Sign in to follow this  
sergio04

Missing Gautam Gambhir?

We need at least two technical batsmen at 4 and 5. Even 85 strike rate will do. Our bowling is good enough.

The top order melted like butter today and it was insufferable to watch.just play inside the line for 10 overs and in the v. Kartik scored runs as an opener in 2007 tests. I really hoped he would play till over 25.really disappointed.

1 minute ago, Sooda said:

Agree, easy to forget how many crucial knocks he has played for India. He would be in my All time India ODI team, at 3, Virat at 4.

among 3-6, I reckon that yuvi, MSD, rat take up 3 slots. it leaves just one more - to me the only two major contenders are dravid and gauti, but I am also slightly inclined to go with gauti.

Are you kidding me ? This same clutch player would be fishing all day against Boult in even slightly favorable conditions and giving slips catch practice.  There's a reason why he was dropped from test and ODI side. He developed technical problems against seamers with the new ball and was terrible outside the off stump.

As always, someone who is not in the side becomes the "best" player. lol

Edited by kubrickian

On 7/10/2019 at 9:01 PM, SrinjayDutta said:

We need at least two technical batsmen at 4 and 5. Even 85 strike rate will do. Our bowling is good enough.

The top order melted like butter today and it was insufferable to watch.just play inside the line for 10 overs and in the v. Kartik scored runs as an opener in 2007 tests. I really hoped he would play till over 25.really disappointed.

Don't need technical bat at 5. 5, 6, 7 require big hitters.

35 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

Are you kidding me ? This same clutch player would be fishing all day against Boult in even slightly favorable conditions and giving slips catch practice.  There's a reason why he was dropped from test and ODI side. He developed technical problems against seamers with the new ball and was terrible outside the off stump.

At his best, he could play any bowler. He regressed when he was dropped.

5 hours ago, kubrickian said:

agreed.