BCCI planning mini IPL abroad in Sept.

beetle

HIGHLIGHTS

1. A mini-IPL held overseas could help generate some much needed revenue
  2. The BCCI has been eyeing the September slot since 2014, when it scrapped the loss-making T20 Champions League
  3. The IPL broadcast rights are with Sony-ESPN

41 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Though I think mini IPL will be a overkill, SA would be great. 

Eng in sept wud be season end , pitches wud be either flat or slow . Sa can be gud option, becoz around Sept pitches wud be new and wud have spice .

2007 t20 wc was in sept and pitches provided a reallly gud contenst.

But rather t20, i wud prefer Bcci have tournament like challenger with 5-6 teams having country best players competing 

1 hour ago, UnknownGenius said:

Why another mini IPL and why abroad?

We are already witness to a mini IPL currently with most knockout matches in the small tiny mini ground - Chinnasamy.

Are you people brain dead :hmmm: Not even a single knockout match has been played in Chinnaswamy this IPL :dontknow: 

5 hours ago, HippoSucks said:

They said this last year as well. Is this actually going to be implemented?  

This was all but assured last year but the lodha report put this way down in the priority list. Ajay thakur looks keen on having this.

Edited by sourab10forever

Sept is going to be cold in the UK....

I think UAE makes more sense logistics wise.

A short 1.5 week tournament (two groups of 4 , round robin , semi  final) will be good. 

Start on Friday ...end of Sunday. 10 days with finalist playing 5 games. Not much travelling involved.

1 hour ago, G_B_ said:

Sept is going to be cold in the UK....

I think UAE makes more sense logistics wise.

A short 1.5 week tournament (two groups of 4 , round robin , semi  final) will be good. 

Start on Friday ...end of Sunday. 10 days with finalist playing 5 games. Not much travelling involved.

Not really, Most Cricket pitches are used atleast till two Sundays of September regularly as its as good as end April and early May. Rain is spoilsport but if games start in day time you have whole day to finish the game.