Shame on Pak Govt ripping off Sikhs

sandeep

Its just a random tragedy that put KartarpurSahib on the Pakistani side of the border.  And now these guys want to charge $20 per pilgrim to visit.  That's around 50 to 100 million dollars a year that these guys want to collect from the Indian government.  For a religious site that is like Mecca for Sikhs.  

And on the flip side, Indian govt doesn't rip off Pakistanis who come to India for medical treatment.  In fact, many hospitals even discount and subsidize their treatment.

Extremely excessive and pathetic -  a nominal fee like 100 or 200 rupees would still have made a lot of profits for them - but these greedy thieves have no shame.  I shouldn't be surprised, they are used to doing the same thing to their own people after all.   I just saw that their Airports authority collected 15 billion rupees from pakistanis in "fees" that were not authorized or accounted for.  Greenbros need to wake up and fight for some basic rights and get some azaadi in pure-land.

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2019/09/16/world/asia/16reuters-india-pakistan-corridor.html

Edited by sandeep

5 hours ago, Aiden said:

You admit that Kartarpur is as religious for Sikhs as Holy Kaaba for Muslims. You have no problem for Indian Muslims to pay thousands of dollars for a trip to Kaaba but crying fool for a mere 20 bucks for Kartarpur.

yeah cause a 1-2 hour trip by bus from Amritsar to Kartarpur is the same cost as  than a trip by air for Indians....

There is literally no cost for Pakistanis to demand such a hefty tax. As sandeep said Rs 200 (INR) per person should have been enough to cover the cost of running the entire corridor efficiently . I think the eventual capacity per day is like 50,000. 

This extra Rs1200 plus (INR) on top is just a means for the Pak army to generate money in the guise of providing fudge all protection.

It should be VISA free travel as people visiting there are not visting Pakistan or staying in hotel. Just like Balaji temples, The whole administrative control of the Kartar pur Sahib should be given to Shiromani Guradwara Prabandhak Comittee as they are legal guradians to Sikh temples

8 hours ago, Aiden said:

You admit that Kartarpur is as religious for Sikhs as Holy Kaaba for Muslims. You have no problem for Indian Muslims to pay thousands of dollars for a trip to Kaaba but crying fool for a mere 20 bucks for Kartarpur.

What gives the Islamic Republic of Pakistan the right to collect such a fee?  What are they providing the pilgrims for that fee?  Building a road and a fence?  Putting a couple of chowkidars to process the paperwork?  It should be the Sikh Gurudwara committee that owns the temple, and handles the revenue.  

Have the balls to admit that the Pakistani state is using this as an opportunity to make money.   I know for a fact that the average Pakistani person is not a shameless beyghairat, its the kleptocracy that runs the state apparatus that is criminal and corrupt.    I know that ignorant greenbros have been brainwashed and trained into reflexively defending anything and everything "their"  government does.  But stop, think,  and make an effort to use those brain cells that all human beings are born with.

3 hours ago, Under_Score said:

'Nankana Sahib'....the birth place of Guru Nanak Dev ji....It would've been so good if it was not on the other side of the Border. 

I hope India grows some balls and does a coup. All it needs is 5000 armed/unarmed Sikhs Soldiers occupy it and tell India and Pakistan that they are not leaving the place unless its annexed to India.

I am sure, Doval sir and rest of world will be forced to do something positive 

Edited by mishra