Krunal Pandya vs Imad Wasim

maniac

This Imad guy is a bonafide darter but somehow gets the job against most white  and minnow teams. Also I have never seen him bat before until the recent Pak odi series where he looked decent and seems to be a little better than a hack.

Reminds me a lot of Krunal Pandya.

Both have a place in tontee tontee

Just now, sandeep said:

Krunal would already be Pakistan Captain now if he was a greenbro.  

What has Pandya accomplished? Wasim wasn’t he a top T20 bowler recently?  He is bang average but he is fine for T20 however  he looked like a decent batsman from a small sample size of 2 games I saw.

Dont you go Gaga over Krunal though?

1 minute ago, Clarke said:

Their bowling is so similar. Looks mostly two trajectories, flight coming into the right hander and then turning away from right hander or ball going straight on. Good variations in pace & landing area keeps them afloat.

I would have said Pandya the better batsman but haven’t seen much of Krunal except that one innings against WI. Imad looks like a decent bat too, not a total hack.

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

What has Pandya accomplished? Wasim wasn’t he a top T20 bowler recently?  He is bang average but he is fine for T20 however  he looked like a decent batsman from a small sample size of 2 games I saw.

Dont you go Gaga over Krunal though?

Krunal has a lot to prove before he can contend for an India slot - but he's miles ahead of Imad as a batsman, and at an absolute minimum, is almost as good a bowler. 

Just now, sandeep said:

Krunal has a lot to prove before he can contend for an India slot - but he's miles ahead of Imad as a batsman, and at an absolute minimum, is almost as good a bowler. 

What are you basing this off of?

I am not saying Imad is outright better but from the 2-3 knocks I have seen of him for example the recent odi series, he isn’t too bad. The again Pakistani batsmen flatter to deceive.

6 minutes ago, sandeep said:

so what are you saying then?

Both seem to be same kind of players and at the same level with Imad slightly ahead at this point

Imad has done alright in the last few ODIs. Would Krunal fit in our current scheme of things?

Edited by maniac
Just now, maniac said:

Both seem to be same kind of players and at the same level with Imad slightly ahead at this point

Imad has done alright in the last few ODIs. Would Krunal fit in our current scheme of things?

Imad is an ODI Jadeja level batsman, Krunal can be expected to compete for a #6 batsman slot.  Gap in their batting capabilities is significant.  Bowling is comparable - obviously Imad has had lot more opportunities at the int'l level so has more on his resume.  

As far as Krunal and the Indian ODI team goes, he has to dislodge Jadhav to get in - I don't think a finger spinner can be counted on for 10 overs given current rules.  So he has to bat at a much higher level, put up big scores to compete with Kedar.  And tbh, I don't think he's as good.  He's more a DK level bat - good for quickfire cameos and the odd good innings. 

So for ODIs, for the Indian team, his batting and bowling fall just short of being good enough.  But his batting would make him good enough to bat ahead of Malik and Hafeez in the Pakistani setup.  And his temperament and relative youth would elevate him to a captaincy candidate.  After all, you don't have to do much to outdo Sarfraz.  He's shyte. 

1 minute ago, maniac said:

It was Roston Chase and he just took a 8fr and won his team a test

You have no sense of shame in outright lying do you.  

Unless you change it - Blackwood is still in your signature, Chase isn't.  And you went back and forth between those 2 names, even resorting to changing the thread title after the fact, then posted that you were intentionally doing to make a point about "racism", and said you were anointing Blackwood all along.  

Edited by sandeep
1 minute ago, sandeep said:

You have no sense of shame in outright lying do you.  

:mama:as you probably are a  member of the Pandya family, my commiserations on an average performance but why are you derailing this thread by bringing up something else.

Just now, maniac said:

:mama:as you probably are a  member of the Pandya family, my commiserations on an average performance but why are you derailing this thread by bringing up something else.

I have consistently said that Krunal has to make his case at the int'l level - preferring even Washington Sundar ahead of him.  But the reason to bring up just one obviously moronic example of your "cricketing acumen" is to provide context to your assertion that Imad "gareebon ka Jadeja" is better than Krunal.  

Just like you tried to jump on the early bandwagon for Munro, PJ Moor, Duckett, Blackwood, Ranshaw (sic), this 'analysis' of yours has as much basis as your declaration that Ravindra Jadeja is a useless test cricket bowler and somehow undeservingly became #1 test bowler.  

Just now, sandeep said:

I have consistently said that Krunal has to make his case at the int'l level - preferring even Washington Sundar ahead of him.  But the reason to bring up just one obviously moronic example of your "cricketing acumen" is to provide context to your assertion that Imad "gareebon ka Jadeja" is better than Krunal.  

Just like you tried to jump on the early bandwagon for Munro, PJ Moor, Duckett, Blackwood, Ranshaw (sic), this 'analysis' of yours has as much basis as your declaration that Ravindra Jadeja is a useless test cricket bowler and somehow undeservingly became #1 test bowler.  

Lol dude why are you getting agitated. Did I hit a nerve. Imad is better than Krunal period. My apologies if he is related to you but right now Krunal is bang average.