Sacred cow ambulance service launched in India

Rohit S. Ambani

One of the problems with Ind is that it has kept increasing its human population w/o making investments to support such a growth 

To support this growth, many folks talk about taking resources away from other domains, which is like rewarding the culprits. The solution to alleviating the conditions of people is multi pronged with no short cuts. It will take time and a lot of effort

We can't ignore the animals, environment, etc. till the situation improves for humans as if/when that happens, it could be too late for the planet, which could likely have changed for worse 

As they say - intelligence has its limits, stupidy is limitless 

Edited by zen

If we were to forecast evolution of human beings, chances are that in the distant future, the term homo sapiens may need to be replaced with something like super beings  .... homo sapiens could go the neanderthals' way :dontknow: 

Preserving the ecosystem is important 

Edited by zen

25 minutes ago, panther said:

Let's be honest if there were no muslims in India no would give a flying * about cows, Wherever they go they create problems for others. 

That's just your assumption. Cows were respected in India for thousands of years especially in rural communities.

6 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Even after so much education you don't know simple multiplication :phehe:.1 Cow produces 10 calves in lifetime and live 20 years if 8 survive 4 will me male , totally useless, .So keep multiplying and tell what will be number of cows and bulls after 10-20-30-40-50 years.Don't slaughter now what will you do after 10-20-30 years. 

For other animals like dogs animal right activists sterilize them but dairy industry cannot sterilize cows as they will not give milk

Animals are not commodities like you make it sound in your post

Edited by zen

5 minutes ago, zen said:

Animals are not commodities like you make it sound in your post

For farmers animals are commodities and economic asset .There is no way you can do uncontrolled breeding of animal and then ask not to cull it.Take a look at Haryana , one of most cow fanatic state , people have almost stopped rearing cows because they don't give them good returns as buffaloes give , 80% of cattle population of Haryana is Buffalo.Farmers will always rear an animal that gives them good profit. If you are so dead against killing then ask Govt stop dairy farms of cows and like dogs only those who love them as pets should rear them .

and take a look how bulls are castrated

This has been happening from centuries nobody has problem with it.This is the way human civilization progressed liked it or not

1 hour ago, zen said:

If we were to forecast evolution of human beings, chances are that in the distant future, the term homo sapiens may need to be replaced with something like super beings  .... homo sapiens could go the neanderthals' way :dontknow: 

Preserving the ecosystem is important 

ecosystem is very cruel , survival of fittest  old herbivores  are regularly taken down by carnivores , now when humans want to cull them down you people start crying 

29 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

For farmers animals are commodities and economic asset .There is no way you can do uncontrolled breeding of animal and then ask not to cull it.Take a look at Haryana , one of most cow fanatic state , people have almost stopped rearing cows because they don't give them good returns as buffaloes give , 80% of cattle population of Haryana is Buffalo.Farmers will always rear an animal that gives them good profit. If you are so dead against killing then ask Govt stop dairy farms of cows and like dogs only those who love them as pets should rear them .

This has been happening from centuries nobody has problem with it.This is the way human civilization progressed liked it or not

Animals have right too even in the way they are handled .... whatever is done to animals (or humans) should follow proper humane procedures

What I implied in my last post was the above .... As we dont treat humans as commodities (many do though) even when we employ them for economic reasons, we should not treat animals as mere commodities 

Edited by zen

24 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

ecosystem is very cruel , survival of fittest  old herbivores  are regularly taken down by carnivores , now when humans want to cull them down you people start crying 

Not apples to apples, my friend .... Generally speaking, human activities are changing the planet including through practices such as carbon emissions, which negatively impacts the planet and natural habitats 

Humans have a choice. Making better choices including having pro ecosystem policies will produce better results / win-win for all

Edited by zen

1 hour ago, panther said:

Let's be honest if there were no muslims in India no would give a flying * about cows, Wherever they go they create problems for others. 

??? That's your ignorance talking.  Feeding a cow is considered a righteous thing to do by lot of Hindus.   To the extent that temples in US have in rural areas enable visitors to do this by keeping a cow or 2 on its premises.   

I will agree with you that the OTT fundamentalist 'protection' of cows is more of asserting the 'will of the majority' over the muslims.   Very retrogressive and foolish, no wonder the noises and actions associated with this issue are the criminal goonda types.  

One of the biggest flaws of statements such as "humans first, rest second" is that if human upliftment is not a priority, nothing else is. And this probably serves no one 

On the other hand, if the smallest, lightest, tenderest, nicest, most helpless, etc. is to be given priority or treated equally, it automatically implies that those considered or perceived to be higher in the value chain would need to be treated nicely. Creating a win/win 

To simplify, let's assume that humans = cars and animals = bicycles. Now see the statements below:

• I don't take care of my car (which implies that I would give even less priority to the bicycle)
  • I take care of my bicycle (which logically leads to I would take care of my car too, which cost me more than the bicycle) 

Therefore to create a genuine movement to uplift humans, one needs to start respecting others forms as well and treat them fairly 

Not apples to apples, my friend .... Generally speaking, human activities are changing the planet including through practices such as carbon emissions, which negatively impacts the planet and natural habitats 

Humans have a choice. Making better choices including having pro ecosystem policies will produce better results / win-win for all

By doing artificial insemination and forcing them to produce 10 calves we already interfere with eco system , just ban dairy industry for cows and problem solved

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Arre bhai, They castrate Bulls to domesticise them and use them in farming. Else these bulls give a lot of trouble while ploughing the field. Go and ask the villagers. Uncastrated ones are called "Saand" in Hindi, They are generally best for breeding while castrated one are called "Bail" and are good for ploughing

Arre bhai, They castrate Bulls to domesticise them and use them in farming. Else these bulls give a lot of trouble while ploughing the field. Go and ask the villagers. Uncastrated ones are called "Saand" in Hindi, They are generally best for breeding while castrated one are called "Bail" and are good for ploughing

I know bhai but can you castrate a human to make him docile , castrating human is mutilation while castrating animals is necessity , this is the difference between human and animal rights

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, zen said:

Animals have right too even in the way they are handled .... whatever is done to animals (or humans) should follow proper humane procedures

What I implied in my last post was the above .... As we dont treat humans as commodities (many do though) even when we employ them for economic reasons, we should not treat animals as mere commodities 

Why not ambulances for pigs? Goats?  Sheep? Crows?  Once you get past your own species, where do you draw the line?  

4 minutes ago, Brainfade said:

Why not ambulances for pigs? Goats?  Sheep? Crows?  Once you get past your own species, where do you draw the line?  

It should be for all animals. But in Ind, many are alien to the concept of treating animals (or even humans for the matter) well so I view this as a good start. If not for cows, people in Ind may not be even thinking about having ambulances for animals 

3 hours ago, mishra said:

And humans too

Ofc .... but note that in Ind, humans have option to call taxis, use neighbors, friends, etc. as well, along with having access to doctors who can visit at a short notice

Edited by zen

3 hours ago, zen said:

It should be for all animals. But in Ind, many are alien to the concept of treating animals (or even humans for the matter) well so I view this as a good start. If not for cows, people in Ind may not be even thinking about having ambulances for animals 

All, eh? At least a million species known to man. Draw the line and tell us why.