Kohli ‘struck an Australian official with an orange Gatorade bottle- This kind of crap has gone to far now

6 minutes ago, Masquerade said:

Haha yeah I guess ICF is not the place to discuss it. 

It's a really interesting sport though. 

Yeah I always hear the Aussie commentators talking about it and I always fancy watching it. As an Englishman I do like my contact sports that involve chasing and passing a ball around a field in various ways, whether using the feet or hands. Or head occasionally.

2 hours ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Are we any closer to the truth? Or is this more tabloid trash?

If you want to believe a random spectator who was on a stand closer to the dressing room balcony, then this is what I have to say

Bottle smashed - True 

TV got hit - True

Bottle then went on to hit Aussie support team - Cant say for sure. Could be made up by the paper or Aussies lied to the paper

Kumble storming into Umpire's room - Dont know. Cant see that from where I was sitting

Kohli abusing officials - Not true. He was abusing the Aussie spectators in my stand. it was very animated. Not just when he got out. He even said something like 'I am watching you...' when the led the team back to dressing room for tea on Day 4.

4 hours ago, Stumped said:

I'd pay to watch Virat Kohli getting riled up by pensioners...

If Kohli plays he will get riled... that's how he's wired and it works for him. People and sports teams generally perform better with chip on their shoulder and with "us vs world" mentality. Take a look at NFL for example. Nearly every coach or team looks for bill-board or locker room material to drive their team. They will take an innocuous comment or a statement out of context and tell the team/players how the world is "dis-respecting" them so they play with the chip on their shoulder.

Kohli does the same. If you meet him off the field I'm sure he would be a great person but he needs that edge during games to perform at the next level. If you expect him to be genial throughout he will not succeed the way he's right now. That's how it is and he will find one reason or another to get worked up during games. If not Aussie spectators/pensioners, it will be somebody or something else. He will find an excuse or reason to channel his inner anger at something. There are guys who look to sledge and to egg themselves on and if you haven't figured it out yet, Kohli falls in that category. It's nothing personal but it's just the way he is. 

8 hours ago, Dinx - the Jinx said:

If you want to believe a random spectator who was on a stand closer to the dressing room balcony, then this is what I have to say

Bottle smashed - True 

TV got hit - True

Bottle then went on to hit Aussie support team - Cant say for sure. Could be made up by the paper or Aussies lied to the paper

Kumble storming into Umpire's room - Dont know. Cant see that from where I was sitting

Kohli abusing officials - Not true. He was abusing the Aussie spectators in my stand. it was very animated. Not just when he got out. He even said something like 'I am watching you...' when the led the team back to dressing room for tea on Day 4.

So all we really know for sure is that the bottle was thrown and Kohli mouthed off at Aussie fans? Ok.

17 hours ago, Masquerade said:

Haha yeah I guess ICF is not the place to discuss it. 

It's a really interesting sport though. 

Why don't you put up a nice little intro for it just a quick write-up team's and rivalries and union vs league vs American football big diff and folks might pick it up.

Edited by Vilander
17 hours ago, YCCC said:

Yeah I always hear the Aussie commentators talking about it and I always fancy watching it. As an Englishman I do like my contact sports that involve chasing and passing a ball around a field in various ways, whether using the feet or hands. Or head occasionally.

Soccer is not a full contact sport. Soccer soccer...Is not foot ball is :agree:

20 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Soccer is not a full contact sport. Soccer soccer...Is not foot ball is :agree:

It's supposed to be. Not this sanitised version they've started playing in the last ten years, led by soft twats like Ronaldo and Messi who go down after a tap on the foot.

2 minutes ago, North Sea Tiger said:

What about the guy that bites? That count as contact, no? 

He's probably the worst of the lot when the boot is on the other foot. The common denominator is that the worst offenders are from the Latin countries (southern Europe and Latin America). Call me prejudiced but it's true.

On 12/03/2017 at 1:41 PM, Dinx - the Jinx said:

Bottle smashed - True 

TV got hit - True

No. I dont believe you.

btw smith is a big cheater....