Stradlater

Coronavirus in Pakistan

1 minute ago, Mariyam said:

Shaheen Bagh has nothing to do with religion. It is a political protest. Yet you choose to associate it with Muslims at large. Just because a large proportion of protesters are Muslim, doesn't mean that it is a religious protest.

The celebratory gathering by the Shivraj Chauhan and his party cadre is also political in nature.

Yet one you view one through the prism of religiosity and the other you dismiss as political grand standing.

That is a double standard.

Also people who are quick to vent their frustration out on sound bytes by unnamed protesters, seemed a little less eager to fight the Corona virus when it was Shivraj and his supporters who gathered in large numbers. But I shall take your word and accept that both were/are equally condemned.

That is your personal view and a separate matter of discussion which has been covered in many discussions previously. A National Health crisis intervention isn’t influenced by people’s personal reasons for doing things such as Shaheen Baag or political rallies. Protocols are applied to everyone regardless of their religion, caste and political leanings which HAVE to be followed.

these ‘sound bytes’ you refer to even by unnamed protestors as you put it and their subsequent actions have a severe consequences for the citizens on India so does stupidity by Shivraj at this time. So I’m not sure why you are still debating me on this?

6 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

That is your personal view and a separate matter of discussion which has been covered in many discussions previously. A National Health crisis intervention isn’t influenced by people’s personal reasons for doing things such as Shaheen Baag or political rallies. Protocols are applied to everyone regardless of their religion, caste and political leanings which HAVE to be followed.

these ‘sound bytes’ you refer to even by unnamed protestors as you put it and their subsequent actions have a severe consequences for the citizens on India so does stupidity by Shivraj at this time. So I’m not sure why you are still debating me on this?

Perhaps you should ask yourself this question. You first quoted me!!

23 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Perhaps you should ask yourself this question. You first quoted me!!

Because you felt hard done by the supposed double standards of ICFers who in your mind have no issues with BJP gatherings but vilifying innocent Muslims who are also doing ‘political’ gatherings.

i was merely putting your mind at ease that there is no double standards here when it comes to protect Indian citizens from Covid 19. In times like this I would advise you not to stoke tensions by questioning the supposed bias of ICFers on religious grounds but we all should stand together to help the PM and the government as much as we can.

I see.

I remember coming across a few posts on this thread which called Muslims (in general) as sickos. I saw you upvote a few such posts too.

Must be a part of your much vaunted unbiased world view where you weren't trying to stoke any tensions.

Anyways, time to clap!

7 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I see.

I remember coming across a few posts on this thread which called Muslims (in general) as sickos. I saw you upvote a few such posts too.

Must be a part of your much vaunted unbiased world view where you weren't trying to stoke any tensions.

Anyways, time to clap!

That was me in reference to many Muslims in India choosing to attend the jumma celebrations amidst all this. 

I also labelled cow piss drinking Hindus as chutiyas if that helps. 

Edited by Stradlater

10 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I see.

Anyways, time to clap!

Well if these individuals throw about phrases like:

“ Allah will protect us from Corona”

” there is not such thing as a corona, it’s a government conspiracy against muslims”

” we will not stop Friday jumahs despite government protocols as allah will protect us”

then yes they are sickos as they are using their religious entitlement to potentially put other Indian citizens at a risk from this virus.

The same way gau mutra remedy parties and gatherings which were organised as a supposed cure for Covid are also attended by sickos and should not happen.

Now what do you want to say?

Edited by LordPrabhzy

On 3/20/2020 at 2:04 PM, Stradlater said:

If India manages to weather this storm successfully, I hope GOI do their bit in supporting the people of Pakistan in this hour of crisis whether be it in the form of line of credit or sending a team of medical professionals. 

As a responsible country in the region, it's our duty to help our neighbors setting aside old differences. 

for that they have accept the request with saying no to ego

request for the kids to evacuate from Wuhan what was stopping

31 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Stay safe, its a marathon not a sprint.

Indeed. 

There was a guy from Mardan, KPK who came back from umrah (saudia arabia) and threw grand party in the city. He even refused to be isolated after being tested and died on the day he was declared positive. 

Whole Mardan city has been locked down.

Edited by Autonomous

On 3/23/2020 at 8:49 AM, Autonomous said:

Indeed. 

