A note to non- Indian Team Fans

zen

Quite a lot of saints in this thread.. most of you insult my country,our players and the team..and in your case rett you have insulted  my country's heritage.. every single match thread that involves SL is full of hate and insults.. Lungans,loins,bhikaris,beggars you name it..I've seen it all at ICF... whingakkara,lady jaya,Mahila.. the list goes on .. i don't care them  not being appreciated... but i have a problem when they are insulted endlessly.. and I retaliate harshly, I accept. 

The problem with you is that you paint everyone with the same brush, I have joined the forum recently but I see many posters here who appreciate good performances by players from other teams, on the other hand I see you regularly ridiculing and belittling Indian team's performances sometimes in threads which do not even involve your team. Obviously as mentioned by the OP the comments will be biased ,this is a forum for fans for Indian Cricket teams and players, but not everyone indulges in what you claim to be retaliating to.

The problem with you is that you paint everyone with the same brush, I have joined the forum recently but I see many posters here who appreciate good performances by players from other teams, on the other hand I see you regularly ridiculing and belittling Indian team's performances sometimes in threads which do not even involve your team. Obviously as mentioned by the OP the comments will be biased ,this is a forum for fans for Indian Cricket teams and players, but not everyone indulges in what you claim to be retaliating to.

Mate,when you get used to seeing 90% insults,you tend to lose sight of the good 10%.. yeah I agree there's the odd 1 or 2 non hater.. (TBH can't remember the last time I saw anything non insulting to SL in ICF.. heck ,can't remember the last time I saw lankan instead of Lungan )

Anyways I do feel bad if you and the other new comers felt I was hostile towards India..that's not the case..  If the unnecessary insults stop from the haters, I don't have any problem in changing my ways. If they continue,i will keep attacking until rett gets his wish of banning me..

Mate,when you get used to seeing 90% insults,you tend to lose sight of the good 10%.. yeah I agree there's the odd 1 or 2 non hater.. (TBH can't remember the last time I saw anything non insulting to SL in ICF.. heck ,can't remember the last time I saw lankan instead of Lungan )

Anyways I do feel bad if you and the other new comers felt I was hostile towards India..that's not the case..  If the unnecessary insults stop from the haters, I don't have any problem in changing my ways. If they continue,i will keep attacking until rett gets his wish of banning me..

we call our own players maggi rat,dhobi etc ,so whats the big deal calling whinga,lady etc or chucker ,fixer lol .this forum has been like this for years,its nothing new,its all fun ,now I am glad that no one else whines like you and preach what you tell first because you yourself write crap about india and still you are not banned or warned ,this shows the freedom of expression on this forum

Anyways I do feel bad if you and the other new comers felt I was hostile towards India..that's not the case..  If the unnecessary insults stop from the haters, I don't have any problem in changing my ways. If they continue,i will keep attacking until rett gets his wish of banning me..Du

I have seen quite a number of posts from you and i can't remember a single post where you were respectful towards the Indian team. From what i can remember, you have always been biased against the Indian team.

Mate, you are basically the Sri lankan equivalent of the ICF posters in here whom you hate for trolling the Lankans. The ICF trolls hate the Lankans and you hate the Indians. There's absolutely no difference between the ICF trolls and you. Try being unbiased and give credit where it's due even if it's the team that you hate otherwise there's no difference between you and the so called trolls you hate so much.

@Mahaa Raavana...it is posters like you who can't post one post without insulting Indian cricket,cricketers or Indians that create hostility towards Srilankan team and posters.

Sanga's and Mahila's whining doesn't help the cause but it is mostly you and posters like you.

Why don't you try posting something positive or even neutral once in a while and see how posters react?

we call our own players maggi rat,dhobi etc ,so whats the big deal calling whinga,lady etc or chucker ,fixer lol .this forum has been like this for years,its nothing new,its all fun ,now I am glad that no one else whines like you and preach what you tell first because you yourself write crap about india and still you are not banned or warned ,this shows the freedom of expression on this forum

Read your post again and see if it makes any sense..Its " all fun" and "not a big deal" when you do the insulting but when I do the same it's "writing crap". How does that sound ? You can't change the definition of insulting according to your convenience. I'm all for everyone being able to say what ever they want but it has to be a level playing field . I have been banned once and warned twice..but the hate posters against SL just get upvoted.. fredom of expression, my foot. Again.i would not have made a big deal out of this thread, but the OP and some of his pals are looking to ban me and a few non indian posters who have a spine to reply the haters.. That is why I'm defending myself and if you want ro call it whining go ahead..

Read your post again and see if it makes any sense..Its " all fun" and "not a big deal" when you do the insulting but when I do the same it's "writing crap". How does that sound ? You can't change the definition of insulting according to your convenience. I'm all for everyone being able to say what ever they want but it has to be a level playing field . I have been banned once and warned twice..but the hate posters against SL just get upvoted.. fredom of expression, my foot. Again.i would not have made a big deal out of this thread, but the OP and some of his pals are looking to ban me and a few non indian posters who have a spine to reply the haters.. That is why I'm defending myself and if you want ro call it whining go ahead..

You crying ? :(

@Mahaa Raavana

There are quiet a few posters from Pakistan who don't resort to posting like bashing the Indian cricket team without facts unlike you. We like their company here as it allows for their points of view to be expressed. I know you are here to only troll, but just ask yourself if you were in our position and you see someone posting trash about your team. Will you not be annoyed after some time?

