Pujara's county performance thread

Thing is we desperately need Che in home tests, he is our best batsman on turners...without him we would have lost the Aus series, perhaps even SA 2015. Ideally we should play Che and Karun at home and Rahane+someone else overseas. 

Karun Nair has been long forgotten by the management. If he'd been in the reckoning, he could've at least been a part of the test squad for SL tests at home. Yes, he was quite poor in the tests against Aus, but if Rohit is given so much LAAD-DULAAR, so why not a kid who hit a triple century?

Karun Nair has been long forgotten by the management. If he'd been in the reckoning, he could've at least been a part of the test squad for SL tests at home. Yes, he was quite poor in the tests against Aus, but if Rohit is given so much LAAD-DULAAR, so why not a kid who hit a triple century?

Thats because Rohit is talunted. But seriously Nair has been aweful that series against Aus. He also dropped regulation slip catches. One of them was Warner's in the last test match. Its our good fortune that Warner didnt last long. Can't imagine that smug foul-mouthed cheat on twitter trolling Indian players.

Edited by Garuda

Thats because Rohit is talunted. But seriously Nair has been aweful that series against Aus. He also dropped regulation slip catches. One of them was Warner's in the last test match. Its our good fortune that Warner didnt last long. Can't imagine that smug foul-mouthed cheat on twitter trolling Indian players.

Yes Karun was extremely poor in that series & dropped catches too. I dont have any problem if team management keeps him on the bench for a few matches but at least he will in the loop. If Mr.Talunted can keep his place without much contribution against SA, Eng, Aus in home tests, then why cant Karun? I'm no big fan of Karun at all, just pointing out the bias.

Get Shaw in for Pujara, I am sure he can get average of 20.30 atleast in England. Get Shubman for Rohit, because i am sure he can average more than 9.34. I really don't see any other Indian batsman making runs overseas from domestic cricket. 

Shaw technique is as good as a dhawan or rohit. He ll struggle badly tht to in england 

Shubhman is much more compact , he shud be taken to A-tour

Get Shaw in for Pujara, I am sure he can get average of 20.30 atleast in England. Get Shubman for Rohit, because i am sure he can average more than 9.34. I really don't see any other Indian batsman making runs overseas from domestic cricket. 

Anderson and Broad will finish Shaw's career, kid's not ready yet...may be we can think about him in 2020, will be better if we ease him in home matches against easy attacks though. 

Anderson and Broad will finish Shaw's career, kid's not ready yet...may be we can think about him in 2020, will be better if we ease him in home matches against easy attacks though. 

Then how will we know whether he can cut it when the time comes to play tough attacks?

You build a degenerative cycle by protecting him. Give him an exam, and let him prove himself. 

Then how will we know whether he can cut it when the time comes to play tough attacks?

You build a degenerative cycle by protecting him. Give him an exam, and let him prove himself. 

Now is not the time for experiments. We were massacred on our previous 2 tours to Eng and have a horrible reputation overseas post 2011. Now is the time to fix the awful record, need to back our experienced horses because even the no 1 ranking is on the line. Vijay was our top scorer last tour and KLR is the greatest talent to emerge this decade, those 2 should be given 1st preference. Besides Vijay is already 34, we need to use him these coming 12 months or so, after that may be gradually ease a youngster in his place. 

Now is not the time for experiments. We were massacred on our previous 2 tours to Eng and have a horrible reputation overseas post 2011. Now is the time to fix the awful record, need to back our experienced horses because even the no 1 ranking is on the line. Vijay was our top scorer last tour and KLR is the greatest talent to emerge this decade, those 2 should be given 1st preference. Besides Vijay is already 34, we need to use him these coming 12 months or so, after that may be gradually ease a youngster in his place. 

So you suggest backing a proven failure in Pujara, and then in the same breath eulogise about the importance of the series? How very contradictory. 

Allow me to refer to a quote constructed by Josep Guardiola i Sala:

''Taking no risk is the biggest risk you can take.''

Edited by lamellavig