Jeez Dhawan in good form

Dhawan's back-foot play and handling of the short ball has improved a lot in the last 6 to 8 months.

We are seeing a more pronounced back and across trigger movement.

He is pulling much better and  leaving the short balls better as a result.

He was always a good cutter but his ability to cut the quick and rising ball has improved  ( we saw this often in CT 17 )

His off-stump weakness still remains though but may have corrected a bit.

I  expect him to do decently in tests from now on unless the ball is moving around.

I would keep him as the back-up 3rd opener for tests.

In one of the threads, I posted that he was going to score a daddy century and possibly a double century. 190 was damn close. He has now sealed his spot as an opener for the next 2 years. No way Vijay is coming back as an opener unless one of Dhawan and Rahul is injured. Kohli and Dhawan are close buddies so this knock is more than enough for Virat to continue him as an opener in all formats. Bechara Vijay. 

Edited by WC2011INDIA
47 minutes ago, WC2011INDIA said:

In one of the threads, I posted that he was going to score a daddy century and possibly a double century. 190 was damn close. He has now sealed his spot as an opener for the next 2 years. No way Vijay is coming back as an opener unless one of Dhawan and Rahul is injured. Kohli and Dhawan are close buddies so this knock is more than enough for Virat to continue him as an opener in all formats. Bechara Vijay. 

Few failures for Pujara and Rohit slogs a few a gets a 100 somehow , we have a complete "selfie wala" batting linup for tests 

Kudos. Customary life he gives early on. In 2016 he was dropped because good teams held on the to the catch practice he was giving early on. This guys needs lives to thrive! Good that he is cashing on the chances, very useful 3rd opener option for India, better than Mukund. I guess when KL gets back, he will naturally take over Mukund.

Edited by coffee_rules