Where is the planning in selection for the 2019 World Cup ?

I think selectors are doing decent job......KLR is persisted with.....which is a good news.......he needs a longer rope (Remember..stokes jason roy, butler....all were given longer rope and see the england team now....)

MSK already said that guyz like Pant,Kuldeep should be brought from smaller format to longer format.....he is walking the talk....Pant is selected in T20's and I am sure after CT, he will be regular in ODI's.

I hope, so is the case with Kuldeep.....Now chahal seems to be ahead of him in selectors mind.....(Only one wrist spinner can be selected). It's a good face-off between Y. Chahal and Kuldeep.....

Only disappointment is M.Pandey......Hopefully, selectors continue to show faith in him and team management plays in in final iX.....he is a kohli type players....very cool is tense situations and amazing fielder..... <Somehow Rahane is getting more chances as compared to Pandey. Remember Pandey can open the innings>.

Also, selectors have no direction when it comes to pace bowling. Pace bowlers should be treated differently. All the players should be selected based on domestic performances. But pace bowlers should be selected purely based on talent and that too early.......I am sure Nathu singh would have created some ripples by now, if played some matches (ODI's)

1 hour ago, gakgupta said:

I think selectors are doing decent job......KLR is persisted with.....which is a good news.......he needs a longer rope (Remember..stokes jason roy, butler....all were given longer rope and see the england team now....)

KL  Rahul has 4 test centuries from only  12 test matches including 2 big hundreds, and 3 of them outside India. Who would not persist wiith such a batter in test matches.

In ODIs, he was averaging 100+ before this series started.... and has played only 6 games in all......the question of persisting with him has not arisen till now.  We will see what happens when Rohit is back and IF Dhawan also hits some sort of form.

I hope, so is the case with Kuldeep.....Now chahal seems to be ahead of him in selectors mind.....(Only one wrist spinner can be selected). It's a good face-off between Y. Chahal and Kuldeep.....

A chance to bring in Kuldeep in the upcoming T20I series was missed when  Ashwin and Jadeja was rested and  Mishra and Rasool were brought in.  This despite excellent performance by him in a practice match against England

Also, selectors have no direction when it comes to pace bowling. Pace bowlers should be treated differently. All the players should be selected based on domestic performances. But pace bowlers should be selected purely based on talent and that too early.......I am sure Nathu singh would have created some ripples by now, if played some matches (ODI's)

I don't see any  young fast bowler with international potential being promoted.   This has been the area of biggest disappointmewnt for me.... it was particularly evident in the practice match against England and also in the original selection for Irani Trophy  before Siraj became a replacement due to injury

Who are the really talented quicks that the selectors plan to bring in next to the Indian team.... I am interested in knowing.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Who are the really talented quicks that the selectors plan to bring in next to the Indian team.... I am interested in knowing.

Actually by now Nathu should have been drafted in the odi squad.Selector should have also given some exposure to left arm Pacers.

But going by the vision shown by selectors in the practice games, selector are still stuck with Dinda,Vinay,Mohit 

To put things into perspective :

1) There is more time between now and the world cup than what Mangalyaan took to reach Mars

2) Even the last ICF downtime was shorter than the time remaining till the world cup

3) India might have a new PM by the time the world cup begins

4) President Trump might press the nuke button and we would all be radioactive mutants