Umesh Yadav the best India pacer: Rodney Hogg

2 hours ago, speedheat said:

You should ask pointing about umesh before calling him a fool I am glad that umesh is finally getting a due he deserves and yes he IS OUR BEST FAST BOWLER along with shami zaheer srinath kapil not anyone like venky shanky or vinnu binnu

As i said, any fool with pace can put together a spell once every year that'd make batsmen hop. But the same fool goes consistently for most runs, takes wickets at an average of nearly 40 is a guy who is the worst bowler on the side 9/10 times. But as i said, people like you are making the same mistake the Pakistani made with Mohammed Sami-got fooled about good pace and once-in-a-blue-moon decent spell as 'guy with potential'.

Um, Umesh is a fast bowler who is 29 and has been in international cricket for 5+ years. He is at his PEAK. This is the best he can do. there is no 'ceiling left' for him. And what he is, is consistently crap.

As i said, any fool with pace can put together a spell once every year that'd make batsmen hop. But the same fool goes consistently for most runs, takes wickets at an average of nearly 40 is a guy who is the worst bowler on the side 9/10 times. But as i said, people like you are making the same mistake the Pakistani made with Mohammed Sami-got fooled about good pace and once-in-a-blue-moon decent spell as 'guy with potential'.

Um, Umesh is a fast bowler who is 29 and has been in international cricket for 5+ years. He is at his PEAK. This is the best he can do. there is no 'ceiling left' for him. And what he is, is consistently crap.

Sorry but you sounds like a soar grapes

Pitches now a days are nothing but pattaas all over the world the batsman friendly rules dont help either!! THIS IS A BATSMANS ERA I have been watching cricket for nearly 20 years now I have seen guys like dodda ganesh venky Prasad opening the bowling for us this trundlers have given us nothing but made us laughing stock

So atleast you agreed that umesh at his best that's it ur calling him fool will not block him from being our best strike bowler with PHAAAACE LHYYYAKE FHIEEER!

5 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Sorry but you sounds like a soar grapes

Pitches now a days are nothing but pattaas all over the world the batsman friendly rules dont help either!! THIS IS A BATSMANS ERA I have been watching cricket for nearly 20 years now I have seen guys like dodda ganesh venky Prasad opening the bowling for us this trundlers have given us nothing but made us laughing stock

So atleast you agreed that umesh at his best emoji106.png that's it ur calling him fool will not block him from being our best strike bowler with PHAAAACE LHYYYAKE FHIEEER!

What part of 'he is consistently the WORST bowler in the lineup' do you not seem to get ?

Atleast Dodda Ganesh & Venky Prasad could make the average batsman play cautiously. Umesh- the only people he 'scares' are tail enders. Which wouldn't be too bad if the guy had brains to bowl within his limits, keep the runs down against actual batsmen and clean up tai lenders. 

He has pace. Thats all he has. But continue on, its attitudes like these that makes India the laughing stock of the world for pace bowlers.

38 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Australia, England, South Africa.

last time, they toured Australia, those were some of the flattest pitches. Before that in 2012, Yadav picked 12 wickets in two tests on two responsive pitches at Mcg and WACA. England they won test at Lords and you yourself know what happened in last two tests. Our bats struggled to put 150 on the board. In SA, last tour, they got SA out at 240 at Wanderers giving us a lead of 48. In NZ, they got NZ out cheaply twice before batsmen faltered in the first game.

Just now, rkt.india said:

Thing is I will play average genuine pacers over average medium pacers in test cricket anyday.

and i will play a guy who can keep the front-line batsmen in check, build pressure and take 1 or two frontline batsmen's wickets over a guy who goes at 4 RPO against frontline batsmen, hardly takes a wicket against them and takes 2-3 wickets against tail-enders any day of the week. 

Umesh brings the whole bowling attack down by releasing pressure every over with his 4-ball delivery.

What part of 'he is consistently the WORST bowler in the lineup' do you not seem to get ?

Atleast Dodda Ganesh & Venky Prasad could make the average batsman play cautiously. Umesh- the only people he 'scares' are tail enders. Which wouldn't be too bad if the guy had brains to bowl within his limits, keep the runs down against actual batsmen and clean up tai lenders. 

He has pace. Thats all he has. But continue on, its attitudes like these that makes India the laughing stock of the world for pace bowlers.

To understand umesh you have to keep you're hate aside for few seconds just see his smooth bowling action his rythem and follow through then you might change your opinion

Umesh is like a battering ram used to open the gates so that our army of spin can wreck havoc

8 minutes ago, speedheat said:

To understand umesh you have to keep you're hate aside for few seconds just see his smooth bowling action his rythem and follow through then you might change your opinion

Umesh is like a battering ram used to open the gates so that our army of spin can wreck havoc

a beautiful battering ram made of glass. looks good, does nothing. 

Just like Mohammed Sami. Ask the Pakistani how well that worked out

Umesh is the battering ram that breaks after 2 strokes (concedes 4 every over practically). Releases pressure, makes our other bowlers less effective. Why should batsmen take chances against Ishant/Shami/Ashwin/jaddu when Umesh is serving laddoos every over ?

11 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

and i will play a guy who can keep the front-line batsmen in check, build pressure and take 1 or two frontline batsmen's wickets over a guy who goes at 4 RPO against frontline batsmen, hardly takes a wicket against them and takes 2-3 wickets against tail-enders any day of the week. 

Umesh brings the whole bowling attack down by releasing pressure every over with his 4-ball delivery.

