling it now - Ashwin will win us a series in South Africa and Australia

Laaloo

2 hours ago, maniac said:

Bro...Ashwins family migrated from Delhi in the Mughal era... now since we have established that, go back and revisit his performance in SA

He might have done decent, but I want our spinner to win. I want to take that harsh call whether one puts it harsh, I play Kuldeep or Jadeja, because I believe Jadeja is going to be the game changer.

I don't want to settle for less.

8 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

He might have done decent, but I want our spinner to win. I want to take that harsh call whether one puts it harsh, I play Kuldeep or Jadeja, because I believe Jadeja is going to be the game changer.

He almost won us the 2nd test if not for all the dropped catches...performed with bat and ball and surprisingly field,so has done nothing wrong to be replaced....didn’t you want him to be replaced  by even Misraji at one point :facepalm: clearly we are watching different matches 

Edited by maniac
1 minute ago, maniac said:

He almost won us the 2nd test if not for all the dropped catches...performed with bat and ball and surprisingly field,so has done nothing wrong to be replaced....didn’t you want him to be replaced  by even Misraji at one point :facepalm: clearly we are watching different matches 

Mishra I wanted him to be replaced in t20s when Ashwin was bowling shyt in t20s.  

Jadeja I have been asking to be played in the test series for a while.

Smith and Aus will kill us in Aus as Ashwin will leak 200+ tuns in Aus.

We need someone who can change and bowl quicker like Jadeja at times. Jadeja can bowl a lot of straight ones which might not give Smith or Root much time to go on back foot and play with ease.

11 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

7 man of the series award. More than Sachin Tendulkar , Kumble.  Fastest to reach 300. An average in the range of 25. 4 centuries. He is an integral part of this side. You cannot drop him willy nilly. That too when he averaged 30 (should have averaged far less) in alien conditions. Kumble despite poor show early on in his career was always part of our side.  He started doing well only in 2000s. Spinners rarely win matches in South Africa. This time it was all seamers. Even in the 2nd test Maharaja took just 1 or 2 wickets. Rest went to seamers.

3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Mishra I wanted him to be replaced in t20s when Ashwin was bowling shyt in t20s.  

We need someone who can change and bowl quicker like Jadeja at times. Jadeja can bowl a lot of straight ones which might not give Smith or Root much time to go on back foot and play with ease.

Lol on what basis you think Jadeja will

roll over the Aussies in Aus :hysterical:

Australias main spinner is Lyon who in a lot of ways is like Ashwin a conventional spinner and not a darter...based on how impressive Ashwin was in South Africa he should start in Aus, obviously if he fails then replace him after 2 tests.

I am willing to bet either you haven’t watched the first 2 tests against SA or you just hate Ashwin lol....which one is it?

4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

You are over-rating Jadeja overseas. Jaddu couldn't do much against Smith, Root at home, how will he do well there against them?

7 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

7 man of the series award. More than Sachin Tendulkar , Kumble.  Fastest to reach 300. An average in the range of 25. 4 centuries. He is an integral part of this side. You cannot drop him willy nilly. That too when he averaged 30 (should have averaged far less) in alien conditions. Kumble despite poor show early on in his career was always part of our side.  He started doing well only in 2000s. Spinners rarely win matches in South Africa. This time it was all seamers. Even in the 2nd test Maharaja took just 1 or 2 wickets. Rest went to seamers.

Ashwin is a legend and close to Kapil Dev as the greatest Indian All rounder for me but I want to game by game and I feel he will not be as effective as Jadeja in Australia.

That is why I say. I am not criticizing Ashwin at all, just believe Jadeja can realy to doa. Crazy good job for us.

5 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

You are over-rating Jadeja overseas. Jaddu couldn't do much against Smith, Root at home, how will he do well there against them?

Jadeja bowled well through out the home season. He will do wel in Aus due to his ability to bowl quicker and bowl conventional spin. You want to make sure batsmen doesn’t have much time to play ok backfoot in Aus when playing spin. That is what Keshav Maharaj did good in when he went there. Kumble did his great in later tours.

Jadeja will do the same.

