Bhopal: In a bid to make him look fair, mother scrubs five-year-old boy with stone

velu

Police rescued a five-year-old boy on Sunday after coming to know that the woman who adopted him was scrubbing his body with a black stone hoping to make him look fair.

Following a call from the daughter of woman’s elder sister, the Child Line team rescued the boy.

According to the complainant, Shobna Sharma, the woman, Sudha Tiwari, a government school teacher in Nishatpura area adopted the boy from Uttrakhand one and a half years ago.

She claimed that the child was brought to Bhopal but her aunt was not happy with the boy’s complexion and began attempting various things to make him look fair.

However, after someone suggesting a treatment with a stone, the woman began scrubbing the child’s body with black stone leaving the boy with scars and injuries on his body.

The kid after being rescued was rushed to Hamidia hospital where he was treated and later sent to Child Line centre for further inquiry. He will be produced before the child welfare commission members on Monday.

The complainant further alleged that despite her several attempts, Sudha never stopped harassing and torturing the child, hence she decided to seek help from Child Line and police.

a21d83f0-03a3-4432-b2de-a6eed73986ed.png
:facepalm: 

Comments on children & teenagers regarding their skin color is a common occurrence in families in India. The way relatives chide the kid infront of everyone during a family get together or a function because of having dark skin, short height, crooked teeth etc. is outright bullying. This crushes their confidence & makes them suffer from social anxiety for years.
In this case the woman who adopted this kid is a twisted one, don't know whether procedures were followed properly or not in this adoption.

Insecurity galore. I have noticed not just trying to be fair...many Indians in America hardly engage w/ local groups. Never react, never fightback. When I fight back or react back...ppl often get surprised. They think all Indians are yes sir, ok sir, no sir types. 

15 minutes ago, Texy said:

Insecurity galore. I have noticed not just trying to be fair...many Indians in America hardly engage w/ local groups. Never react, never fightback. When I fight back or react back...ppl often get surprised. They think all Indians are yes sir, ok sir, no sir types. 

To be “ fair” fair skin obsession is there even in USA.... not just from a racial perspective but you see even African American celebrities getting a bit lighter once they get fame...not just to the Michael Jackson extreme but their skin tone gets a bit lighter.

On 4/2/2018 at 3:48 PM, maniac said:

To be “ fair” fair skin obsession is there even in USA.... not just from a racial perspective but you see even African American celebrities getting a bit lighter once they get fame...not just to the Michael Jackson extreme but their skin tone gets a bit lighter.

I have noticed that in case of Indian actors/actresses well...most of them get whiter as their career grow...Don't know how...

Edited by riya

7 minutes ago, riya said:

I have noticed that in case of Indian actors/actresses well...most of them get whiter as their career grow...Don't know how...

Skin whitening treatment. From the time of Hema Malini, Rekha to Deepika many dusky actresses go for it.