I mean it may be funny initially, but it is irritating after a while.

Captain :  Agree with you , what I post doesn't make me any better than the Indian trolls , but atleast I can make them feel the same way I feel ..

Radhika Ji : Guys like Asim and KBW have posted neutrally..has tgat made any change to the ICF trolls attitude towards Pakistani cricket.. Has the hate and insults lessend by any amount.. don't tell me it's all fun, because then you should be able to take what I post too as "fun".. Either the mods should be very strict to insulting and trolling by all parties or do nothing at all to anyone.. 

@Mahaa Raavana.This ICC tournament is a good  opportunity for you to prove your self as a valuable poster.

There are countries other than India and Sri Lanka playing.

How about making some valuable contributions to those topics?

We can still accept trolling during India Sri lanka matches within acceptable limits due to emotions involved , but at least in other matches you can desist from mind less trolling.Maybe then you will be taken as a serious poster.Try it.

I like the idea, but disagree with the tone and content. It is too condescending towards our neighbors. yes, they may have been a part of India at some point, but then India as it is today never existed before. Love your country but respect others too! you cannot say that "if your country disappears no-one will care". That's not done.

Second, the spice comes when there is someone to rub salt in our wounds when we lose against teams like BD. There should be no insults or personal attacks, but cheering and booing and being sarcastic and gloating is what makes this forum fun!

Third, we should ban posters like Yami and klippax or their posts should be edited/ deleted/ combined into one single thread by the mods. That is the most jarring aspect of this forum lately. I literally dread seeing posts by some of these posters.

Maharavana, Deewana, BdFan etc are the extereme supporters of their teams and it is always fun to troll them when they loose.. so I would say keep it coming!!!!

Captain :  Agree with you , what I post doesn't make me any better than the Indian trolls , but atleast I can make them feel the same way I feel ..

Radhika Ji : Guys like Asim and KBW have posted neutrally..has tgat made any change to the ICF trolls attitude towards Pakistani cricket.. Has the hate and insults lessend by any amount.. don't tell me it's all fun, because then you should be able to take what I post too as "fun".. Either the mods should be very strict to insulting and trolling by all parties or do nothing at all to anyone.. 

Mahaa Raavana...When posters like Asim and KBW post,we know they are serious posters.Sometimes,they also indulge in good natured banter and trolling but that is fun because the intent is to have fun and also because they have a reputation as fair posters.

There are other posters from Pakistan who come here only to troll,sometimes with in limits and sometimes beyond.There are some who come here only to make comments related to religion ...usually in the form of meat eating practices or citing the superiority of one particular religion. Those posters are not going to get the same respect .

Of course India Pakistan have a different kind of relationship because of our differences,history and the support to anti India forces.So expecting things to be normal between Indian and Pakistanis all the time,that too on a forum is naive. Between us ,it is not just cricket.Even then...the posters from Pakistan in general do not  troll so consistently as you do.

It takes a few good posters to give a good name to their fans...it takes just 1-2 consistent trolls to spoil it .

For every Pakistani troll,there are good posters like Asim and KBW and a few others to balance things out.

Show me the non trolling Sri Lankan posters that balance you out.

For us ,you and your posts are the face of SriLankan fans here.

I am sure there are many Indian fans trolling in cricket forums of other countries ...they must be getting their shares of down votes and criticism. We just hope there are enough sane posters there too to balance out the crazy ones.

Edited by radhika

If the unnecessary insults stop from the haters, I don't have any problem in changing my ways. If they continue,i will keep attacking until rett gets his wish of banning me..

a) Your stand is pointless as to be fair you would have to attack SL posters too who attack Ind/Pak/etc on SL forums, Pak posters who do the same on Pak forums .... There is no point in coming to ICF to attack posters who are posting on a forum that is primarily designed for them. Note that many of us don't care much about what SL/Pak/etc posters post about Ind on their forums 

b) Most posters have a mix good and bad posts. What you are probably doing is focusing on posters' bad posts, which makes you think almost everyone wants to attack your team .... May be you are only focusing on the bad stuff because you want to justify your actions :hmmmm:

c) Where have I said that you should be banned? What I had said on one of the threads was that since it appears that you hate ICF, why do you post here? There is a difference b/w the two statements 

Edited by rett

I like the idea, but disagree with the tone and content. It is too condescending towards our neighbors. yes, they may have been a part of India at some point, but then India as it is today never existed before. Love your country but respect others too! you cannot say that "if your country disappears no-one will care". That's not done.

Please read the part properly, including the if and but conditions :winky:  - "India and its people have been around for 1000s of years. At some point in time, you have been a part of it too. So don't come here to show us the mirror or to put us in place. We have nothing much to learn from you. Remember that tomorrow for some reason if your country magically disappears from the face of the planet, it may not be missed. If that happens to Ind, it will definitely be missed 

Edited by rett

Please read the part properly, including the ifs and but conditions :winky:  - "India and its people have been around for 1000s of years. At some point in time, you have been a part of it too. So don't come here to show us the mirror or to put us in place. We have nothing much to learn from you. Remember that tomorrow for some reason if your country magically disappears from the face of the planet, it may not be missed. If that happens to Ind, it will definitely be missed 

That's a bit harsh I would say rett. But I can understand. The posts of the person have been equally harsh and he deserves it to an extent.