Had cricket ever brought tears in your eyes???

15 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

LOL he was the one stuck till the end and tried to narrow down the margin of defeat. Your hero Kohli was so busy spotting Anushka that skied a ball of Johnson for 1 after facing 17 deliveries :giggle:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

:phew:

Was opening for the Bihar U-13 team in a local match. This ball from a trundler hit a crack and came in from nowhere. One of my balls also chose the same day to peak out of my crotch guard. Well, curiosity killed the cat, etc. The wind went out of me and the next thing I knew, I was squirming on the ground in agony, my eyes tearing up in sheer reaction. I also remember apologizing to my father as I was sure the family name would die with me. I was incapacitated and my brother couldn't talk to a girl to save his life. Thankfully my balls recovered and now their first reaction at any sign of danger is to hide inside my body.

Yeah so that was the time, tears in my eyes, etc

Very sad

Opening myself up here a bit, but this story brings a tear to my eye, mostly because it wasn't documented and some of the key players that lived the story are dead.

I spent grade 6 in a public school, wasn't exactly your normal public school, it was a project school (Olympic Village Primary).

Anyway, some of us kids played for the same club, and we were a strong club (West Heidelberg Colts).

Anyway, School cricket came around and we easily beat our local opponents, then we went to sudden death matches against other districts, all's I remember is we were playing cricket every other day, we never lost, never even come close TBH until the final when we got to play an all boys private private school. :(