Pakistan in West Indies 2017

Asim

23 hours ago, Autonomous said:

I don't want to argue with a dumb person like you. But surely many people can do better than what Shehzad is doing right now. They took 3 new players on tour but none of them made their debut. 

You do not need fresh player when your captain and coach have  trust to their well known, not easy to win 3 match series 2/1 after loosing first game

Congratulation sarfu.

4 hours ago, GoodEnough said:

I am the first one in asia who post Bpxl team on Thursday @ICF someone stealing my team, put his name and repost separate thread, okayed I do not complain.

But mother of all sites, cricinfo still do not know details of  311 for 5 individual score?

Day one ends on 3.30am. Sunday morning IST and ICF found score here.NO ONE KNOW BUT GoodEnough.

You will see the score  same time tomorrow on day 2, but I gave you challenge no major sites give you any details till after 12/14 hours.

I do appreciate your dedication, was just giving my thoughts about the competitiveness of the game.

5 hours ago, zen said:

Why do we need a thread for the above?

You are not Pakistan supporter to know Pakistan are 129 for 4 ( shafiq and Shezad put on 45* for the 5th wicket )

Shehzad 53 not out,Riefer 12/6/17/2.

Amir 3 for 66, Shafiq 2 for 20, Yasir 2 for 129

Vishaul Singh 135 not out, Cornwall 28, Reifer 45

As BPXL 419 all out.

Padosis have a decent chance to win their first series in WI. Windies batting still looks fragile to me, and the Padosis have better swing and spin bowlers, along with Misbah and YK in the middle order. Windies should make fast, bouncy pitches to give themselves the advantage. 

Kieran Powell earns Test recall for Pakistan

West Indies have recalled batsman Kieran Powell for the first Test against Pakistan, who if picked, will play his first Test in nearly three years, last having played in 2014 against New Zealand. The hosts, on Monday (April 17), named a 13-man squad for the first Test at Sabina Park beginning on Friday, which also included the uncapped batsmen duo of Vishaul Singh and Shimron Hetmyer.

"We have a young Test squad which was admirably led by Jason Holder during the last series and, though there are some noticeable absentees, we believe that the players will give a good account of themselves especially in their own backyard," said Courtney Browne, West Indies chairman of selectors. "We are happy to be able to give a recall to Kieran Powell for one of the opening slots, although he did not have the best regional first-class season," Browne said. "He showed for the President's XI that his experience can add value to our team.

"West Indies cricket has invested heavily in him over the years and with the void of openers within the Caribbean, the panel felt a need to fast track him through our A-Team programme last year with a view in helping him to bridge that gap."

The 27-year-old Powell gave up the sport entirely after his last Test to pursue baseball in America, following the failure of which, he returned to West Indies and participated in the Caribbean Premier League with St Kitts & Nevis Patriots last year. In February this year, he finished with most runs in the Regional Super50 competition, scoring 513 in eight innings at 64.12, which earned him a call-up to the ODI sides for the series against England in March and then Pakistan.

From the squad that toured UAE for three Tests against Pakistan in October, Marlon Samuels, Darren Bravo and Leon Johnson have been dropped, along with Carlos Brathwaite and Jomel Warrican.

Vishaul Singh is the 28-year-old right-hander from Guyana, who like Powell, had a disappointing season in the domestic four-day competition. He managed to score only 317 runs, averaging 26.41. However, like Powell, who was unbeaten on 84 in the President's XI game, Vishaul was unbeaten on 135 in the first innings. The skipper of the ICC Under-19 2016 World Cup-winning squad, Hetmyer, 20, was promising for Guyana in the four-day competition, scoring 496 runs in 15 innings at 38.15.

"Vishal has been one of the more consistent batsmen in the Regional 4-Day Tournament over the last few seasons and had a very good A-Team series against Sri Lanka last year," Browne said. "His hundred over the weekend for the WICB President's XI against the Pakistanis helped to fortify in our minds that he has a place in our squad. He gives us the option of a solid middle-order batsman around whom our more free-scoring players can bat."

Squad: Jason Holder (capt.), Devendra Bishoo, Jermaine Blackwood, Kraigg Brathwaite, Roston Chase, Miguel Cummins, Shane Dowrich (wk), Shannon Gabriel, Shimron Hetmyer, Shai Hope, Alzarri Joseph, Kieran Powell, Vishaul Singh

Resources :Cricbuzz