Laptop recommendation

retired_hurt

I am a programmer and looking for a laptop under 1 lakh. I was thinking of going for i7 9th or 10th gen processor and 16 GB of RAM. Although I can see many gaming laptops that fit my requirement I am not particularly interested in them due to their heavy weight and low battery lives. 

Can you guys recommend any laptop from your personal experience?

Got a Lenovo i7 8th Gen 530s laptop recently, it is quite fast and would recommend it. I also got it at 30% discount in official Lenovo online site in their Clearance, so great bargain.

But seems like you want an even faster one. With regards to brand I would recommend Lenovo over say HP or Dell. Each have their own pros and cons but Lenovo performance seems better longer term than other brands.

Edited by Forever Indian

17 hours ago, zen said:

Not a programming person but see below if it helps:

I have watched Just Josh's recommendation on programming laptops. He is a good reviewer and knowledgeable but all his recommendations are way over my budget. I was hoping to get something under 1 lakh.

9 hours ago, Nikola said:

I was looking to get one for same purpose but delayed it for now.

Mi Notebook i5/i7

Apple MacBook Air

Lenovo Legion Y540

No particular order actually. I will highly recommend you to get variant with ssd.

I like Lenovo legion y540 but it has a nose cam which was very off-putting. They have launched a new variant of it as well where the webcam is on top of the screen unlike y540 but it's reviews aren't that good.

17 hours ago, Forever Indian said:

Got a Lenovo i7 8th Gen 530s laptop recently, it is quite fast and would recommend it. I also got it at 30% discount in official Lenovo online site in their Clearance, so great bargain.

But seems like you want an even faster one. With regards to brand I would recommend Lenovo over say HP or Dell. Each have their own pros and cons but Lenovo performance seems better longer term than other brands.

I was thinking of buying dell Inspiron 7591 but it's thermals are an issue. Lenovo has launched ideapad 5 with Ryzen 4500 and 4700, and their benchmark scores are more impressive than Intel i7 series and provide more value for money as well. Unfortunately they haven't launched in India yet. 

Edited by retired_hurt

1 hour ago, retired_hurt said:

I was thinking of buying dell Inspiron 5791 but it's thermals are an issue. Lenovo has launched ideapad 5 with Ryzen 4500 and 4700, and their benchmark scores are more impressive than Intel i7 series and provide more value for money as well. Unfortunately they haven't launched in India yet. 

You can try any other Lenovo i7 available in India then. Lenovo seem to have good fans and thermal management. I had two HPs previously and they always had over-heating issue. HP screens are better than Lenovo (more brighter) but the Over heating and it's affect on performance put me off going for HP again.

2 hours ago, retired_hurt said:

I have watched Just Josh's recommendation on programming laptops. He is a good reviewer and knowledgeable but all his recommendations are way over my budget. I was hoping to get something under 1 

You could wait for deals if possible or explore products from brands such as Acer, Asus, MSI, .... :dontknow:

5 hours ago, retired_hurt said:

Dell XPS is way over my budget.

Go for refurbished dell precision. I have one. It is i7 32g ram 3 g vram and nvme ssd. I got a more base system and upgraded ram and upgraded with nvme slot. Works very reliably. 

11 hours ago, diga said:

Along with all the things, suggest you to keep the weight of the laptop in mind if you keep moving around.  

ps: personally I dislike the metal chasis, feels cold sometimes..

Workstations are very heavy because of the heat dissipation pipes.

On 6/23/2020 at 9:01 AM, Forever Indian said:

You can try any other Lenovo i7 available in India then. Lenovo seem to have good fans and thermal management. I had two HPs previously and they always had over-heating issue. HP screens are better than Lenovo (more brighter) but the Over heating and it's affect on performance put me off going for HP again.

I remember once i had a amd hp. It was high performance at that time for low cost but had heat problems all the time.