"Dhoni is the greatest finisher of all time that the cricketing world has ever produced" - Hussey

velu

j200su8_ms-dhoni-afp_625x300_14_April_20

A finisher of repute himself, former Australia batsman Michael Hussey believes India's World Cup-winning former captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni's "unbelievable power" and "self-belief" make him the greatest of all time in that role. "Dhoni is the greatest finisher of all time that the cricketing world has ever produced," Hussey told Sanjay Manjarekar on ESPNcricinfo's Videocast. "Dhoni can keep his cool and make the opposition captain blink first. Dhoni also has unbelievable power. He knows that when he needs to clear the ropes he can do it. He has that kind of self-belief. Honestly, I didn't have that kind of belief in myself." The 44-year-old Hussey said he also picked up a trick or two about chasing from Dhoni while playing for Chennai Super Kings.

"I tried not to let it reach 12 or 13 runs an over. And I learnt this from MS Dhoni. He is incredible. He believes that he who panics last wins the game. So Dhoni would keep his cool, and keep it longer because the pressure is on the bowler as well."

3643e7e8dab9b88b3972ee1c9f909dea.jpg

https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/ms-dhoni-believes-he-who-panics-last-wins-the-game-says-michael-hussey-2211570?pfrom=home-topstories

Thing is he won us 2 wc and ct before we again went back to 90s era which is like "haath ko aaya muh ko nahi laga".  I consider him greatest loi captain and best finisher for india in his peak. Otherwise earlier or even now after 3-4 wkts down game over for india. I think Yuvi , Raina and Dhoni were best middle to lower order we had. I still can't forget quarter final againsst Aus where young Raina who just got chance in that match after continuous failure of Pathan and boy he delivered right at the moment and in the  process hit few sixes to Lee also.  As far as dhoni is considered i find series against pak in pak was greatest of dhoni where inspite of so much of crowd pressure and such a pressure cooker situation along with Yuvraj won us 2 back to back matches and series.:hatsoff:

6 hours ago, raki05 said:

Thing is he won us 2 wc and ct before we again went back to 90s era which is like "haath ko aaya muh ko nahi laga".  I consider him greatest loi captain and best finisher for india in his peak. Otherwise earlier or even now after 3-4 wkts down game over for india. I think Yuvi , Raina and Dhoni were best middle to lower order we had. I still can't forget quarter final againsst Aus where young Raina who just got chance in that match after continuous failure of Pathan and boy he delivered right at the moment and in the  process hit few sixes to Lee also.  As far as dhoni is considered i find series against pak in pak was greatest of dhoni where inspite of so much of crowd pressure and such a pressure cooker situation along with Yuvraj won us 2 back to back matches and series.:hatsoff:

@maniac @velu.......ok long may the hibernation for bloddy old man.