There was a guy from Mardan, KPK who came back from umrah (saudia arabia) and threw grand party in the city. He even refused to be isolated after being tested and died on the day he was declared positive. 

Whole Mardan city has been locked down.

lol there's no cure for stupidity...

12 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

How's the situation right now in the neighborhood? 

In my city it is ok. People living in towns and societies don't go out at all. Everything is closed except grocery shops and medical facilities. Official cases are also lower compred to average in the country however lahore has been reported to have plenty of cases.

Islamabad has been locked down as well. Total new reported cases today were 50-60 country wide.

I hope and pray that things are controlled but from what I've heard, it'll take two months to contain it with all the efforts, it could have been done in a month if airports were closed earlier and had there been no "taftan debacle"

3 hours ago, Autonomous said:

I think for all his flaws, Khan's decision of not to bring back Wuhan students was a wise one. 

But this taftan debacle is awful. 

How is it "wise" - its not that difficult to bring back a couple of 100 students, and either quarantine them in a dorm, or have them strictly self-quarantine at home.  

Put yourself in the position of those people - left bereft in a strange land.  At least Khan should have allowed those folks to evacuate when India offered.  

3 hours ago, Autonomous said:

I think for all his flaws, Khan's decision of not to bring back Wuhan students was a wise one. 

Bro, being a leader of a country and leaving your own people stranded is never wise. That's not a good leadership quality. Should have brought them back and then qurantine them or put them at lockdown somewhere in the country. 

12 hours ago, Autonomous said:

Kitna chaatoge yaar apne PM ke tum log.

If those students were your brother or sisters, you won’t be saying this. 

54 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Kitna chaatoge yaar apne PM ke tim log.

If those students were your brother or sisters, you won’t be saying this. 

He’s right to some extent. Modi’s biggest mistake was bringing back so many NRIs and students abroad and letting them undergo “self” quarantine. I’m not against bringing people back, but they cannot be relied upon to follow rules and be truthful. Just to give an example, this Kanika kapoor lady.

On 3/26/2020 at 6:57 AM, sandeep said:

How is it "wise" - its not that difficult to bring back a couple of 100 students, and either quarantine them in a dorm, or have them strictly self-quarantine at home.  

Put yourself in the position of those people - left bereft in a strange land.  At least Khan should have allowed those folks to evacuate when India offered.  

If there was a fauji kid among those students, you would have seen the numero uno mehekma raising hell to make sure he/she is evacuated. But since these were ordinary Abduls and Ayeshas, it was a good chance to reduce population.

On 3/26/2020 at 2:12 AM, FischerTal said:

He’s right to some extent. Modi’s biggest mistake was bringing back so many NRIs and students abroad and letting them undergo “self” quarantine. I’m not against bringing people back, but they cannot be relied upon to follow rules and be truthful. Just to give an example, this Kanika kapoor lady.

Indian embassies have stopped evacuating citizens overseas. Unfortunate.

5 hours ago, motomaverick said:

If there was a fauji kid among those students, you would have seen the numero uno mehekma raising hell to make sure he/she is evacuated. But since these were ordinary Abduls and Ayeshas, it was a good chance to reduce population.

Fauji kids dont go to Wuhan for 'study'.  They go to Amreeka and Londonistan.  Even the handful that may go to China, are going to be in top Chinese universities in Beijing/Shanghai.  But that is still a decade or so away.  Given the fact that Faujis can't buy "assets", land, houses in China, they are less likely to send their kids there.  More likely to send their kids to "study" in destinations where they can send they looted 'savings' to launder.

6 hours ago, motomaverick said:

And these shameless creatures claim to care for their Kashmiri brothers.

Pakistan army forcibly moving coronavirus positive patients to PoK and Gilgit

https://www.economictimes.com/news/defence/pakistan-army-forcibly-moving-covid-19-positive-patients-to-pok-and-gilgit/amp_articleshow/74833499.cms

Do we have a non-Indian source to confirm this?

This pandemic is going to highlight and contrast the fate of Kashmiris on either side of the border.  And that of Indians/Pakistanis.  

"Indian" Kashmir is far more developed with facilities than PoK.  It has hospitals, colleges etc, while PoK has "Phaujj".  Once we are past the epidemic, Indian and Local Kashmiri government should highlight the differences in quality and outcome for Indian Kashmiris and compare them to their Pakistani counterparts all over that country.  Then a lot of those idiots dreaming of Nizam e Mustafa will come to their senses. Or not.