Just now, Cricketics said:

Jadeja bowled well through out the home season. He will do wel in Aus due to his ability to bowl quicker and bowl conventional spin. You want to make sure batsmen doesn’t have much time to play ok backfoot in Aus when playing spin. That is what Keshav Maharaj did good in when he went there. Kumble did his great in later tours.

Jadeja will do the same.

Don’t know about Maharaj but Kumbles weapon was extra bounce along with line and length...Jadejas weapon is line and length and variable bounce...won’t be effective in Australia 

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Ashwin is a legend and close to Kapil Dev as the greatest Indian All rounder for me but I want to game by game and I feel he will not be as effective as Jadeja in Australia.

That is why I say. I am not criticizing Ashwin at all, just believe Jadeja can realy to doa. Crazy good job for us.

There is no credible evidence or history that points that. If you are talking about a wrist spinner out performing Ash i can buy it as historically Australian pitches help wrist spinners more than finger spinners. What is the point in replacing a finger spinner with another finger spinner. One darts fast and straight. On Indian pitches he gets some turn so his darts are dangerous. In Australia there won't be turn. They will treat him like a medium pacer. His one day stats in Australia doesn't exactly suggest he will be a massive difference over Ashwin in Australia. 

in Australia

Jadeja 21 matches 14 wickets 63.35 avge 5.24 ER

Ashwin 16 matches 20 wickets 35.15 avge 4.75 ER

I am not sure on what basis you say Jaddu will wreak havoc in Australia.

10 minutes ago, maniac said:

Don’t know about Maharaj but Kumbles weapon was extra bounce along with line and length...Jadejas weapon is line and length and variable bounce...won’t be effective in Australia 

If anything his action is the least effective when it comes to using bounce of Australian pitches. He has this round arm action which will not allow the ball to use the bounce. 

27 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

There is no credible evidence or history that points that. If you are talking about a wrist spinner out performing Ash i can buy it as historically Australian pitches help wrist spinners more than finger spinners. What is the point in replacing a finger spinner with another finger spinner. One darts fast and straight. On Indian pitches he gets some turn so his darts are dangerous. In Australia there won't be turn. They will treat him like a medium pacer. His one day stats in Australia doesn't exactly suggest he will be a massive difference over Ashwin in Australia. 

in Australia

Jadeja 21 matches 14 wickets 63.35 avge 5.24 ER

Ashwin 16 matches 20 wickets 35.15 avge 4.75 ER

I am not sure on what basis you say Jaddu will wreak havoc in Australia.

What stats are those form Australia?

Jadeja has never played 21 test matches in Australia. In fact India has not even played 21 test matches in Australia since I have been born I think

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

one dayers.

One day stats are not the right way to judge a test bowler or vice versa. Jadeja would ofcourse try too many things in ODI's at times while in test matches if needed he can stick to one line to irritate Smith or anyone.

Its a whole different ball game.

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

One day stats are not the right way to judge a test bowler or vice versa. Jadeja would ofcourse try too many things in ODI's at times while in test matches if needed he can stick to one line to irritate Smith or anyone.

Its a whole different ball game.

Essentially we have no evidence that he will do better. Only one thing we have is ODI stats where Ash comfortably outperforms him.  Pitches are different. Ball is different. conditions are different. Jadeja is not our answer overseas. He is no different than any other left arm darter in Australia. Only option would be to have Kuldeep. If Kuldeep is not in Ash is the better option. Jaddu will be effective in SL, India, WI. But we play both of them there anyway. 

30 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Essentially we have no evidence that he will do better. Only one thing we have is ODI stats where Ash comfortably outperforms him.  Pitches are different. Ball is different. conditions are different. Jadeja is not our answer overseas. He is no different than any other left arm darter in Australia. Only option would be to have Kuldeep. If Kuldeep is not in Ash is the better option. Jaddu will be effective in SL, India, WI. But we play both of them there anyway. 

Jaddu is a much better bowler and batsman in tests than in ODIs.  And under-rated on the bowling side.

14 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Not everywhere. In certain conditions. In other places he can contain runs. He doesn't have magical deliveries that Ashwin can produce. 

Rahane doesn't have magical shots that Rohit can produce.Maybe Kohi used your logic in 1st two tests

Edited by Lord