‘If someone provokes me, I’ll give it back’ - Rishabh Pant on banter with Tim Paine

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/india-vs-australia-if-someone-provokes-me-i-ll-give-it-back-rishabh-pant-on-banter-with-tim-paine/story-z0Hxi0obrCSN9xr0mIjEPN.html

The Test series between India and Australia produced a lot of quality cricket but one other thing that caught the attention of cricket fans during the series was the constant banter between the Indian and Australian players.

While batting, Rishabh Pant was constantly sledged by the Australia skipper Tim Paine who asked the youngster if he can do babysitting when he (Paine) takes his wife for the movie.

“Tell you what big MS is back in the one day squad. Should get this bloke down to Hurricanes.. They need a batter. Fancy that extend you Aussie holiday, beautiful town Hobart too... get him a water front apartment. Have him over for dinner. Do you babysit? I can take my wife to the movies while you watch the kids,” Paine said.

The extent of the banter reached such levels that Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison told Pant during an event: “Aah yes! You sledges right? You are very welcome. We like competitive game.”

When asked about the banter, Pant said that it was all in good spirit but he will give it back if anyone provokes him.

“That’s how I am. If someone provokes me, I’ll give it back. I had a duty to do for my team. But I know the code of conduct. I remember my values. I have sledged and people have actually loved it,” he told The Times of India.

India won the Test series 2-1 with Pant playing a major role in deciding the fate of the series. He scored 350 runs in four Tests and in the final match, he played an innings of 159* on a single day to put them in a commanding position.

15 minutes ago, maniac said:

@Switchblade do you work for doordarshan news?

All I see are the occasional copy paste articles, the occasional Troll votes and may be the odd post when you “suspect” someone of having a duplicate ID

Don’t get that much time now that is why ocasional posts miss your @sage Id though.But your comebacks retirements will make Afridi very proud :p:

Edited by Switchblade
3 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Don’t get that much time now that is why ocasional posts miss your @sage Id though.But your comebacks retirements will make Afridi very proud :p:

What do you mean  another id. So the present “ids”( according to you) bas nahi hue tujhe?  :laugh: kaali phokat aur troll vote karega :giggle: will save you time since you are bijee.

Just now, Vilander said:

he acted like a puppy there. being friendly on the ground and being cute with his sledging, posing for pics with kids etc.

Comes back to India and says 'i will give it back' lol what? give what back? 

Firstly there was nothing wrong with what Paine said. It was in good taste and same goes for  Pant. The banter was fun within boundaries of good taste.

In fact I am happy he didn’t get carried away and over do it and kept it reasonable.

3 hours ago, Vilander said:

he acted like a puppy there. being friendly on the ground and being cute with his sledging, posing for pics with kids etc.

Comes back to India and says 'i will give it back' lol what? give what back? 

"When asked about the banter, Pant said that it was all in good spirit but he will give it back if anyone provokes him."

He meant what happened with Paine was in good spirit, not provocation.

4 hours ago, maniac said:

Firstly there was nothing wrong with what Paine said. It was in good taste and same goes for  Pant. The banter was fun within boundaries of good taste.

In fact I am happy he didn’t get carried away and over do it and kept it reasonable.

Yeah but what he will give back ? Sounds funny.