Umesh has improved his accuracy from the SA series 2015.... and has been going at 2.87 runs per over from then  in his last 12 tests..... which is pretty standard.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/376116.html?class=1;spanmin1=05+Nov+2015;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling;view=match

14 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Please check how many of Yadav's wickets were tailenders in last few tests. Also check his ER.

a beautiful battering ram made of glass. looks good, does nothing. 

Just like Mohammed Sami. Ask the Pakistani how well that worked out

Umesh is the battering ram that breaks after 2 strokes (concedes 4 every over practically). Releases pressure, makes our other bowlers less effective. Why should batsmen take chances against Ishant/Shami/Ashwin/jaddu when Umesh is serving laddoos every over ?

Umesh is the one who took 2 in 2 in wc2015 vs pak to choke them

Umesh with his reverse swinging Yorker to dismiss duminy

Umesh removed cook in 2013 champion s trophy to choke england

Umesh is the one cleand bairstow to end dangerous partnership

Umesh is the one who strikes for us at the crucial stage

This are few achievements of our "glass battering ram"

Umesh is umesh bhai

And pace is pace

support pace support umesh areon shami nathu thampy kulwant rajpoot and list goes on

11 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Umesh is the one who took 2 in 2 in wc2015 vs pak to choke them

Umesh with his reverse swinging Yorker to dismiss duminy

Umesh removed cook in 2013 champion s trophy to choke england

Umesh is the one cleand bairstow to end dangerous partnership

Umesh is the one who strikes for us at the crucial stage

This are few achievements of our "glass battering ram"

Umesh is umesh bhai

And pace is pace

support pace support umesh areon shami nathu thampy kulwant rajpoot and list goes on

I think we are talking two separate formats here. I don't follow ODI cricket outside of WC and i have no interest in it anymore. I follow tests mostly and in tests, Umesh is utter crap.

Oh and i support pace, but only when the bowler is good. A crap bowler,is a crap bowler- pace or no pace. 

Umesh has had his chance. ANY extended periods he bowls for, he gets smashed. The best he can hope for, is a lucky opening spell or middle spell, while Ashwin or Jadeja wreck havoc around the opposition and Umesh ends up with 12-2-40-2 or 9-1-18-1 kind of figures. 

But anytime he has to 'work' for his wickets and actually bowl for extended periods, he takes wickets after getting smashed all and sundry and as i said, is the worst bowler in the team that day, practically every single time.

This is because, Umesh is the worst bowler in Indian team at keeping things quiet when the ball isn't doing anything. The overseas opposition teams such as ENG,AUS,NZ,RSA have long since figured out that if they serve 'pattas', our bowling will be destroyed worse than their bowling 9/10 times and they will win.

Which is what they do. 

This is why, the pattern to Umesh is either the figures like above (mostly at home, where our other bowlers are effective) or ends up with 30-2-120-4 kind of figures overseas at his BEST.

This is, inadequate and also harmful to the other bowlers. Because on crap wickets, pretty much the only way to take wickets well is to 'apply choke and hope batsmen eventually mess up and bowl aggressive after wicket falls for 2-3 overs then apply choke again if not successful'. This is what we have done to us, what if you notice RSA-AUS play, they try to do to each other on 'patta wickets'.

Even on the ones that are green tops, thats where the likes of Shami/Bhuvi/Ishant start doing better. 

So this 'Umesh love' is nothing more than going 'goo goo ga ga, i just want a bowler look fast when bowling and be fast, thats it'. We have other bowlers coming through, at the very least, they should be tried in familiar conditions to give them confidence & see if they are ready for the next tour or two. Not give 'mr 4 ball and 37 average with crap economy rate who is at his physical and experience peak' chance after chance.

I think we are talking two separate formats here. I don't follow ODI cricket outside of WC and i have no interest in it anymore. I follow tests mostly and in tests, Umesh is utter crap.

Oh and i support pace, but only when the bowler is good. A crap bowler,is a crap bowler- pace or no pace. 

Umesh has had his chance. ANY extended periods he bowls for, he gets smashed. The best he can hope for, is a lucky opening spell or middle spell, while Ashwin or Jadeja wreck havoc around the opposition and Umesh ends up with 12-2-40-2 or 9-1-18-1 kind of figures. 

But anytime he has to 'work' for his wickets and actually bowl for extended periods, he takes wickets after getting smashed all and sundry and as i said, is the worst bowler in the team that day, practically every single time.

This is because, Umesh is the worst bowler in Indian team at keeping things quiet when the ball isn't doing anything. The overseas opposition teams such as ENG,AUS,NZ,RSA have long since figured out that if they serve 'pattas', our bowling will be destroyed worse than their bowling 9/10 times and they will win.

Which is what they do. 

This is why, the pattern to Umesh is either the figures like above (mostly at home, where our other bowlers are effective) or ends up with 30-2-120-4 kind of figures overseas at his BEST.

This is, inadequate and also harmful to the other bowlers. Because on crap wickets, pretty much the only way to take wickets well is to 'apply choke and hope batsmen eventually mess up and bowl aggressive after wicket falls for 2-3 overs then apply choke again if not successful'. This is what we have done to us, what if you notice RSA-AUS play, they try to do to each other on 'patta wickets'.

Even on the ones that are green tops, thats where the likes of Shami/Bhuvi/Ishant start doing better. 

So this 'Umesh love' is nothing more than going 'goo goo ga ga, i just want a bowler look fast when bowling and be fast, thats it'. We have other bowlers coming through, at the very least, they should be tried in familiar conditions to give them confidence & see if they are ready for the next tour or two. Not give 'mr 4 ball and 37 average with crap economy rate who is at his physical and experience peak' chance after chance.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/376116.html?class=1;spanmin1=05+Nov+2015;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling;view=match

Check the stats umesh has been the best