Cricket Telecast/Broadcast Thread - The hookups to watch cricket

Cricketics

I will update this post regularly which I think would help many posters in picking the best available legal options in their area. Feel free to share more options and I will update the OP so we can have a good list. Please if possible, share the exact tv network provider too in your country which has the channels available to watch cricket. Also, if you see there is something wrong with my list, then let me know. 

We really need help in getting specific information about how to watch in places like Canada, UK, UAE etc. Please share if you can.

How to watch cricket in:-

INDIA

On TV - There are many TV channels like Star Sports and Ten Sports which cover cricket in India. Most of these channels are available on Tata Sky and other(?) competitive satellite TV providers.

Online  Hotstar and Sony Live covers cricket matches online also for viewers in India.

USA

On TV - Willow Cricket channel is available on most satellite and cable TV providers like Verizon, Dish Network, Comcast etc. Willow covers all matches from India(excluding IPL), Australia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, UAE, West Indies

One World Sports covers all England home matches and Caribbean Cricket league. The channel is available on Verizon, Directv and few more providers like Google fiber etc

NBCSN covers 10 matches of Big Bash League.

Online Willow.tv is the best way to watch cricket in USA on internet. It has a monthly package of $14.99 which covers all the cricket matches they televise on their TV channel. The games from India, RSA, Australia, UAE and West Indies are usually covered

WatchESPN is available for free on most internet prociders. It braodcasts all the matches from New Zealand. It also covers many domestic matches from West Indies.

OneWorldSports app/website also allows you to watch the live feed of the channel if you have the credentials of your tv providers account. Whole English summer of cricket is covered on this channel from the feed of Sky Sports. 

United Kingdom

On TV -  SkySports and BY Sports are the two major channels covering cricket in UK. (Need more information regarding the availability of these channels on different providers)

Online - Sky Sports App and website allows you to buy online subsription to purchase the channel. They have various packages available. 

BT Sports website too allows you to purchase the monthly package.

Australia

On TV -  

Channel 9 covers all the home cricket matches.  TEN covers the Big Bash. Both channels are available easily in Australia. Fox covers most away games in Australia.

Online - Optus website allows you to purchase summer of cricket packages via cricket.comau website.

Canada, UAE and other countries will be updated soon. I would also need info on  places like UK and Australia to  make it more specific and detailed like we have for US.

---------------------------------------------------------

Older Post

What is your Set up to watch Cricket in your area?

So this changes for everyone from time to

time. Some who travel a lot or or usually who live with friends, have online subscriptions. Some rely on free/illegal streams available online. And then we have many and perhaps most who subscribe to different TV packages on their TV network to get that cricket channel.

What is your current set up? This thread could also help many in helping pick a better option than what they currently have in their area, especialy for people living in India and even for people who travel overseas as students. Please also mention your country in which you have your set up. 

My current set up

I currently have Verizon here in U.S on TV and do get Willow Cricket channel as part of the sports package on TV. 

Along with this, I also have a subsription of Willow TV online which I can use it on cell phone or on pc. I was given this for just $5 a month since I already have Willow TV on verizon. Usually they charge $14.99 otherwise. 

Willow covers all the games from India, Australia, South Africa, West Indies and Dubai. 

All NZ home games we get here are on Watch ESPN which we all have free access to using our internet service provider.

Whats your set up like? 

7 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

Willow TV online has been my primary source for 10 years now, stream it on PC or TV , tablet

10 years is a long time. I used to like their coverage better back in the days when they did not have TV channel. But now it is good too but just like any other subscription.

Back in the day it was expensive but used to offer three different links. I remember during Ashes 2009, they had feed of both sky sports and channel 9 and you could pick either. Not complaining though. They are the leaders still here in North America. 

Do you remember Setanta TV? They used to be their first ever competitors when online cricket subscriptions were still new. 

First time i watched cricket streaming live was the great india aus series 2001-2002. Was a student in US then. Now i am mostly in India, and i still prefer to stream the game when a UK provider is carrying the game, rather than watch on Star. Better pre and post game analysis, no bollywood crap mixed in, less intrusive ads and commercials, and just a better feel. 

Just now, kosingh said:

First time i watched cricket streaming live was the great india aus series 2001-2002. Was a student in US then. Now i am mostly in India, and i still prefer to stream the game when a UK provider is carrying the game, rather than watch on Star. Better pre and post game analysis, no bollywood crap mixed in, less intrusive ads and commercials, and just a better feel. 

Yes, I can feel it. I used to feel opposite at times and sometimes during Indian games, they do not show post match shows here on Willow so I used to find Indian feed especially to listen to post match star sports show. Part of the reason why I ended up subscribing to Hotstar. 

Btw, sky sports is losing a lot of rights to Bt sports in UK. Like the coming Ashes will not be on sky sports, but on BT sports instead which is FTA in UK. 

8 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

You get Willow Xtra? Or just Willow channel? 

I heard it was added for Dish Network folks but not for Verizon yet. 

I get both. Xtra just has some old reruns of highlights unless there are two international matches being telecast simultaneously.

I've had Willow since 2003 - "that" series down under with the famous Veeru 195 and Steve Waugh retirement.  Have had Willow off and on on TV as well, don't have it at the moment.  Use "other" sites occasionally as well.  ESPN3 often has the Kiwi games, that works well.  

I miss the days of commercial free broadcasts on willow.  Nowadays, they've "monetized" this broadcast as well, so you get endless repetitions of the same shitty commercials aimed at NRIs over and over.  and over.  10 years ago or so, you would get a lot of blooper type conversations between commentators who weren't aware that the feed was live during commercial break.  That's how I know that Wasim Akram and Shastri are some of the tharki-est desi commentators out there.  

I had Willow for a couple of years, but then got pretty pissed last year when they didn't stream some T20 tournament (Asia Cup I think). Had to buy a Yupptv package to watch it. Now unsubscribed Willow and watching the matches on those grainy, crappy streams that spit and sputter at you right when the bowler is just about to bowl.

3 hours ago, maniac said:

Willow TV....play on the Iphone App and stream to chromecast.....atleast for me WIllow keeps crashing on Chromecast when I stream through my Mac so usually stream through my phone.

Does this happen with Iphone too for you? Don't have a mac pc but tried with IPad and works fine for me.I do it every time with Iphone and that works fine too. 

3 minutes ago, moniker said:

I had Willow for a couple of years, but then got pretty pissed last year when they didn't stream some T20 tournament (Asia Cup I think). Had to buy a Yupptv package to watch it. Now unsubscribed Willow and watching the matches on those grainy, crappy streams that spit and sputter at you right when the bowler is just about to bowl.

Tournment was in Bangladesh I think and games from bangladesh did not come every time on Willow at that point if time as Watch Espn had the rights before and hence Yuptv sold it seperately that Asia cup. 

13 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Does this happen with Iphone too for you? Don't have a mac pc but tried with IPad and works fine for me.I do it every time with Iphone and that works fine too. 

It works perfectly fine on the Iphone App....only on my mac for some reason the stream never loads on chromecast and keeps crashing

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

It works perfectly fine on the Iphone App....only on my mac for some reason the stream never loads on chromecast and keeps crashing

Try installing Tubio browser or any other similar app on your Mac which lets you send the direct video url to chromecast so chromecast can pick up the url.

There is an app call Tubio browser which I use for some websites. It is a browser basically which sends the url to chromecast when we hit play on our device on the video. I think they have such browser apps for Mac

This oneIMG_1444.PNG