[POLL] Who is going to trouble us most in the overseas assignments of 2018?

Gollum

Our biggest nemesis in the overseas assignments of 2018  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Batsman who will plunder our bowling

2. 2. Bowler who will floor our batsmen

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/21/2018 at 02:30 PM

Each tour will have it's own challenges and heroes which we will make,it ll be difficult to single out any .So my take on the topic per series :

SA - FAF and Rabada 

Eng - Root and Broad 

Aus -Smith ( hope he doesn't score 100 per match ) and Hazlewood

Apart from the above mentioned,there ll superstars we will make in each tour,most likely a batsman.

1 hour ago, SK_IH said:

Each tour will have it's own challenges and heroes which we will make,it ll be difficult to single out any .So my take on the topic per series :

SA - FAF and Rabada 

Eng - Root and Broad 

Aus -Smith ( hope he doesn't score 100 per match ) and Hazlewood

Apart from the above mentioned,there ll superstars we will make in each tour,most likely a batsman.

I understand the point but there will surely be one from each discipline who will completely own us. Last time Smith owned us with the bat (close to 800 runs !!!!) and Anderson with the ball (especially the last 3 tests). 

Edited by Gollum

Amla, Root, Warner and Broad with 0 votes :suspicious:

Warner got 3 100s in 2014-15.

Root has always batted well against us and was top scorer last time around as well.

Amla, except the last 2 series' has always enjoyed our bowling.

Broad too demolished us in 2011 and 2014. 

9 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Amla, Root, Warner and Broad with 0 votes :suspicious:

Warner got 3 100s in 2014-15.

Root has always batted well against us and was top scorer last time around as well.

Amla, except the last 2 series' has always enjoyed our bowling.

Broad too demolished us in 2011 and 2014. 

Amala nay do a Inzi. Iirc we allway used to get him out cheaply. But at the end of his career, he started scoring. Law of averages may catch up

18 hours ago, Gollum said:

How will we get Smith out? We have never won in Australia and under Smith that citadel won't fall in 2018 either :((. No other batsmen has given me this much heartburn as this monster, be it in test cricket or the 2015 CWC SF. 

we won't. just get the other 10 out cheaply, gollum-ji. my picks are smith and clouderson.

15 hours ago, Vijy said:

we won't. just get the other 10 out cheaply, gollum-ji. my picks are smith and clouderson.

Interesting that you went with Cloudy considering that we are playing the tests there in September !!! Don't you think we will be more undercooked against Rabada in January. We are playing T20s/ODIs before tests in UK plus bigger gap post IPL, so we should do better there. 

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Interesting that you went with Cloudy considering that we are playing the tests there in September !!! Don't you think we will be more undercooked against Rabada in January. We are playing T20s/ODIs before tests in UK plus bigger gap post IPL, so we should do better there. 

it's about the pschology - cloudy-boy gets in the minds and tempers of our batsmen easily. plus, it's a 5 test series if I remember correctly (more opportunities to take wkts). i also expect eng to rely more on home advantage than saffers as they are more reliant on such tactics, although even the latter will undoubtedly give us some green pitches.

3 minutes ago, Vijy said:

it's about the pschology - cloudy-boy gets in the minds and tempers of our batsmen easily. plus, it's a 5 test series if I remember correctly (more opportunities to take wkts). i also expect eng to rely more on home advantage than saffers as they are more reliant on such tactics, although even the latter will undoubtedly give us some green pitches.

SA haven't given green pitches to India since at least 2006/2007. Do think it is going to happen this time though ;)