Edited by sandeep

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

Do we have a non-Indian source to confirm this?

This pandemic is going to highlight and contrast the fate of Kashmiris on either side of the border.  And that of Indians/Pakistanis.  

"Indian" Kashmir is far more developed with facilities than PoK.  It has hospitals, colleges etc, while PoK has "Phaujj".  Once we are past the epidemic, Indian and Local Kashmiri government should highlight the differences in quality and outcome for Indian Kashmiris and compare them to their Pakistani counterparts all over that country.  Then a lot of those idiots dreaming of Nizam e Mustafa will come to their senses. Or not.

There is alot of shia community that travelled to Iran. 

Gilgit Baltistan is a shia majority area. 

Edited by Autonomous

25 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

There is alot of shia community that travelled to Iran. 

Gilgit Baltistan is a shia majority area. 

Indian Kashmir is facing the exact same problem - lots of Shia pilgrims AND lot of students in Iran.  But let's be honest, the govt systems and facilities in Indian Kashmir are simply a level above its PoK counterpart.  It is what it is.

31 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Indian Kashmir is facing the exact same problem - lots of Shia pilgrims AND lot of students in Iran.  But let's be honest, the govt systems and facilities in Indian Kashmir are simply a level above its PoK counterpart.  It is what it is.

Yes, you are right. Also landscape and access to gilgit baltistan is much more difficult as compared to azad kashmir in itself. 

Islamabad to Gilgit is 500+ KMs with a broken highway from besham to chillas. Other route (babusar top) is closed due to winter.

Major supplies will be from china through xinjiang. 

Btw i wish our army for once could do something good and beat **** out of people to keep them in home. People here are roaming around with their bikes in punjab. They are keeping it tight in sindh though

21 minutes ago, sandeep said:

@sandeep

There are 50+ cases in gujrat alone which is a very small city nearby from here. 

Interestingly, no cases from Sialkot which is a commercial city with regular international flight operations. 

We needed curfew in Punjab but our PM is too weak. Even here people are riding bikes, shopping at malls as if its vacation time. Paindoo people in particular. 

10 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

We needed curfew in Punjab but our PM is too weak

The strategy is obvious - just like students in Wuhan, the Pak government has made a choice to limit its efforts and investment in fighting Covid.

"only the old and weak" will die.  Rich will take care of themselves.   This is abandonment by govt of its basic responsibilities and obligation to its citizens.  Pakistanis should ask themselves what choices they have made, the prioritization of enmity, war and military over everything else, that has led to this day.  

Its Gods grace that this virus doesn't kill large numbers of healthy young people. And maybe the heat will make it less effective anyway.  Else this could have been a lot worse for Pakistan.  

29 minutes ago, sandeep said:

The strategy is obvious - just like students in Wuhan, the Pak government has made a choice to limit its efforts and investment in fighting Covid.

"only the old and weak" will die.  Rich will take care of themselves.   This is abandonment by govt of its basic responsibilities and obligation to its citizens.  Pakistanis should ask themselves what choices they have made, the prioritization of enmity, war and military over everything else, that has led to this day.  

Its Gods grace that this virus doesn't kill large numbers of healthy young people. And maybe the heat will make it less effective anyway.  Else this could have been a lot worse for Pakistan.  

Bhai not even many young people have good immune systems. 

And we all have elderly at home, it is chaos.

Government is crazy.

Edited by Autonomous

17 minutes ago, sandeep said:

@sandeep

You are wrong. Pakistanis are so used to getting screwed in the bund by everything Chinese, even the virus. They feel they have herd immunity against this Chinese virus more or less. So what’s your problem, hain ?

PakMil Mafia just built themselves yet another luxury retreat - "Officers Mess" in Multan.  Look at the luxury trappings of looteras, while Pakistanis are faced with a depreciating currency, and economic disasters.  Maybe this luxury is required so that the PakMil can celebrate its great victories of 1971 and 1999.  

@KeyboardWarrior @rock777 

Edited by sandeep

3 minutes ago, sandeep said:

PakMil Mafia just built themselves yet another luxury retreat - "Officers Mess" in Multan.  Look at the luxury trappings of looteras, while Pakistanis are faced with a depreciating currency, and economic disasters. @KeyboardWarrior @rock777 

Take it easy my son  we have rsources to  get over this crisis