Mumbai Indians - IPL 2017, "Duniya Hila Denge Hum"

asterix

What separates Mumbai from other teams is the death bowling. Malinga Bumrah and Mitch for back up, I dont think anybody else in the IPL has such a potent attack available. I still do feel MI need that one world class spinner. But Bhajji and Krunal are doing well.

Pacers: Malinga Bumrah Mitch Pandya Pollard

Spinners Bhajji K Pandya

So there is a lot of depth in the side with the ball atm. Just need Rohit to chip in which I feel he will as he finds his way back. The problem with the batting atm is that nobody apart from Rohit can play a big knock. Both Parthiv Butler have starts and then fall. While Rana is inexperienced.

IMO Rohit should open. Punt Butler down the order. 

5 hours ago, G_B_ said:

What separates Mumbai from other teams is the death bowling. Malinga Bumrah and Mitch for back up, I dont think anybody else in the IPL has such a potent attack available. I still do feel MI need that one world class spinner. But Bhajji and Krunal are doing well.

Spinners Bhajji K Pandya

So there is a lot of depth in the side with the ball atm. Just need Rohit to chip in which I feel he will as he finds his way back. The problem with the batting atm is that nobody apart from Rohit can play a big knock. Both Parthiv Butler have starts and then fall. While Rana is inexperienced.

Hyderabad are pretty good too. Fizz, Bhuvi, Rashid khan and Nehra is a pretty decent attack. Today was Fizz's first game so was probably undercooked. Once he finds his form, watch out!

12 hours ago, G_B_ said:

Spinners Bhajji K Pandya

Pollard aur bowling in dono ko jitna door rakho utna hi better hai :cantstop:

aur abhi opening change karne ki zaroorat nahi hai. jab theek thaak start mil hi raha hai to kyu tension lena.

Rohit Middle order me Rana aur Krunal ko lekar accha khelega tab mazaa aayega :dance:

The problem with MI is that they are notorious in playing unchanged squad even if losing matches (just like Team India)... they are even more notorious in keeping the "winning combination" intact... by the time they are forced to change they playing IX, only 5-6 matches remains in the IPL forcing talented youngsters sit on bench...

Rana was lucky that Biryani got injured... he grabbed his chance. How long he'll be able to maintain his place, its to be seen...

29 minutes ago, asterix said:

The problem with MI is that they are notorious in playing unchanged squad even if losing matches (just like Team India)... they are even more notorious in keeping the "winning combination" intact... by the time they are forced to change they playing IX, only 5-6 matches remains in the IPL forcing talented youngsters sit on bench...

Rana was lucky that Biryani got injured... he grabbed his chance. How long he'll be able to maintain his place, its to be seen...

har baar start hi continues haar se hoti thi aur team combination set hone me bahut matches chale jaate the. per is baar start hi bahut badhiya huwi hai aur team combination bhi set hogaya hai. jab team jeet rahi ho aur lagbgag har player accha kar raha ho to changes karna banta bhi nahi hai.

Rana to in ke planning me pahle se hi fit tha, warna first match me BHAJJI ko thodi na bahar bithate. first match ke baad Rayudu hi bahar hota aur na ki Rana.

7 me se 4 per to young players hi khel rahe hai. ab aur kitne young players khilayege yaar :giggle: 

33 minutes ago, asterix said:

^ Zakk, Mclagashan is struggling...

Pollard will anyway play end matches, why not give him rest and try other talents?

Why play Pollards every match when everybody knows that he'll only do something significant in couple of matches... :dontknow:

yaar jab team jeet rahi hai phir bhi kyu itna tension lerahe ho :whack3:

socho jab humari batting ka abhi ye haal hai to jab Buttler, Rohit aur Pollard bhi in young players ke saath click hoge to kya hoga :woot:

positive me se bhi negative nikaal rahe ho :giggle:

waise McClenaghan last year MI ka highest wicket tacking bowler tha. i think use thoda aur chance dena banta hai. socho agar Malinga aur Bumrah ke saath ye bhi form me aajaye to :woot:

There needs to be questions raised about Rohit. How long a rope is he going to be given? I am sympathetic to him as he is returning from injury but maybe get form by playing in some of the leagues than for the franchise. 

Highest played player and the returns are poor. Is eventually going to cost Mumbai. Krunal and Nitish have stepped up in a big way to paper over the cracks.