Umesh yadav-pretty impressive.

To be honest, Ishant was working up good pace. He bowled consistently above 88 mph. Isnt it surprising how fast the tables turn. About a couple of months back, all we had was trundlers galore. And now, we seem to have 3 bowlers who can hit 90mph almost at will. And there are atleast 3 bowlers in the domestic circuit capable of bowling at the same pace. Although didnt watch the match, would be interested to know if Yadav bowls yorkers or not. With his action, it wont be difficult for him to bowl yorkers at good pace. Will be a real threat to tailenders ! Saw one ball towards the end of innings from him at 146 and by jove, it was an effortless delievery !

Umesh has a slight flaw in his action which slants most of his deliveries to the leg side aptly pointed out by Walsh about his follow thru where his leg doesn't come around quickly, also he will have to learn to seam the ball, at this point he only has pace , not express though, also looks a bit threatening when the ball is reversing , a long way to go , but a start nevertheless.He sprays the ball too much , also doesn't seem to have a stock ball to rely on, hopefully more he plays better he will get.

To be honest, Ishant was working up good pace. He bowled consistently above 88 mph. Isnt it surprising how fast the tables turn. About a couple of months back, all we had was trundlers galore. And now, we seem to have 3 bowlers who can hit 90mph almost at will. And there are atleast 3 bowlers in the domestic circuit capable of bowling at the same pace. Although didnt watch the match, would be interested to know if Yadav bowls yorkers or not. With his action, it wont be difficult for him to bowl yorkers at good pace. Will be a real threat to tailenders ! Saw one ball towards the end of innings from him at 146 and by jove, it was an effortless delievery !
Ishant was bowling really quick, lots of deliveries at around 143 k. His average speed was 139.9 k in a test match, really good. The problem is he was not always aiming at the stumps and as he is not a skidder but depends on bounce ( of which there was none on offer from this pitch ) he was not that effective against the tail. 3 bowlers bowling above 140 k and moving the ball also. The tables have turned indeed. I think this is the fastest test attack we have ever had. Which 3 domestic bowlers are you talking about -- Rahul Shukla, Nechim and Shammi Ahmed ?
Umesh has a slight flaw in his action which slants most of his deliveries to the leg side aptly pointed out by Walsh about his follow thru where his leg doesn't come around quickly' date=' also he will have to learn to seam the ball, at this point he only has pace , not express though, also looks a bit threatening when the ball is reversing , a long way to go , but a start nevertheless.He sprays the ball too much , also doesn't seem to have a stock ball to rely on, hopefully more he plays better he will get.[/quote'] Umesh was reversing the old ball and, in the second innings, moving the new ball both ways. Seam movement won't be consistently noticable unless we get seaming conditions. He mainly needs to get his line right.

still on sold on the bloke; he did not seem to cause any discomfort for the batsmen, if anything he was just fast enough for stroke making, and not fast enough to cause miss-strokes... no inside edges, no unintended chinese cuts, no knicks that fell short (or carries, well save for one), no inswinging yorker... nothing. he is bland like the next door girl who may appear to have the goods, but is nothing to get excited about when you do see her strip. no i am not a peeping tom, i just happen to live next two two sisters.

still on sold on the bloke; he did not seem to cause any discomfort for the batsmen, if anything he was just fast enough for stroke making, and not fast enough to cause miss-strokes... no inside edges, no unintended chinese cuts, no knicks that fell short (or carries, well save for one), no inswinging yorker... nothing. he is bland like the next door girl who may appear to have the goods, but is nothing to get excited about when you do see her strip. no i am not a peeping tom, i just happen to live next two two sisters.
He is not a finished article yet. I am sure he will improve and get better. We rarely get ready made top class cricketers.
24 yrs
Good news for India... he Looks an effortless 90mph bowler who can swing the ball as well ... World cricket needs such bowlers who can bowl fast in test matches like yadav there arent many left of this kind... As much as i saw him his lengths were very good just needs to focus on lines but that was just his 1st test he will improve with every game...
does any one who follows the domestic scene confirm if umesh is as wayward in FC cricket.
he is far settled but slower in FC cricket.. i feel he was enthusiastic and tried his level best that is why he got 2 wickets finally....as there is a famous saying Hard work always pays...had he been a little smarter he wud have got 2 to 3 wicekts in first innings too... but yes he is blessed with great pace.
Deadly Pace...Umesh must have bowled at 30 balls above 146K..which is great pace... i bet he wud have got more wicekts had he been try to hit the wickets most often ..i mean on the stumps or on the 4th and 5th Stumps( imaginary).
that is very good pace specially in test matches....

The pace is useless in this wicket.Once it hits the wicket it comes on slow to the bat and batsmen have time to adjust.Thats why he didnt look too threatening but still bowled heart out and dismissed a set batsmen when Edwards looked untroubled against spinners.He also dismissed Baugh with good reverse swing too. When Fidel was bowling yesterday most were raving about him and comparing to Yadav and pointing out Yadav is poor.Yet he too hardly bowled any great deliveries and most of edges came from shots played to ball outside the off stump. On a wicket like this how can a fast bowler be expected to bowl great wicket taking deliveries seriously? Considering the pitch he bowled and also being on debut he was very impressive IMO.