"Cutting Back" $1.3 Billion Aid Improved Relations With Pak: Trump !!!

velu

ifft6mdc_donald-trump-imran-khan-reuters

"I cut back USD 1.3 billion a year to Pakistan. When I cut it back, I have a better relationship with - as you know, we have a great relationship. Prime Minister came in," Trump told reporters at Bedminster in New Jersey on Sunday.

Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan visited the US last month. Trump hosted Mr Khan for a meeting at the White House.

"We have a great relationship with Pakistan now. We had a really good meeting," Trump said, referring to his meeting with Mr Khan.

"So, what happened: I cut back USD 1.3 billion. We have a better relationship now," he said, arguing that foreign aid has little relevance to a relationship with a country.

"I also cut it back on the Palestinians because they speak very badly about our country. So I cut it back on the Palestinians. We were paying USD 500 billion (sic) a year, and now we're paying nothing. I think we're going to get further because I could see opening that up again," Trump said.

:rotfl:  

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/donald-trump-on-us-pakistan-relations-says-cutting-1-3-billion-aid-improved-us-pakistan-ties-2087283