Dhoni's standing in the pantheon of ODI legends/greats?

SK_IH

Dhoni's standing in the pantheon of ODI legends/greats?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Dhoni's standing in the pantheon of ODI legends/greats?

• All time Great Top 5
    • All time Great Top 10
    • Indian Great,thats it
    • Good batsman,who selfishly played for his stats
    • Average batsman,nothing special

1 minute ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Tbh Lara was a lot more consistent than SRT against the best attacks of the time (strictly in ODIs). While SRT was more explosive, Lara got the big scores more often against the likes of SA/PAK/AUS. I also think his peak (93-97) lasted longer than SRT's (96-98). The one area where SRT scored over Lara was their performances in tournament finals. Lara had one truly great innings (153 at Sharjah against a peak Waqar in 93') but apart from that didn't do much.

it was a lot easier for Lara to be consistent against top attacks than tendy back then too. because India mostly played tri-lateral ODI tourneys. WI played 5 match ODI bilateral series a lot. Easier to get into rhythm when you see the same guys over and over again too.

Still, tendy handily out-performed Lara in everything- explosiveness, reliability, control of innings and consistency in ODIs durint that period. Also, i think tendulkar's peak lasted from 94-2003 as ODI batsman. He had a poor season as captain first time but besides that, not much to fault during those ten years. Sachin's 98 was just...mindblowing to be honest. 

5 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

it was a lot easier for Lara to be consistent against top attacks than tendy back then too. because India mostly played tri-lateral ODI tourneys. WI played 5 match ODI bilateral series a lot. Easier to get into rhythm when you see the same guys over and over again too.

Still, tendy handily out-performed Lara in everything- explosiveness, reliability, control of innings and consistency in ODIs durint that period. Also, i think tendulkar's peak lasted from 94-2003 as ODI batsman. He had a poor season as captain first time but besides that, not much to fault during those ten years. Sachin's 98 was just...mindblowing to be honest. 

Well Lara was superb even while playing tri-series. Here are a couple of examples where he delivered big time against top-notch sides in tri-nation tournaments:

vs SA and PAK in 1992/93 in SA

vs AUS and PAK in AUS in 96/97

So his excellence isn't restricted to bilateral series. And Tendulkar had his share of bilateral series against PAK/WI in the mid to late 90s (remember all those Sahara Cups?). As for consistency, Lara clearly made the big scores far more often against the best attacks and ended up with better raw stats against them so I don't see how Tendulkar out performs him in that regard. SRT was however more explosive, more likely to deliver in the finals and batted in the top order for twice as long which counts in his favour. Both of them were ordinary while batting in the middle order.

4 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

@Khotaapply some kotha facts to the polls please :giggle:

You are special kind of stupid like I mentioned but let me help.

Poll reflects what most people feel about him. His total contribution to Indian cricket is very positive and he has won a lot.

That is why pollsters hold him in high esteem.

What I am trying to get across the thick head of your extremely unsuccessfully is that under current form he does not deserve a spot. Why is that difficult to understand. I am talking about Dhoni and his present form.

Delusional posters alike you are living in the past.

History belongs in the books not on cricket fields.

Now repeat after me slowly that "you are stupid"

33 minutes ago, Khota said:

You are special kind of stupid like I mentioned but let me help.

Poll reflects what most people feel about him. His total contribution to Indian cricket is very positive and he has won a lot.

That is why pollsters hold him in high esteem.

What I am trying to get across the thick head of your extremely unsuccessfully is that under current form he does not deserve a spot. Why is that difficult to understand. I am talking about Dhoni and his present form.

Delusional posters alike you are living in the past.

History belongs in the books not on cricket fields.

Now repeat after me slowly that "you are stupid"

Talking about a guy with average of 91 with 2nd highest runs in the team LOL more you post more less i believe in your fake Khota logics:hysterical:

9 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Talking about a guy with average of 91 with 2nd highest runs in the team LOL more you post more less i believe in your fake Khota logics:hysterical:

Talking about a guy who did nothing in CT and you believe will fail against Australia. 

10 minutes ago, Khota said:

My stats are solid. He is no good. Can you show me where I made up stats or you are just lying?

Your stats are crap just like your "I believe  all rounders are like unicorns and they don't exist line" so we agree pant is no good since he can't even break into team ahead of pandey after A tour. Good we are getting somewhere 

Edited by Rasgulla
5 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Your stats are crap just like your "I believe  all rounders are like unicorns and they don't exist line" so we agree pant is no good since he can't even break into team ahead of pandey after A tour. Good we are getting somewhere 

I not getting anywhere with you. Facts are not your friends.

2 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:what facts are we talking about that pandey made it through from doing well in A squad and other dude didn't? :hysterical:

Clueless. We are talking about dhoni and how bad he is. What you are doing is called deflection.

Edited by Khota